Portable charger

Exactly, this portable charger has wire thickness same as the Dot.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s great. V1.0 had really bad quality wires.

1 Like

ElectroBoom is the best! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am about to take delivery of my vehicle in 3-4 days at banglore, can I order 2.0 version of charger now, so that i can collect it at the time of delivery. @Ather.Team

You can definitely order. Call Customer care and theyā€™ll send a payment link to your registered email. However getting it along with the vehicle is dependent on the availability of stocks. I had done exactly like this and there were stocks too. Hence the portable charger was in the under-seat storage during delivery.

4 Likes

What is your order Iā€™d? When did you prebook?

1 Like

Thanks Hemanth i will definitely order the charger right away, hope to get it at the time of delivery.

@abhishek.balaji can you tell me what would be cost of portable charger 2.0 in Bengaluru and can we charge First generation Ather scooters with itā€¦ ?

Does this charger needs to be connected to point with proper groundingā€¦?

Itā€™s 6321, pre-booked in Nov 2018. I was supposed to make payment in June but made it in September. Hoping for delivery before Deepavali :smile:

Cost of the new portable charger is Rs. 4800 + 5% GST. It will charge the vehicles with the on-board charger. For these vehicles, the new portable charger will not be able to wake up a dead battery - it canā€™t wake up your vehicle from 0% SoC.

For the safety of your battery and the vehicle, the portable charger should be connected to a plug point with proper grounding.

7 Likes

Thanks for the infoā€¦

Abhishekā€¦ Can you confirm my understanding?

So the new charger will work with 1.0 Ather but canā€™t wake it up from dead battery.

But the old charger will be able to wake from dead battery.

1 Like

Yep, from 0% SoC. The wake up only applies to the 450s with the onboard charger. The ones without Onboard charger work in all cases with the Dot and the new portable charger.

3 Likes

Thanks Abhishek.

Then for Ather 1.0, it is safe and better to buy old portable charger v1.0. Because, more often than not, Portable chargers are for emergency and if you canā€™t use it them during that time, then it looses its importance.

But, I hope Portable charger 1.0 continues to be available for the old customers.

6 Likes

The Ather Dot and the new portable charger 2.0 both have similar specs on paper but the Dot has a 5Amps socket to the wall and the portable charger has a 15Amps socket to the wall. So if you have a 15Amps socket ready at home/friends place/unknown location well and good or els you will need a 5Amps to 15Amps converter sold separately. Please buy a branded one.

5 Likes

The new portable charger (Rahulā€™s) near a regular size plastic tea spoon for scaleā€¦

10 Likes

Hi @abhishek.balaji

As of now, Portable charger is out of stock, Please let us know when stock will be available for purchase, thanks!

Looks lot bulkier than the old portable charger.

3 Likes

Yes, it resembles the size of a regular red brickā€¦

3 Likes

Can any one lend me portable charging station? My ather grid is suddenly showing red.

1 Like