Request to close this section and blame Government Regulations for it

Request to close the Feature Request section and blame it on Government Regulations.

Its also quite evident over the course of past weeks that every sprint / release, the Ather team decides regarding what features to kill rather than features to add. So this section is quite redundant and just acts as an echo chamber for owners.

33 Likes

Yes they must close the feature request thread. They named this Feature Request section yet the most requested features (cruise control and advance/coasting regeneration) are/will not be coming to those who actually requested for it​:joy::joy::joy::joy:. What an irony.

15 Likes

That’s how it works, taking data and feedbaack by experimenting on guniea pigs, and we were Ather’s guinea pigs which they used for further improve their product line up.

12 Likes

images

:rofl::rofl::stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue:

15 Likes

forget feature requests,whats up with Ather labs? Ather is taking years to implement simple software features that they are already considering,its been a year since a quality Ather labs feature was out (smart eco).

10 Likes

Now that you guys are asking for cruise control Ather will definitely brink it out for Gen 5 users

2 Likes

So guys we have already mentioned all the specs during homologation and we are tooooooooooo tired to file an amendment so f it and hemce all your requests are closed.

P.S. : DO BUY OUR SUBSCRIPTION.

6 Likes

Hey, I’m new here and couldn’t post my “Feature Request” anywhere else on the forum.

Here’s my feature request:

• Privacy.

• I want the company, Ather to respect my privacy and give me (all Ather owners) an option to opt out of Telemetry and data collection that includes analytics.
    • If an user, like me is uncomfortable sharing info, you are expected to respect that.
    • A normal petrol vehicle is dumb, it does its job of turning on and driving to the location where I drive. Except the FRT based CCTVs out there, no one tracks my location or whereabouts. But with Ather, it tells a whole new different story. Starting with booting up the device (yea, I call my vehicle a device), until it is shut down again, the company seems to collect a ton of data and is completely opaque about it which I completely don not agree and uncomfortable with.
  • The website has a privacy policy that talks about how the data is handled when you visit the website

• The apps on mobile has a privacy policy that talks about how the user data is handled when you use the app

• The vehicle is connected to the internet 24/7 sending data to cerberus(dot)Ather(dot)io, Ather-analytics(dot)Ather(dot)io, and I’ve no idea what information is being sent and how much data is being sent and the vehicle has NO privacy policy or what so ever

I wish India had focused on citizen’s privacy and forced private entities to respect user / customer / citizen’s privacy, but it always failed its citizens. But it you, the company’s responsibility to be transparent about what the data you collect and how one can opt out of that.

I had even tried contacting the grievance officer who rarely gave a follow up response that never answered the questions that I had asked.

I ask the company to take this a feature request, if not at least, as a responsibility and work on the same.

Thanks!

12 Likes

but why does it matter if Ather is collecting your location/telemetry data? I love that my 1.6 lakhs are being tracked by multiple sources if i loose acess to my Ather/gmail account.

Why would Ather specifically monitor someones where abouts unless they are asked by police for which it still doesn’t make sense as a scooter can be used by anyone Ather doesn’t know who’s riding.

just turn on incognito mode when you are about to do some illegal stuff :smirk:

1 Like

They do inform about the policy and terms of purchase during purchase of vehicle and the same are also available through app in settings which hyperlinks to this .

Also, out of curiosity, keeping the privacy in mind how did you post this comment as I don’t this Ather allows anonymous snailmail to post on forum. /s

2 Likes

but why does it matter if Ather is collecting your location/telemetry data? I love that my 1.6 lakhs are being tracked by multiple sources if i loose acess to my Ather/gmail account.

You close the bathroom door when you go. Why? You want privacy. If you really don’t care, then how about leaving the door wide open every time you go to the bathroom? Makes sense?
I close the door because I want privacy and I’m uncomfortable keeping the door open.
The same applies here. I’m uncomfortable with a private company watching me all the time recording my every movements.

Yes, I’m not the only one being tracked, but everyone. But you cannot escape from the fact that the company collects all these data. You should be given an opt out option of this.

make sense as a scooter can be used by anyone Ather doesn’t know who’s riding

Yes, it does not know who’s riding the vehicle, but it surely knows it is your vehicle.

just turn on incognito mode when you are about to do some illegal stuff

Just because you turned Incognito mode does not mean that you’re a criminal and you’re obligated to do so. FYI, turning on Incognito mode does only thing: Hides the location data from getting stored into your account, but the company clearly knows where you’re and what you’re doing.
Also, when you had the petrol / non-electric vehicle, I bet that did not had this kind privacy invasive technology and you literally had no idea about that. This is mobile on wheels where you’re being tracked 24/7. You might be comfortable or happy being tracked, but not everyone.

