Ownership Journey Towards your Ather

@Shreyas
I think you should atleast consider adding hardware at this point (like ALS, wifi/Bluetooth)
May be once you figured out /made a choice in terms of implementation you can rollout through ota
This will not impact production in anyways

For example: ALS can be used in many different ways… You may want to choose to keep headlight automatic in future (instead of keeping the light on always in the name of gov regulation AHO) with combination of time and simple algorithm

Also just in case in future you realise a need to connect your mobile to the dashboard, not just for call notification, keeping hardware (wifi/bluetooth)handy will be good to have option.
We want Ather to be smart scooter which it already is above will make it smarter

1 Like

This is regarding the Ather One Subscription, I understand this was initiated and offered to customers to be a hassle free process and extremely exiting ownership experience.

I would suggest one add on to this subscription, it will be really helpful if you can add insurance renewal to this package so that Ather owners do not have to remember renewing insurance by themselves. A nominal increase in the Ather One subscription can be done to accommodate this.

1 Like

Hold on…now I am confused…when you say some features are not going to be available at the time of delivery will be an upgrade that would be done post delivery?

I pre-ordered Ather 450 and my Ather Dashboard says the Delivery estimate is Oct 18 - Dec 18. I am from Andhra Pradesh, but I just gave my cousin’s address during pre-ordering.

I just want to bring my Ather 450 to Andhra Pradesh and use it here. I am also ready to sacrifice the government subsidy if my non-Karnataka residence status comes in the way.

I’ve been waiting for this vehicle for over an year. I don’t consider Ather Vehicles as yet another material possession like a new iPhone or a new cool gadget - for me electric vehicles are a testament to the fact that technology has no right to mess with the environment and the millions of species of living forms inhabiting it.

I request Ather Team to guide me on this scenario. Thank you!

3 Likes

@bcdevineni - I don’t think you can drive peacefully in AP. Ather has started to deliver only in Bengaluru (not even other cities in Karnataka) as their support process is limited to serviceable areas. The charging box is also installed only in Bengaluru. So, even if you happen to take your bike to AP, how do you plan to charge it daily and drive it ?
Additionally, regular services/issue fixes are done at your doorstep and they don’t have any service center for you to drive in. All these things would mean that this bike can’t be driven outside of Bengaluru, as yet. They might come up with new cities in the future, but for now, their area of operations is only limited to Bengaluru.

BTW, i salute your conscience about the environment. We should all take necessary steps to stop abusing our planet.

Regards,
Raghu.

1 Like

Would like to advise you to refrain taking delivery until few batches were rules out
As we still don’t know practical problem if any, with the vehicle yet. So wait for sometime once we have real world feedback on service required you may want to take a call
I strongly believe you should be able to comfortably drive and maintain anywhere

1 Like

Thank you, Raghu. Regarding the charging issue, I think Ather is also providing a charging cable, which can be plugged in to a standard 6 Amps socket. I have read that this cable comes as a standard with the Ather 350.

As a backup plan, if I can’t bring the Ather 450 to Andhra Pradesh, I will consider buying the Okinawa Praise Lithium Ion version, which is due for launch sometime in September 2018.

For city commute, I will never go back to ICE vehicles again. For outstation trips, I still have to depend on ICE vehicles for now.

Regards,
Bhargava.

2 Likes

Thank you, Abhishek. I agree with you and I feel the same way, too.

I sold my bike last November in anticipation of EV two-wheeler explosion in 2018 :slight_smile: Thankfully my office is not far so I tend to cycle or take a cab when I am feeling lazy, but yeah I do get it. Neither Okinawa, Tork, 22-motors or Hero AXLHE delivered. They all came in auto-expo in Feb and vanished somewhere. Ather is atleast far ahead in this respect.

2 Likes

@Abhishek, Yes you can.

1 Like

As for the added hardware, there’s a lot of integration and some redesign that has to be done. It isn’t possible to add them in the production vehicles without delaying production for a few months.
Also, all the features discussed here are still in consideration and no call has been taken on them yet. It would not be a good idea to stall production on the current batch of vehicles to add those features.

1 Like

@kushalkumar we had considered the same, however there are some logistical challenges around this and hence had to exclude it from Ather One

I am facing something similar, I am changing 2 buses and a metro to get to work, takes about 2.5 hours each way. I’m hoping that I get my 450 as soon as possible.

1 Like

Have the deliveries started yet? I was told mid of August.

Last Saturday have taken test ride (again)
Had the same question and I was advised that last week of August they are planning few

They have completed assessment for charge port for few customers.

Am waiting for the same

2 Likes

Hi Team,
They have completed assessment for charging port , and after discussing with my apartment association ,I need to plan it to a different location (which is 7mts away from the original plan) . Is this possible to accommodate this change while installing the port ? (i am willing to pay for any extra charge for the cable cost)

1 Like

@shruthiramesh5

I guess the team already got back to you on email for this. :slight_smile:

Hi, Test drive is superb for me and I am expecting delivery ASAP and reduce waiting time also… increase production level very fast.

I have concerns about mobile charging and I expected we should have MP3 facility also in smart scooty… Thanks!!

1 Like

Pricing: I understand Ather being startup company and scooter being designed from scratch, the price of the scooter is not cheap. It is for sure, not a common man’s scooter. Only who are passionate, who are green can think of it. This is the first part. The second part is Ather One Membership. I feel this membership is expensive. What is Ather One? Charging + Maintanance+ Data Service + Roadside Assistance as claimed in the web.

1. Charging: If I am riding 500Km per month, then I need to charge 7 times approx. If I take Rs 6 per charge (3 units), that will work out to Rs 126/-.

2. Data: For Ather data speed of 2G is sufficient. That would approx cost less than 100Rs.

If one argues on this saying, the owner will have connected with Map, driving profile etc, then it should be made as optional. For a person like me who commute on the same road almost 300+ days, I do not need the connected world.

1. Maintenance: For any new vehicle I do not expect any maintenance for the first 5 years at least. And in an Electric vehicle, wear and tear are very less.

2. Roadside Assistance: Same as point no. 3. For a vehicle is brand new and tested, why should I opt assistance?

Considering all these Ather One memberships should be an option and should not be enforced. This will surely shoo away some from owning it. And if it is offered as an option and tiered, I am sure Ather could attract even more customers.

I am posting this as a constructive comment and I expect all to take it in a positive note.

10 Likes

Sir, when can I get the vehicle