Smart Charging

Instead of jiofi there is a plug adapter device which accepts any sim u can plug it n u can use it continuosly without any hassle n the product is known as COFE 4g sim router that is commonly used to configure ip cctv cameras now a days

3 Likes

Ahhh. So much technology…!

2 Likes

Suraj, Does it work the logic without being connected to wifi or needs constant connection?

1 Like

It needs WiFi connection when you want to use it…

1 Like

Hopefully the optimised charging option in the new UI will be a permanent solution for all the jugaads we tried :relaxed:

1 Like

Exactly… I am super excited about the optimized charging. When enabled, it seems it will charge only to 80%. Nice…! :heart:

3 Likes

This - Gen 1 started asking, continued asking in a cycle and deserves it. I believe this has no limitations on the hardware.

Please add this when you rollout Smart Eco update.

If this comes, this will be an Easter egg basket for Gen 1 :wink:

4 Likes

Can we set upper limit as per our prefernce or just 80% as mentioned?

No you cannot change it, 80% is default.

1 Like

Ather should give option in the app to set the limit of optimised charging because i have gen 3 plus and 80% battery is not sufficient but 90% is okay …so i can set auto cut at 90% l.

9 Likes

You have my vote…!

2 Likes

News…! Grids will be upgraded to cut off charging at 80%. Umm, I think its terrific. Hoping this will discourage hoggers…! :heart::ok_hand:

7 Likes

Tried sideloading the apk onto my samsung wear os watch, no hiccups till the sign in. After sign in due to the small screen, this is how it looks, the app interface isn’t scrollable so only the top part is visible where we can see the battery level on top. Which could be the most usable feature , even though if the other features like the location or grid charger would’ve been displayed it would be difficult to squeeze the details on the watch unless it is optimized for the watch’s os and screen size.

21 Likes

would it be possible to connect a bluetooth mouse and scroll with that? just for giggles :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Haha, yes can be done i guess

Yes ,It should be 90 % Because after ,90 to 100 it’s takes 45 Min. To 50 Min More …80 is so less I think everyone should be agree on this.

3 Likes

We need an option to turn off/on optimized charging from the mobile app…! Last night, we made a plan to go out on a long 70 kms ride (perfect weather due to showers); but Toothless was set on optimized charging. So, I had to go down to my parking lot to turn the feature off. It’s a wonderful feature but little more convenience will go a long way. :heart::blush:

7 Likes

you named your Ather Toothless?? :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

80% cut off at the grids is super awesome…! I enjoyed my lunch while Toothless quietly charged to 80%. I went out and found it was properly pulled to a side by a dude who needed to charge his bike. Smooth, no hassle…! Note: Please don’t lock the handle while fast charging & be nice. :heart:

Cheers…!

13 Likes

More than 2 years with more than 21k clocked, still awesome efficiency and close to 90 kms range in ride mode at 40kms/hr average speeds…! :heart: I went out for a long leisure ride after a long time. It was amazing. The fast charging experience today was terrific. While coming back home, I waited for my turn at the charger. The awesome thing was the owner had left the bike to charge and he never returned. But hey, the bike clicked 80%, I removed the charger and started charging my bike. Muahh…! Only little issue was the bike handle was locked and I had to do jugaad for the cable to reach my bike. Overall, a nice day…! :blush:

Chalo, abhi koi khareed lo. I want gen 3. :joy:

6 Likes