They do inform about the policy and terms of purchase during purchase of vehicle and the same are also available …

Thanks for this, I’m not sure how did I miss this.

keeping the privacy in mind how did you post this comment as I don’t this Ather allows anonymous snailmail to post on forum

Unfortunately yes, I don’t have any other option other than signing in to interact with you all by giving my real email which is linked to my vehicle :slight_smile:

PS: If you really have no idea about what PRIVACY is, you can learn about that here: privacyguides(dot)org

As a thought that came into my mind today, the company seem to be “anti-self-repair” as well. If my vehicle breaks down tomorrow and is an easy fix that I can on my own, I really have no option other than running to Ather showroom to get the issue fixed. Why? 3rd party repairs are not supported as they’ve completely locked the software. Especially the diagonstics mode (developer mode) that basically allows you to debug your vehicle with logs.

This suck dude.

10 Likes

I’m 100% with you on this matter. Privacy shouldn’t be a privilege but the right of consumer.

3 Likes

Totally agree to this, the point about gatekeeping service is pretty sad. Since, it is all software, even when it is closer to the vehicle’s EOL, we are forced to visit service centres… It can be viewed as a good thing in a way how it keeps the vehicle and records as original as possible but at the cost of being locked into their system, always. With regulations and clarity coming in about vehicles and connectivity in India, hoping things to get better.

1 Like

holy crap you are that paranoid about your on public road movements? why do you have a smart connected scooter in the first place? get a okinawa or bajaj chetak

1 Like

kindly explain what Ather would do with this information and how this is a threat to you.

Ather can use these information for may things. Improving their products so that Next gen is better then the current gen. They can use it to understand which place people visit the most and then try to set up a charging station there. They can use it to track your vehicle data in case of an accident. They can do everything to improve their products. But the question is why are you becoming their lab rat if they are not paying you for it.

Also I agree he should have bought a less advance vehicle to avoid getting tracked.

5 Likes

being a lab rat after paying for Ather connect is something I can agree to but mostly Ather grids are put up by place owners not Ather example in mumbai none of public places or malls have grids,its only private buisnesses or paid parkings

1 Like

And the worst part is those private chargers are not 24/7 and have random timings for each, which makes it more problematic during emergency, moreover the charger visibility or indication of its presence is not clear.have to go searching for the that box🥲.

1 Like

Man, since you this paranoid about privacy may I ask what kind of telecommunications device you use and what OS do you have running over it? IOS collects user data, regardless of what they say, Android doesn’t collects rather eats user data, so unless you have custom baked OS which you created by scratch incl the phone firmware, you are in for a surprise of a lifetime about privacy.

5 Likes

holy crap you are that paranoid about your on public road movements? why do you have a smart connected scooter in the first place? get a okinawa or bajaj chetak

This more or less feels like a fanboy harassing for questioning the company’s data practices. I never wanted a smart connected scooter. I bought this vehicle just because it is electric. Why pro plan you may ask. That’s good question. Battery warranty. Nothing else. Also, I don’t really understand on why you’ve been defending the company collecting your personal information and that’s just a thought, I don’t ask an answer about that either.

This is my personal opinion regarding the company collecting such data. Since they’re doing, why not be transaparent about it? What’s the need for hiding it when asked for details? Why not allow deletion of data if asked? Anything wrong asking that? Just because you’re comfortable being tracked viz., being placed a camera in bedroom to monitor the activity, not everyone is okay with that and I’m one among them.
My question first of all is for the company and I expect the company to answer to my questions.

Edit: If a person is comfortable sharing any data, that person should be given an option, if uncomfortable, also the person should be given an option. Even if that option is opt-out, I’m okay with that and I’m pretty sure, if it is opt-in, the company would be having hard time convincing users to opt-in. Opt-Out should be the default which the company is reluctant to give.

paranoid about privacy

This is me, not being paranoid, but rather standing for myself and my privacy. I hate being placed a camera in bedroom, or showering keeping the door open.

what OS do you have running over it?

Since you asked, here are some info: Bluejay running GrapheneOS.
I personally prefer usigng Signal over WhatsApp.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

5 Likes