Portable charger

@abhishek.balaji Just wanted to check if you have poratble charger available in stock. I have been calling CS everyday from 3 weeks to check availability of stock and CS always gives me the same copy paste answer “will check and call you back”. I am in urgent need of a poratble charger. Can you please help me with this.

Yes, even I am in need of one. Please don’t make us wait for everything

We’re expecting stocks by the end of this week. So please check back with CS early next week for this.

1 Like

Hey Abhishek, would the first generation charger still be available? Or has it been discontinued?

First gen version is available. Please reach out to CS for this.

Oh nice, thanks!

I like to bring to your kind notice that I would like to go for the Plan 1 Option so that I shall be upgraded to the latest Ather models in future too.

Everyone would accept that the portable charger is also must in this early stage of implementation of EV (Not Ather Grid covered Area) and that answers the Range anxiety.

I have understood from your website & Forum that previously Ather were providing Portable Charger V1 and due to the technology advancement / adoption to the new Ather 450 (Removal of convertor from Bile) now Portable Charge V2 is issued. So technically Portable Charger V1 shall not be compatible with the latest Ather 450,

I would suggest to provide the Portable Chargers also along with the vehicle Ather 450 to the Lease customer and they shall return the same once they return the vehicle, since the portable charger might not be compactable with the latest upgrade.

I have taken this issue to Autovert notice but they have informed that they did not get any technical update from Ather regarding the compatibility. (Correct me if my understanding is wrong).

Kindly advice the technical team of Autovert regarding the latest upgrade of the vehicle and the portable charger V2 so that it will be benefit to the Lease customer who opt for Plan 1 who like to upgrade.

Since I like to be with Ather in future also by upgrading my vehicle to the latest technology I would suggest Ather to Advice Autovert to supply the portable charger along with the vehicle and shall be returned back along with the vehicle.

I have made a request to Ather Customer Care and support executive Mr. Bernad have understood the technical lapse and made a note of that, as per the direction I am writing this request to move forward to issue the portable charger for the Lease Plan 1 customers.

Looking forward for the positive reply from Ather.

1 Like

Hey,

After you complete the payment process with Autovert, you can choose to get the home charger (Dot) installed or opt for the portable charger depending on your preference.

To clarify further, on a leasing plan, when you decide to return the vehicle, the charging point would have to be returned as well. Since you’re buying the portable charger as a additional accessory, it will not be part of the leasing program.

Besides, in 3 years when you do decide to upgrade, there is likely to be a much faster charger given the advancements in charging technology.

2 Likes

Hi Abishek,
I have been checking if the new portable charger that puts out lower wattage to charge the scooter can be used to charger the first gen Ather .I was told its possible and they are testing , can you let me know if there is a 720 watts charger that can charge old scooter.

1 Like

I can take ur charger if it’s still available

Hi Abhishek,

Understood that the portable charger V2 is out of stock and shall take some time to get delivered,

In that case If I opt for portable charger in place of DOT then will my delivery of my Ather shall be delayed further or I need to have my Ather at my parking with out charge (Only depends on the public GRID (Since portable charger is out of stock).

Kindly clarify.

1 Like

Please check with customer care regarding the availability in case you’re opting for portable charger over Dot.

1 Like

@abhishek.balaji checked with CS for availability for poratble charger and they say they done have enough stocks. Is it true that you are expecting some more stocks end of this week. I have been following up since a month and have even written a mail to CS on this. I urgently need a poratble charger. I usually travel from JP Nagar to Whitefield and there are not enough ather grids in this route. The one in HSR layout will be off after 10pm.

@abhishek.balaji. Along with the Dot, will we get the portable charger as well? or do we have to purchase it separately?
My apartment association is not agreeing for the Dot installation and I am trying to convince them. In case, if they don’t agree by the time I receive the Ather, at least I can use the portable charger for few days.

3 Likes

It should be purchased separately. But they have to agree. No other choice for them because it’s a rule from BBMP. Other owners are ready to go to your place and talk to your association. So don’t worry.

3 Likes

@Abhishek balaji,

We are yet to recieve payment window for portable charger …it’s almost month end now…pls update to same.

1 Like

Hey, if you’ve let Customer Care know about your requirement, they’ll reach out to you when there are stocks available with the payment link.

3 Likes

He Abhishek. We have been said this many times. But when wil it be available?

1 Like

why mismatch in even portable charges - the portable chargers never get expired nor it gets spoiled or expired , then why no availability of chargers .
if you make more production of chargers are they to be dead stock ya ather is not interested in making of large production,
if there is fund problem in Ather why don’t they take full payment of chargers and deliver to ather customers who are interested in buying .
when you expand big in market a request that all the accessories require while bike delivery is also available as customer interested for it .

IN THIS FORUM THE TEAM HEAD EVEN DO NOT HAVE IDEA WHEN THE PORTABLE CHARGERS WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR BUYING FOR CHENNAI CUSTOMERS
HOPE THE TEAM HEAD GIVES THE EXACT DATE OF IT

3 Likes

Hi Mukesh,

The process for getting a portable charger is to currently register a request with Customer Care and they will reach out to you when your portable charger is available for pickup. There are already a lot of people who’ve requested for it and the team is fulfilling them as we get stocks.