Regenerative Braking Tips!

Yeah, with Atherstack 5 regen no long works till standstill. no regen below 2-3km/h i feel

3 Likes

I have actually have had mixed experiences with Regen on the Gen3.1, sometimes it’s a complete miss and doesn’t slow down, and other times it’s worked very well and slows down aggressively. Anyone has similar experience or shed some light what could be the reason?

4 Likes

Regen seems to work more agressive under 50kmph than speeds above. This has been my observation.

5 Likes

Yep!!I own a Gen 3 and beyond 50kmph I don’t get the speed slowing down as aggressive as it does below 50kmph…

5 Likes

I may have experienced the same too! Hopefully we get Advanced Regen soon, and have more control over the braking.

6 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Ather 450X Discussions

I am with Gen 2 and jealous…! :joy:

4 Likes

Perfect :+1::+1:

2 Likes

i discovered one more way to regen i.e. by rotating throttle in opposite direction. But wondering if it works if battery is charged more than 80 percent…

2 Likes

It is a default way to activate regen. It works when the SOC is below 84%.

5 Likes

what is SOC?

4 Likes

State Of Charge. Battery percentage in simple words

4 Likes

I bought Ather 450x Gen3 last week. For initial 4 days the rolling was very good after I leave throttle/accelerator. Now rolling has reduced and feel like something is holding back scooter. Is it due to regeneration?? I never activated it nor I twisted throttle in opposite direction. This happens each time I drive now.

2 Likes

Check your brakes. Check if the disk is getting hot without applying brakes, especially the front.

3 Likes

as battery soc decreases below 86% Ather auto applies regen slightly untill 17% when you start notcing it while braking so charge to 100 and check if roll is good as you remember

1 Like

Abhishek ji I don’t think Ather has given any regen option in its models till gen 3.1. The upcoming newer models might have the option of throttling in opposite dir but gen 3.1 scooters don’t have this option neither does the scooter display any message that regen is working.

It isn’t coming either. So :hugs:

Yes. Felt th same

So basically, Regen also works when you tap the brake but that one is low regen and throttle one is high Regen The problem is with the prioritisation where if the throttle regen is activated then it should keep that activated even if brakes have been pressed but as of tapping the brake overwrites the high regen to the lower one.

It’s actually miss on the software side. Btw brake regen works in conjunction with the brake light switch which activates brake light when you brake

4 Likes

Regen works, try twisting throttle in opposite direction if you are below 85% charge you will see scooter slow down and it gains charge. It won’t show any indication though. Gen2 and above can try.

1 Like