Ownership Journey Towards your Ather

@ganeshacharya88

We haven’t gotten clarity on FAME 2 yet. Will update as soon as there’s clear communication on it.

1 Like

@gandharv.bakshi

This is what I like in Ather, you hear our voice, plea ! I am happy to be part of Ather family/community.

3 Likes

Sir, when the installation of point and when can i get my vehicle

1 Like

Yes i agery, the 700 is more please reduce the cost should range between 200-500 per month.

2 Likes

Has the delivery started? Last I heard it was supposed to start in August.

I am not sure what’s happening in the background. No communication whatsoever after they surveyed for charging installation about a month back. I have reached out to them multiple times over phone but all they say is “we will get back to you soon”.

Hey
I have a few queries which I hope are cleared by The Team.
I have booked the 450 and have a delivery date between Aug-Sep!

1. What happens to Rs.5000 paid while pre-booking?
  2. What is the Ather One Plan really? ( Paying Rs.1,24,000 already for a scooter seems far-fetched and another Rs.8000 yearly is rather absurd right?)
    If I opt out off the Ather One Plan will I not get a 24/7 support? And will I charged for data service? What will be the maintenance cost for the parts and the service cost as well?
  3. What is the battery life and also the cost for replacement of it?
  4. There are talks about the upgrades on the scooter… So will I receive those upgrades in the future for free?
  5. What is the topic on the rear brake? Can anyone explain it briefly to me?

P.S. Please do decrease the rate of the scooter(with love).

Thanks

2 Likes

@hjmanjunath, @Saurabh, @anil.m.nayak we are beginning deliveries soon and should give you an update as soon as I have one.

As for AtherOne, as @gandharv.bakshi already communicated, we are working on different options that will be shared soon.

2 Likes
  1. The 5,000 paid at the time of pre-order get adjusted in the final payment amount, hence for the 450, you’ll have to pay 1,19,750 instead of 1,24,750.

2. AtherOne is included in the price for the first year and has multiple services bundled into it. Cost of electricity, spare parts, service labour, data, roadside assistance, etc. But as Gandharv already mentioned, we are working on different plan options, which allow some flexibility to the user depending on what they opt to choose and what they don’t.

3. The battery has a designed life of 50,000 km, at which point it should still retain 70% of the initial capacity. As for the warranty, we provide 3 years/unlimited distance warranty on the battery pack. The cost of replacement is not finalized to the digit yet but should be in the ballpark of 35-40k.
    That said, typically a battery won’t need a replacement for 6-7 years, and the cost of the battery at that point should be lower as the cost of li-ion cells is coming down YoY.

4. As for the upgrades, as mentioned earlier, hardware upgrades will not be available to the users. However, all software enhancements will be carried on all vehicles using OTA updates.

5. The rear brake, on the 450 and 340, is much more powerful as compared to conventional scooters, being a disc type instead of a drum setup.
    While braking, most of the weight moves towards the front wheel, and ideally the braking duties should be handled by the front brake by default. However, the most usual tendency is to apply the rear brake, and not the front one, by scooter users which ends up locking the rear wheel.
    This is something that will take a while to get used to, but within a few hundred kms, riders will get used to using the front brake primarily. The way it should be. For all two-wheelers.

4 Likes

Ather App to connect to your scooter is live on the app store!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks a lot, @Shreyas.
I very much appreciate the work you guys are doing!

2 Likes

I think you can always opt out Ather one subscription. anyway for first year its free. I have an activa and i travel around 50KM every day and my maintenance expenditure after 3 years is higher. Easily 2K per service and 3 services an year. so 6k just for servicing.

Since its a paradigm change from scooters to “Smart scooters” people will have the same feeling like “My 1100 also calls, why would I need Android phone as the phone is also costly and data is also costly”

2 Likes

@Shreyas what about the data plan in case of furure…say after a year I do not choose to go with your AtherOne plans for xyz reason.

1. Who would maintain the data subscription plan?
  2. Is it a complusion that one has to purchase for the digital meter to work and the features advertised?
  3. What about Charing the vehicle at the grid if I do not have a AtherOne plan subscribed?
2 Likes

That’s exactly the reason we are working on different plans that can decouple services from AtherOne.

1. Ather will maintain the data subscription, however, full AtherOne need not be taken by every user.
  2. The features on the dashboard that require data will not work without a data subscription, however, anything that does not require internet connectivity will still work. In case there is no data plan subscribed.
  3. If someone opts out of AtherOne, charging at AtherGrid will become pay-per-use for that user.
3 Likes

The biggest challenge for me is the wait. My Ather 450’s tentative date of delivery is April 2019. I need a scooter urgently. Thinking of buying a Honda and sell it off in April. Hopefully wouldn’t loose much money in the process.

1 Like

You could do that.

Would recommend going for a second-hand one as the depreciation and the upfront cost for a new one will be high for a short duration.

1 Like

@Shreyas thank you for the clarification.
If I am not wrong there would not be any OTA updates either.
1.What about the service charges for a non AtherOne subricber?
2.What are the charges per service and duration of every service?
3.will I still be able to book a slot from the APP for service without the AtherOne plans subrcibed?

1 Like

@Shreyas Any update on the delivery schedule? I got a call from Ather around 15 days back saying that the payment option will be opened within a week the and I can take delivery sometime this month.
So any update will be helpful. Thanks.

1 Like

Deepak: what’s your order id ?

Hi

My order number is 1504. I have already sold my existing scooter. I needed to know what would be delivery date of my vehicle. It says oct 2018 to dec 2018. Can i get a tentative date so i can plan accordingly.

thanks,
Akhil

1 Like