Take your riding skills to the next level! - Ather Wheeecamp

Arunai Grid, Dommasandra, Bengaluru

2 Likes

Woow sounds great… I also want to learn these things !!

1 Like

This is such a great initiative by Ather. I hope they keep doing such events in more & more cities. Eagerly waiting for the photos & videos of the event.

3 Likes

If I knew Before , I might Planned a Ride :smirk:

3 Likes

We organized a track day event for Ather owners at the Aruani Grid, called Wheeecamp. An experience full of thrills, it aimed at teaching Ather owners the capabilities of their scooters and how to make the most of them on their rides.

The training sessions at the track day event were conducted by none other than Rajini Krishnan, a national road racing champion and his team of experienced riders. Who better to teach Ather owners the necessary skills to level up their riding chops?

The day started with a detailed briefing on different aspects of riding the Ather 450X including throttle control, vision, braking and body position.

During the throttle control training session, owners were taught how to roll on and off the throttle smoothly to maximize their control over the two-wheeler. The instructors emphasized the importance of good throttle control in maximizing stability and control while riding. They also highlighted how this skill can do wonders in maximizing range while maintaining higher average speeds.

Vision was another crucial skill emphasised at the event. Owners were taught to look where they wanted to go, which is a simple yet effective riding skill to ride faster and safer. They were also shown the importance of racing lines, which ensures maximising the smoothness and stability of their Ather.

The braking session was focused on teaching owners how to stop quickly and safely, especially in panic-inducing situations. Owners practiced coming to a stop in the shortest distance possible, while also practicing linear and progressive braking techniques to improve stability.

Body position was the final skill that was touched upon at the event. Owners were taught to maintain relaxed riding positions and ensure lesser stiffness on the riding bar in everyday scenarios, which can help reduce fatigue and discomfort.

Overall, the presence of Rajini Krishnan and his team at the event added a whole lot more excitement and motivation for the Ather owners. They left the event feeling more confident about their riding skills.

Do you want to be a part of the next Wheeecamp? Which city should we do Wheecamp in next?

9 Likes

absolutely yes, and Delhi next, thanks :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Sounds so cool. Indore next, though we don’t have a track :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

These photos are of morning batch . Can you please send afternoon batch photos also.

2 Likes

Thank you Ather ENERGY!!!

Brilliant Initiative for us owners to understand more about the capability of these scooters.

Considering the 450X was designed in order to replace a lot of 150cc bikes, It was great to get an insight into how balanced this scooter is, even with the rider moving around in her/his seat (I dont think any scooter in India currently has made me feel this secure shifting body weight side to side.)

Hoping a lot more of the community can get this chance in the future! (A MUST FOR MEMBERS WHO HAVENT HAD ANY TRACK EXPERIENCE!)

3 Likes

Hey Smridhi, Maybe Chennai should be next on the list as Chennai was the next city from Bengaluru Ather 450 was launched.

3 Likes

Absolutely yes I want to be part of the Wheeecamp… When are you organizing another one at Bangalore?

Wheecamp in Siliguri please :smiley:

Please Mumbai next! Should be easy to organize in partnership with Ajmera IndiKarting in Wadala.

2 Likes

Next Stop !!

Coimbatore - Kari Motors Speedway :crown:

4 Likes

Pearl City Hyderabad for sure :+1:

1 Like

Count me in for the next one please!!!

1 Like

When is the next wheee camp of Ather at aruani grid Bengaluru

I don’t think they will have next one in Bengaluru soon. Looks like they will have in other cities now.

I know it’s a bit too much to ask. But is there any chance that there will be another track day at Ather? In Bangalore @abhishek.balaji

1 Like

Please in Delhi NCR next.

1 Like