Riding in the rains

Ather service team have opened everything once and tried fixing. Still no good. Anyways this is a loaner. I am getting my S1 back in approximately 10 days

4 Likes

Yea. With the new EVs coming, I wonder why these guys are still reluctant on customer service part.

3 Likes

Same here, there is a squeaking noise when riding in rain or wet conditions. As soon as the weather dries the noise goes away. Really irritating.

4 Likes

My main pain area is even rider get mud spray heavily due to Atherā€™s tyre only after a short ride in rains. Rainsuit is also required to clean after every ride. Vehicle gets completely dirty which needs cleaning. Pressure cleaning everyday is not a workable solution. Seems we need to have subscription with cleaning agency for monsoon. :grinning: @ather any tie ups?

3 Likes

I can so relate to this problem during rains scooter gets dirty often. Hiring one of the apartments local help, who wash scooters/bikes is a good option. They can just wash/wipe down every day/alternate day. And maybe a nice foam wash, once in two weeks or so, should keep it really clean.

2 Likes

Sound is belt alignment sound, I face the same issue not much sound , Little noise went to chennai Ec , they fix and delivery to me, I didnā€™t face this issue in the past one week.

Rain :cloud_with_rain: with Ather 450x Superb experience with charging point @oldcity Hyderabad

2 Likes

Where actually is this charger, I mean when many owners raise request for chargers in some areas in banaglore Atherā€™s typical answer is that their selection of charging stations is based on the fact that cistomer has to spend some time by the time cahrging is done so that they do not feel bored and all blah blah blahā€¦ But by any means this is not looking like meeting that so called heavenly cause and seems to be in middle of houses. (Correct me if my assumption is wrong since the picture is in that manner only). A long shot would clarify the matter.

3 Likes

This is at Narahari silks at Hyderabad,there is also a kind owner in the next building if I heard it right.

2 Likes

This problem am faced Jan 2021 reaching 13k odo and its resolvedā€¦

This past week, I had my flight parked under the rain for a few hours and then unfortunately ended up in some roads that had water till the footboard.

A couple of concerning observations -

1. Considerable drag in the wheels at all speeds (like something is trying to hold back the vehicle from moving)

2. Lot of squeaking/creaking sound at the rear wheel and belt (some sounds that come and go, others stay constant throughout)

I tried the usual pressure wash and driving around hoping itā€™ll go away, but no avail yet.

I am wondering if this is something thatā€™d require the service teamā€™s attention.

And also, if itā€™s advisable to avoid riding when unpredictable weather is on the cards.

Might be due to water between belt and pulleys causing change in physical parameters. Iā€™d say it has nothing to do with tyres except for lower grip.

If it is that way in Bangalore, how would it be in Kerala! :smiling_face_with_tear:

This usually ends up with dirt in the different bearings as well as in various parts of the brakes. If you listen to the music it makes and figure out the timing, you will get an idea of what is chirping. Pressure wash directed to these points should help; internal pulleys are hard to reach though. If you cannot diy, then best send it to the experts at service.

Canā€™t agree more to this!

Iā€™ve seen a lot of owners complain about the grip during the rainy season or in wet conditions. Is the case same for the newer tyres in the Gen 4 too?

2 Likes

New tyres are good compared to gen 2.

3 Likes

There are no new tyres they are the same old ones from gen3 onwards.

3 Likes

As we discussed, I put Hold for my Reise Tyre Plan. i choose to stick with TVS Eurogrip 100/80-12 Remora :rocket:

Are they soft or hard compound tyres?

1 Like

Soft Soft :icecream:

1 Like

Should I wait for reise EV tyres or tvs Eurogrip ?

1 Like

If You want EV Tyres, You may Try TVS Etorq 90-90/12

@tpav.vasanth using it on his Ather 450

1 Like