Ownership Experience

@Ather.Team Ride statistics not syncing from 14 July onwards, is there any TAT as to when issue will be sorted.

2 Likes

I thought it was only mešŸ˜‚
@Ather.Team any fix?

1 Like

One of my Answer is ā€œNOT FOR SALEā€ or Google itā€¦

But its fun when listener say its pricey . I am like compare to what ? than the person ponder around and say some petrol vehicle than i have to give him a SMILE and zoooooom

4 Likes

Screen gets hanged and auto restarted thrice in 10 days. Twice went off while riding Ather. It didnā€™t stop the motor, luckily.

But didnā€™t understand why it happens so frequently?

10 Days riding experience is awesome ( ignoring the noise, app and ride statistics issues).

1 Like

@Ather.Team, @Shreyas I took my Ather 450 delivery 10 days ago. Itā€™s been a pleasure to ride it, except for the belt noise. The belt noise is pretty high and I was told that itā€™ll reduce at the end of a few hundred kms. Iā€™ve driven about 250 kms now, and I still donā€™t see a difference. I just wanted to understand a few things about this.

• What causes the grinding noise in the belt?
  • Is it friction with other parts of the vehicle?
  • Howā€™ll riding the bike for a few hundred kms reduce the noise?
  • And what does it do to the belt and the parts that work with it?
  • Are there any best riding practices to ensure that thereā€™s not much wear and tear on the belt while it is setting in?
5 Likes

My stats havenā€™t synched since July 4th

To inspire (?) new comers once againā€¦

27 Likes

Ather bringing R mode in December 2019 with 100 km range :slight_smile:

4 Likes

it is already there in all flights

only way to activate is to give flight to Rajesh :grinning:

13 Likes

I wonder what those stats will convert to in their new ā€œEco Modeā€. :thinking:
If ather had used you for their data collection devices, before launch. Iā€™m sure they wouldnā€™t have found the need to introduce the concept of ā€œTrue Rangeā€ :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

As an user/owner, I can help you to answer, however these may not be authentic.

May be new belt rubbed against pulleys. It is resonance of various things which gives this noise.

Guess both it is friction as well as resonance.

When the friction gets reduced, grinding noise will go. For me, it lasted for about 500~700km.

I did not get your question right.

Simple answer is - there is nothing that you need to take care and zero maintenance. If you ride during rain/muddy water just give a slight water wash in and around belt to clean the sand. This is not a must but it will soothe your ears. Easily this belt last long more than 10K+ range.

3 Likes

@rajeshkav I see trip A does not have last reset date. Was it reset by you?
it happened to me few days ago, did not reset trip A but it reset to 0

Holy! Am not getting even 85 in Ride mode :thinking:
You have that in Sport Mode :sunglasses:

Though its still 500km young gaadi.
Letā€™s see it gets better as we progress. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Unfortunately Trip A resets every 1000Kms to 0 (zero). So, I have clocked 1580.8Km from the last OTA update. Generally I use Trip B only for my usage.

2 Likes

Good luckā€¦ But for me, I did not progress over the period of time. I could get this range from initial days and still continue to maintain this record now too.

Having said that, for sure one can improve his/her riding style on efficiency. Thats why these parameters are given to all of us. Lets improve :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks @rajeshkav! I just wanted to ask Ather the technical reason behind this noise.

May be new belt rubbed against pulleys. It is resonance of various things which gives this noise.

Iā€™m unable to visualize what the belt is rubbing against. The belt is surrounding the pulley and it just rotates with it. Iā€™m also unable to understand how riding for a few hundred kms reduces the noise. Does it grind the belt enough that the belt sits properly against the pulley or does it expand the belt etc? I just wanted to understand the changes that the belt undergoes that makes the noise go away.

2 Likes

One quick question to the experts:
Does the prediction on the app depends on ride statistics or not?

Because, I am shutting down most of the time. But, my odometer gets updated in the app. Does it also update the range prediction?

Yes. Predicted range uses your ride stats.

Cheat tip : if you decide to go crazy with the throttle and donā€™t want to ruin your predicted range, shutdown the bike after that ride :wink:

8 Likes

I have a game in PS2 - Mid Night Club 3.

Just recalled when I saw Cheat tip that when given full throttle at 50-70kmph in sport mode, I could hear some sound like resonance. That sounds just like when we get to use the boost in that game.

Riding my Nimbus 450 is just like a game, but itā€™s real!

Note: It must be completely silent (midnight) to get that faint resonance sound.
:motor_scooter:->:red_car:+:ear:

2 Likes

You mean to say that you can really go 115kms in ride mode or 85 kms in sport mode?