Pillion rider foot rest

I gave up 1.5 years ago…my 450 is 2 year old.

4 Likes
5 Likes
3 Likes

@power_light2000 any progress?

1 Like

My warranty is still not up, ill usually don’t fiddle till its absolutely necessary still got plenty of range if it drops below 15% ill tear up the pack and see what can up upgraded till that its no use. Is your daily range not enough?

6 Likes

It’s enough but was just curious if anything had been done . It’s actually a good thought not to mess with anything untill warrenty is done.

6 Likes

Is this still available in pune stores? I’m from Mumbai and they’re asking for 2k for this same thing! Do you have a number for the store or any you can help me.

2 Likes

I think it is available with service center in Pune as of today

5 Likes

I have found this on Amazon: Perfect Auto Accessoreis Steel Guard Full Set Suitable for Ather 450X or 450 Plus https://www.amazon.in/dp/B09GBF1VDD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_KGQ7QD6ZWT6B52M8GSXD

Please have a look and see if it can help you!

Thanks, Hardik

4 Likes

Ather has to get the pillion footrest added to their long list of accessories. It’s imperative and I dont consider retro-fitting my vehicle with locally available parts for the fear of warrantly being voided. Please do something :slight_smile:

4 Likes

i want to buy these foot rest adv your ctc no

contact

sudhamani fm chennai

2 Likes

Is the new 450x gen 3 footrest announced backward compactable with the older generation?

1 Like

No not yet but as per media reports they are looking at the possibilities for the same. As the Gen 3 has the foot rest built with chasia that cannot be implemented with Gen 2.

2 Likes

It is not backward compatible. There is a change in the frame of Gen 3 to accommodate that. It cant be installed on Gen 2 and Gen 1.

1 Like

Dropped by the Indiranagar Ather showroom in bangalore today. The person there confirmed that it’s an accessory and should be backward compactable.

The new gen 3 does not come with it by default. Hoping they can fix it for older vehicles that would be really great as it’s my single biggest problem with my 450x.

1 Like

I saw the frame of the new one and the Gen 2. There is difference where it fixed and also in the plastic protection. Anyways, hope what the gentleman at the Indranagar EC said is true. It will be welcomed accessory.

I firmly believe it is not backward compatible

So you cannot

3 Likes

The staff are misinformed. Confirmed with multiple people that the footrest is NOT backward compatible. 450 & Gen2 users are stuck with the crappy aluminum ones that bolt onto the footboard.

3 Likes

I think only Autocar in their review mentioned that Ather is working on it. @tarun will it be possible? We’ve been looking forward to a footrest since over 3 years now. And to see one the best looking ones and being told that we can’t have it. Hurts XP

5 Likes

I have placed the pillion foot rest and pillion holder

3 Likes