Portable charger

My portable charging stopped working all of a sudden. The last i used this for charging was on Friday. When i plugged in the charger for charging there was not light on the portable charger. Tried multiple points but still the same. I have raised a request with the team. Has anyone encountered this issue?

2 Likes

Hey @Ather.Team,

Its been long time since the scooter and charger v1.1 released. But, there has been no proper images and specifications of the new scooter and charger. Please release some details about the same, my order is scheduled soon and I need to know all the details regarding the changes in the scooter and the portable charger. How can people trust if you guys work in a silo without open communicationā€¦ @Shreyas I guess you can help me get the details.

1 Like

Question about the charger: when plugging into a socket without plugging the other end into the scooter, is the LED supposed to glow red or green (assuming no earthing issues)?

1 Like

When it glows green it means there is no power issueā€¦ if you are specifically looking for earthing issue there is nothing thatā€™s on portable charger for thisā€¦ :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

The reason Iā€™m asking is a couple of days back, I had to call RSA because the scooter was not turning on. They tried to ā€œkickstartā€ it by connecting the charger to a power socket from a nearby shop.

Now what we observed was that when only the 3-pin plug was connected to the wall socket, the LED would glow red. However, after plugging in the other end to the scooter, the LED turned green. So I was wondering if itā€™s safe to charge in such a scenario.

When you connect the 3 pin plug to socket it performs some check gives you the result in red or greenā€¦ If its red and you connect it to scooter it shows green stating the circuit is completedā€¦ I think they do this to check if the circuit is completely workingā€¦

lets take this scenario if you connect the charger to plug it glows red and you connect to scooter the light turns green but it will not charge the scooterā€¦ on the dashboard it shows as not chargingā€¦ :slightly_smiling_face:

When I asked Ather support why GST reduction is not applicable to portable charger they mentioned it is just a cable/wire supplying current/power to vehicle, and hence it is not a charger. I believe its because the AC to DC converter is on vehicle.

I wonder why the charger is so overpriced and bulky then when it doesnā€™t even contain an AC to DC converter.

6 Likes

Really really interesting question !!! :slight_smile:

@Ather.Team Please make this portable charger as affordable as possible !!!

Mine stopped working just 4 days after the vehicle delivery , I got the replacement without any question .

2 Likes

Thanks for your response. Even I got it replaced to a new one.

1 Like

Did anyone buy the new charger? Can you post some pics here?

Donā€™t think the new charger is available for sale yet. What I heard from folks who have seen is that is much larger than the existing one. If you placed it under the seat, there would be enough space just to fit a half face helmet.

Currently I keep my studds full face helmet, gloves, a rain jacket, portable charger, cleaning cloth and a GoPro.

8 Likes

There is bump which is increasing on the portable charger below the ather logo which is increasing.
Has anybody faced this issue

1 Like

Not good. If you havenā€™t already, please stop using it immediately and contact Ather for a replacement.

3 Likes

Seems like a malfunction, ask for a replacement.

Thanks
Iā€™m getting the replacement tomorrow.

4 Likes

Mine got burnt just 4 days after the vehicle delivery , got the replacement without any question.

5 Likes

plug it directly and see if itā€™s working

if it is from home it already have protection in the forum of circuit breaker

please check

it should work if the voltage is good

If i plug in portable charger to surge protector without connecting to ather it indicator lights glows green moment I connect it to ather it turn to red.

Due to short length of power cord I canā€™t directly use portable charger directly.

1 Like

k
got it

can you post the pic of that connector please

1 Like