The all-new Ather 450 Apex!

Booked it :fire:

1 Like

Without knowing the specs???

Ather has played this deal way too many times. It may have worked with Gen2. But I’m still waiting to see the specs and then book. Else leaning towards the New Family Scooter.

6 Likes

You should give the River EV a try if you’re looking for a roomy scooter

1 Like

Might cancel it later since the amount is fully refundable.

2 Likes

I’ve heard years ago of people having issues refunding their booking :joy: haunts me

That is a constant fear :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I can understand how gen3.x customers were left in lurch may be Ather should complelety stop incremental upgrades let it be gen 3 gen4 gen whatever but collate all improvements and do fewer releases , Ather highly proprosed improvements via SW and keep the scooter updated however they are themselves failing on thier execution with older scooters , BTW i have a gen 4 and not too optimistic either about advanced regen trickling down to gen4 too…

4 Likes

I would have been completely okay if they launched gen 4 in community day. But khair chhodo.

2 Likes

I’ve had a booking for every Gen that was launched. One year later someone from Ather would call me and let me know they initiated a refund cos they can’t have an open booking for this long!

4 Likes

Any particular reason why none of them was able to impress you?

I had done the the same, except for gen 4, but had a booking for 450s, still it had failed to make an impression. :confused:

My daily usage was just about 30kms per day and barely anything during COVID. It made no sense to buy a new scooter that would barely see like 3000km per year.

Of course, now that my 1st Gen is nearing the 5yr mark, I may just replace it this time or look at a proper bike like the UV. I am very unsure!

1 Like

My case is opposite, I need atleast 100km range scooter with me and 2 kids can sit comfortably on it. But Right now its a lot of discomfort to travel in Ather. Hence looking for a good alternative. Now that leaks just confirmed that a bigger family scooter is on the way. Will wait for that.

Or maybe go with other alternatives like Iqube.

2 Likes

It’s going to be a dead investment on the charger you built if you move to iqube. Btw, is it still working?

This upcoming apex is pure performance update so best bet is wait for family scooter if ur still not satisfied iqube is the best option regarding comfort

Hmm. Yes, I think so too. The reason they are launching Apex before the family scooter is the parts are the same as the current gen. The frame. The model. Display. That is why this time I’m adamant about going in for the family one.

Hey. The charger burned 2 times already. The issue is due to extreme voltage fluctuations. I’m currently desoldering major components and replacing them with High-quality Genuine parts. So that will guarantee optimal performance at all times.

6 Likes

plus I believe it’s actually range is not more then 110 same as gen 4 Unless am wrong

1 Like

110km is more than enough for my needs. but I hope that’s in at least sports mode. if that comes true, I’ll be the first to get the new model.

PS: a good chance to meet @tarun . :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

110 sports mode lol

Maybe why not wrap

110 on warp mode means atleast 6kWh battery. Which means 2x the current price. The range indicator is too good and realistic. 110 on sports mode will be a pack for 4.5 kWh is might be under budget for few people. Since the body of the new family scooter is wide and broad I have big hopes on a bigger battery pack.

1 Like

People following Ather for long enough would have understood by now that they are not in the Range game.

3 Likes