Portable charger

Check this post --> https://forum.atherenergy.com/t/portable-charger/1745/23?u=raghav.srinivasan

How many days after completing the payment ??

Payment done on Friday and picked it up Saturday morning.

@raghav.srinivasan What’s the new price?

Ather should ensure the backward compatibility of the accessories like portable charger especially when the accessories are not so cheap. Until industry has a standard, Ather should ensure at least the compatibility among its vehicles and iterations.

Take Microsoft Surface Pro, a premium product where accessories like Keyboard, Dock, Surface pen are expensive.

Right from Surface Pro 3 (4 years back) until Surface Pro 6, all the accessories are backward and forward compatible which allows the user to upgrade the device and not to invest again on the accessories (unless you want to get better pen or better keyboard).

5 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Home Charging

Hi, My bike makes a lot of noise from fan while charging it. Lately, I’ve noticed that it increased a bit. Have you guys seen any such behaviour? I just have a portable charger with me.

1 Like

Fan noise while charging is a known issue.
Is it possible that you observed the fan noise during night when the surrounding noise is low and the fan noise feels louder?
The next OTA might reduce the fan noise.

1 Like

My portable charging stopped working all of a sudden. The last i used this for charging was on Friday. When i plugged in the charger for charging there was not light on the portable charger. Tried multiple points but still the same. I have raised a request with the team. Has anyone encountered this issue?

2 Likes

Hey @Ather.Team,

Its been long time since the scooter and charger v1.1 released. But, there has been no proper images and specifications of the new scooter and charger. Please release some details about the same, my order is scheduled soon and I need to know all the details regarding the changes in the scooter and the portable charger. How can people trust if you guys work in a silo without open communication… @Shreyas I guess you can help me get the details.

1 Like

Question about the charger: when plugging into a socket without plugging the other end into the scooter, is the LED supposed to glow red or green (assuming no earthing issues)?

1 Like

When it glows green it means there is no power issue… if you are specifically looking for earthing issue there is nothing that’s on portable charger for this… :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

The reason I’m asking is a couple of days back, I had to call RSA because the scooter was not turning on. They tried to “kickstart” it by connecting the charger to a power socket from a nearby shop.

Now what we observed was that when only the 3-pin plug was connected to the wall socket, the LED would glow red. However, after plugging in the other end to the scooter, the LED turned green. So I was wondering if it’s safe to charge in such a scenario.

When you connect the 3 pin plug to socket it performs some check gives you the result in red or green… If its red and you connect it to scooter it shows green stating the circuit is completed… I think they do this to check if the circuit is completely working…

lets take this scenario if you connect the charger to plug it glows red and you connect to scooter the light turns green but it will not charge the scooter… on the dashboard it shows as not charging… :slightly_smiling_face:

When I asked Ather support why GST reduction is not applicable to portable charger they mentioned it is just a cable/wire supplying current/power to vehicle, and hence it is not a charger. I believe its because the AC to DC converter is on vehicle.

I wonder why the charger is so overpriced and bulky then when it doesn’t even contain an AC to DC converter.

6 Likes

Really really interesting question !!! :slight_smile:

@Ather.Team Please make this portable charger as affordable as possible !!!

Mine stopped working just 4 days after the vehicle delivery , I got the replacement without any question .

2 Likes

Thanks for your response. Even I got it replaced to a new one.

1 Like

Did anyone buy the new charger? Can you post some pics here?

Don’t think the new charger is available for sale yet. What I heard from folks who have seen is that is much larger than the existing one. If you placed it under the seat, there would be enough space just to fit a half face helmet.

Currently I keep my studds full face helmet, gloves, a rain jacket, portable charger, cleaning cloth and a GoPro.

8 Likes