Pillion rider foot rest

Is this an official accessory? Can you confirm with the EC? I have asked about the pillion footrest to a service person on Monday and he said there are no updates regarding the footrest from the company side.

3 Likes

You may check with Ather showroom near you.

1 Like

Again, Ather does not provide any official accessories till today, Maybe the dealer has provided you with this, I have bought this aftermarket footrest, and this is not reliable and will break after some abuse. IMO go for the stainless steel rear crashguard.

4 Likes

Coming up with a foldable footrest, Share your feedback.

ezgif.com-gif-maker (1)

10 Likes

footrest modifications( any modifications) will make buyback offer invalid for you …

3 Likes

It’s removable and does not modify in any means, I don’t think Ather can stop anyone from installing it and denying the buyback

@parthdonga does it come on both sides or single side

4 Likes

But is buyback policy still present for scooter invoiced after July 2021 ?

I don’t think so, here is a Referal image it says it ended on 30th April 2021

2 Likes

With those chrome guards, Ather scooter look has gone for a toss !! Now it appears more like a Scooty Pep

8 Likes

It got extended till July 31st.

Are you sure Ather will stick to it? Ather promised the 450 owners that they will have a buyback program to 450 for the owners that want to upgrade to 450x. But then COVID happened and their buyback partner ditched them and Ather told us to sell it in the market which was to my experience didn’t go well.

Ather in their heads

7 Likes

Slightly costly, but just in case of you want to check then:

2 Likes

Nope, it will be just on the left side it will be a foldable aluminum step, and right side it will be a standard stainless steel step or no step. Reason: The aluminum step is available only for the left side of the scooter in the market if you observe it.

1 Like

Agreed since very very few people will buy this accessories they are just"milking the cow", it will be literally 1/2 the cost if manufactured in big scale

5 Likes

Noted, within next 10-15 days we will launch this product We are also changing the design of front guard as many customer are complaining that it spoils the look.

Also, launching soon the black powder coated accessories as well, many customer like black rather then chrome plated.

5 Likes

If you havent drilled a hole and just placed it , then fine

1 Like

Nope it does not drill, check fitting guide Fitting Guide for Ather 450X or 450 Plus Stainless Steel Accessories - YouTube

2 Likes

when is the black coated one coming ? Also the new improved one ?

2 Likes

By Jan 2022 we will launch it. We inform once we launch.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Third party accessories - Compilation