Setting up Your Home Charging Point

If your’re planning to use that as a night light. Id advise not cheaping out and installing outside, also please buy a disco bulb… so you know the fun element stays in your night life

A post was split to a new topic: Other grievances

Are u now using travel charger/portable charger instead of ather grid ?

So if I were to pick the portable charger. And go for the Ather One subscription will I be effectively getting both the home charger and th portable charger for 2,800 rupees ?

Home Pod is bundled with Vehicle price. And portable charger is sold as seperate accessory. Ather one is just after sales service.

1 Like

Isn’t the home charger complimentary for a while ?

It says limited offer
And here

It says home charging is included. So that’s just the reimbursement or when home charging is not complimentary anymore would it include setting up the charger too?

My understanding is that you get reimbursed for any charging done via AC input. Which is why you will not get any reimbursement for charging at public points since they are DC chargers.

IF you have the Ather One subscription.

1 Like

Alright so when the home charger is no longer included. New owners have to buy the home charger separately. Got it

Raghav, that’s what I thought as well. But when Ather team came to visit my office to check the feasibility for charging point (home charging pod, not the public fast charging pod), they told that electricity charge will be borne by employer or employee.

So I think Ather might reimburse only the Charging done thru the pod linked to the home.

I m not sure if that’s correct or not.

@Ather.Team @nishant.dk can clarify.

I mentioned that because it came up in a conversation I had with one of the team members during the Chennai event.

1 Like

Home charging pod is part of the bundle always. Only portable charger is an optional accessory.

But if want you can opt for portable charger instead of home pod… But I don’t remember anyone choosing that option.

Could be. But that’s the latest update I got last week during the visit…

That’s one of the point employer has to agree before installation.

I was confused because the home charging pod is bundled in the limited period offer.

I guess the home pod will be free for the next few years or so. See the 340 doesn’t get the home pod. That’s why they have included it as a limited offer for the 450. I guess they won’t pull it out soon. It’ll be there for a while. After some expansion, they might start charging for it.

3 Likes

Simply put, consumption using AC chargers is reimbursed. Electricity charges for home pod installed anywhere has to be borne by the host of the pod. It’s exactly like how we are bearing the electricity charges at our home and Ather is reimbursing later. So for Ather it doesn’t matter who’s bearing that. Ather takes up only the Pod cost and it’s installation cost.

For DC chargers,since Ather is taking up the consumption cost too, there’s no reimbursement.

2 Likes

A slight correction: Consumption using AC chargers in home pod is reimbursed.

Coz, in office campus, it is still a AC charger which is installed.

You are right. By that time, I guess Ather 450 price would have come down becoz of competition, battery price, mass production …

I hope it’s stays ‘free’ for lifetime. It’s like buying a smartphone and then realising that you need to pay extra for the charger. That will be a bummer.

3 Likes

What’s installed in office is also an AC Home pod.
At your home you pay the electricity bill, at your office your company (or you in worst case) will pay the bill.
Consumption using both Pods is reimbursed by Ather.

1 Like

Oh, If that is the case, then my understanding is wrong…

I thought the charging happened using office pod will not be considered for reimbursement…

1 Like