Pillion rider foot rest

How were you able to place pillion holder? Can you share some photos or can you explain little in detail.

2 Likes

What’s the cost of the foot rest?

2 Likes

The Ather ones are not out yet and compatible only with Gen 3 version.

4 Likes

When is it expected to be out ?

Rs.2200/- only but only for gen 3, this is pathetic they have launched footrest but only for gen3, Wow !

4 Likes

Hi People

I just booked 450X 3rd Gen… Just wanted to ask how is the suspension for the pillion rider? I heard its stiff. So Is it comfortable especially for the one who seats one side

2 Likes

Expensive bro, we are looking for only foot rest

3 Likes

Foot rest launch was already delay and plus only for 3rd gen, did not expect this from Ather, sorry to say but they have pathetic ideas on this.

1 Like

I completely agree pathetic idea and business mind. Today I went to showroom and enquired about that after seeing some gen 3 on road, they told it can not be fixed for old vehicle. 0 accessories for old users. Waiting for 3 year to get complete to throw back their bike

1 Like

they chasis of scooter has changed in Gen 3 to take the weight kept on foot rest hence its not possible to be installed on Gen 2 (fot that you will need to cut and make a slot in body)

Guys don’t think just old owners are frustrated

I recently took delivery of an Ather 450x 3rd gen on 10th Nov

I had purchased this for my parents so if my dad and mom needs to use the scooter I wanted to make sure there was a sidestep

On the day of booking at Ather Indiranagar, they said they are not able to order the sidestep and they will send the link later

After a few days, I contacted another customer care and they said they will enquire and get back by the end of that same day but they didn’t

The day before the delivery when they confirmed my time I called up customer care again for the sidestep

They said to contact the Jayanagar showroom as they have stock they even gave me the showroom no

Then I called up Jayanagar showroom and confirmed with them that the step is available and I could take delivery from IBC knowledge park and come directly to Jayanagar showroom to purchase the step and go to the service center to get it fixed

On the 10th after taking delivery from IBC knowledge park I drove all the way to Jayanagar and the people there told me the step is to be directly purchased from the service center and get it fixed from there itself

Then I drove all the way to the service center and the folks there again denied it and said that the step is available only in the showroom and that after purchasing it I should take it to the service center to get it fixed and the manager there told me to contact the showroom itself. by this time i wasted my time on all these things so in my delivery feedback i mentioned this but even then no reply.

Overall I’ve had a really bad experience with Ather

I was ready to buy the scooter only due to the newly added sidestep

And now without the side step, my parents are finding it difficult to use the scooter and due to this all my plans of selling my old scooter is also delayed

It’s too bad that Ather couldn’t even maintain track and supply a simple side step that too in the city of athers origin

2 Likes

Here is my experience: Ask an Ather Owner! - #262 by devikanth

Pillion footrest is out of stock with my dealer, can anyone help me getting aftermarket pillion footrest at Kolkata.

I think Ather is worried only sales and not supporting 450 Gen1 customers. We are keep on requesting the pillion rider foot rest. They completely ignore this and it is biggest design failure. If they want to satisfy customer they can design and deliver, but they are not worried about old customers very simple.

1 Like

Sorry to hear, but you would have made a conscious decision while buying a performance electric scooter which did not have a centre stand or side step to begin with, right?

&@naidu90k

1 Like

Good point bro…But they’re feeling for now, coz Gen 3 users got the sidestep .If Gen 3 users haven’t got the sidestep everyone would have stayed calm. But as Gen 3’s are getting sidestep, old customers have a small inferiority complex in their mind…Maybe,if sidestep was backward compatible with all the models, seriously this would have been the best accessory ever. Maybe if the 450 customers requested for the sidestep,atleast the Gen 2 users would have got the sidestep and would have been followed to the upcoming Generations.Who knows,maybe Tarun is developing something new for 2024 to surprise OG’s :wink:…

Are all brands making products backward compatible.

Just a thought no offence.

I bought a phone and in a month brand came up with a new version of the series and it has 5G and mine doesn’t. I can’t cry I just bought, brand doesn’t inform us i should get 5G. That would be funny

New products are improvements made from lessons learnt from old products.

No one said that take the vehicle for now and in-future if we bring new aesthetics or improvements we will make it compatible.

Just the look remain same doesn’t mean that everything must be compatible. We know that features are not available and made our decision. Now why is the brand made responsible for not giving them backward compatible.

5 Likes

4G mobiles too support 5G now…So there’s no use of buying a 5G phone and the bands which are provided by brands are very rare and many of the bands aren’t compaitable with our frequencies which are launched in India …Why do people still move out there??..There comes a term called‘attraction’…These 5G mobiles as of now are just simply gimmicks which the brands releases…An average 5G mobile has only 8-10 5G low frequency bands out of which hardly 1 or 2 is provided and launched in India…But still,people think 5G would be faster than the 4G…Now brands haven’t made any backward compaitable product, but the network provider has done it.I’m not saying every product must be backward compaitable,only useful and very necessary accessories must be compaitable.This is such an important accessory for Indians due to our heritage culture…You can’t give off the touchscreen for a 5G mobile :joy:…

And lessons made from old products would be suitable for mobiles which are released monthly and not for products which are released two years or once a year…

From they day 1 of buying my Gen1 I keep suggesting or requesting with sales team and service team to implement side stand from Ather it self. They were keep telling we are designing the side stand and it will be provided once it is available. After a long wait it is available and unfortunately it is not designed for Gen1 or Gen2, straight away they designed it for Gen3 after taking so many feedbacks from the Gen1 onwards. We are pilot users who gave all valuable suggestions to improve the vehicle and design. Finally we didn’t get the updates which is really required to us and only Gen3 users are benefitted which is not fair I feel. They are expecting us to upgrade to newer version and where there is no buy back option also for Gen1 users. Is it called the right justification. Now I am coming to your answer Yes I clearly know while buying I don’t have the center stand and ladies foot rest in the Gen1 Ather 450. I asked the sales guys they said we are designing it and it will come as an additional accessory. Is it clearly a wrong promise from Ather sales or not?

1 Like