Possible theft from boot

I tried contacting customer service but they told to buy it

1 Like

Then that buries all your options, IMO just modify the seat to your liking, just like the old owners did. There is a whole topic covered under seat modifications, do check that out.

5 Likes

More than items being stolen from the boot, I’m concerned about item’s being stolen because they don’t fit in the boot. Yes I’m talking about the helmet. There are all types of people using Ather’s. Many are quite happy using entry level helmets which fit in the boot. But there are quite a few who want to use better helmets. Many already own these helmets. I’m not talking about the ultra expensive ones that cost as much as the bike but the ones like Axor, LS2, MT, SMK etc. I own an Axor and it doesn’t fit in the boot. When Ather redesigned the seat, they should have scooped out the seat base a bit and redesigned the boot a bit to give 1-2 cm height to fit these helmets.

1 Like

I own the same Axor Hunter helmet too, but making that size helmet fit in there would be pretty tricky, which would lead to increase in size of the seat and the height of the seat too. I usually just carry that helmet along with the bag provided and have a secondary half face helmet as emergency which fits in the boot.

This is my secondary helmet which fits in the boot.

It’s a cheap Studds Chrome.

1 Like

There is literally no ece or dot compatible full-face helmet in India that would fit in the boot for now.

You can fit an axor helmet in the boot space , just keep some sort of foam/sponge to avoid friction between the seat and helmet and press the seat heard with both hands.(might have to give it more than 1 try) Embarrassing process but useful in cases where carrying your helmet around isn’t an option. My axor rage has remained safe until now.

There will probably never be any DOT or ECE helmet that will fit in the boot of an Ather. Even if we get one it will not be a great helmet. The only solution will be a redesign of the boot. If Ather is not able to do that for existing owners, the should at least do it for the next model of the scooter. I am not able to post this suggestion in the feature requests thread.

Dude my Bell Qualifier fits inside the boot with space to spare for 2 phones and 2 microfiber cloths. What you should also say is there are no DOT or ECE rated helmets in India right now. Bell will start offering their ISI rated helmets starting December 2023, AFAIK they will be the first of the top rated helmets to be available with ISI marking. @P3T3R_GOA