Riding in the rains

Correct I also observed…

Today I fell down while taking a U-turn because of damp road with fine sand. Front tire got skid while steering left. It was light rain showers. A guy helped me to side my 450 and within minutes another guy fell.

I’m good, no severe injuries. I had TT and ointment for wounds.

The left mask had slight crack and bit scratches because I fell on sideways at very less speed.

Please be careful during rains.

2 Likes

So sad to hear bro. :frowning::anguished: Please be safe bro while riding.

Recently ride the 450 fully in heavy rain…

1-- The motor’s running condition will change, like it’s running too hard, sound becomes abnormal.

2-- pickup will drop.

3-- mileage also dropped.

4-- When motor and belt went from wet to dry condition, automatically it becomes normal…

2 Likes

Interesting observations, but there shouldn’t be a difference in the mileage or the pickup when riding in the rains. The sound is normal, since when the belt is wet, it attracts dust and sand from the road, and that adds to the noise. When it gets dry, like you rightly pointed out, the dust and sand drop off and the sound will be as earlier.

5 Likes

My observations from riding in rains from last few weeks.

1. It feels as if there’s an increased load on the motor. This might be due to extra drag caused by water on the road.
  2. Rear tyre tends to do a static spin on a few surfaces like wet concrete, inclined roads, fallen tree twigs, gravel etc. Be cautious.
  3. Prior to the update it was really tough to drive during rains. The reason being that bright light from the ‘normal screen’ mode tends to bounce off the droplets on the helmet visor. Kudos to Ather for introducing the dark mode.

Ps: Please make sure you are driving under 25km/hr during heavy rains. By any chance if you run into a pothole on high speed the front wheel bounces off like a tennis ball. I lost control after hitting a pothole last month whcih left some scratches on the right side of the scooter. Luckily there was no vehicle passing by from the other side.

4 Likes

The sound while riding in rain is due to the sand between belts from tyre to motor. This is very normal the sound brings strange feel into mind due to little anxiety. If the effect stays for long time after rains then its a worrisome act.

1 Like

Is it okay to have these wires below the dashboard naked and ride in the rains?

1 Like

I think this is a photo from the front panel ,its ok because all the connector you see here are waterproof mostly

2 Likes

Did anyone face any problems today in Bangalore? Lot of vehicles had stopped in the middle of the road, as they were all filled with water(1-2ft).

1 Like

Request to through some light on use of EV while thundering.

Safety related issues or limitations if any

Adding: also, protection of Dot/portable charger, and about being connected to scooter during thunderstorms.

1 Like

Please check this out. shifting-gears.com: Maxxis launches special electric two-wheeler tyres. These may serve well in rains too I guess. (https://shifting-gears.com/maxxis-launches-special-electric-two-wheeler-tyres/)

1 Like

Can i ride ather 450x while raining? i want to know your experience

There is an existing thread about riding in the rain here -> Riding in the rains

1 Like

Hi riders, have you joined a bit of roughness and a bit of non-smoothness after the vehicle was in rain ?

Also, I have noticed a sound like a fan or something which lasts for 3-5 seconds after the vehicle has come to rest. Kindly share thoughts and instance encountered.

3 Likes

It’s a normal thing with Athers going nuts after being ridden in rains. It makes new sounds, roughness level increases etc etc. Take it to the service centre and get it sorted.

The loaner 450x they have given me is making this irritating noise since my ride in the rain. The team has not been able to fix this till date and it’s br coming louder and louder.

3 Likes

If you have access to a nearby wash center or any garage which has compressed air ask them to clean the belt area near the motor, and also if water gets deposited there ( which is the case most of the time) it makes noise that gets irritating over a period of time.