Ownership Experience

I did 60+ in Chennai and got body pain on Saturday. I don’t really clock so many miles in a single day on a two wheeler. Car is way more comfortable to do longer drives.

2 Likes

Hi All Just got the delivery last week…wanted to know the approx mileage for dual ride as am getting only 46km under sports mode at a speed of 30 to 35kmph…is it normal after the first charge or will it change after few more charges…I normally dont increase my speed more than 45…plz confirm

I ride daily 48 km, out of which 24 km is with a pillion, on a full charge after riding 48 km I am still left with 17 to 20 km approx, which is 65 km range roughly , the mode is sports but even in ride mode I get same range. Regarding the speed mostly it will be around 30 to 60 KMPH as I don’t get free roads. I have shared my ride statistics for yesterday and end of the day I was left with 17 Km.

1 Like

Hey , Ur efficiency is way to high, i suppose u accelerate like ICE bikes. My efficiency is 28-29 and projected range is 90-92.I suggest u to switch on real time efficiency which is there in the settings. By this you would know the load u r giving to the motor while accelerating. I hope this helps you to get good efficiency and projected range.

2 Likes

I am yet to see a day below 35Wh per ride. usually it is in the 40s. Riding constant speed at 30-35 has given me 34Wh in ideal driving

1 Like

If you riding single… Check tyre air pressure and drive mechanism…

1 Like

Everything is fine. except the route. Let me explain… the scooter travels only during the office timings from whitefield to Bellandur and back which involves significant high accelerations and stops. So my route is a big big problem for which i blame my own life choices.
Also, on the weekends when the one chance i get to ride free is when i let loose and sacrifice the efficiency. So no thanks for that Bengaluru traffic

Hi Guys Do we need follow 50 to 80% battery charge rule to prolong battery life ? Or isn’t ather 450 actually has 3.2 kWh battery which is limited to 2.7 kWh for improving battery life ?

1 Like

Ather 450 original capacity is 2.7 kwh but capped to 2.4 kwh.

Keeping battery state between 30-80 prolongs battery life. But practically its not easy to stop at 80

1 Like

Easy to remember, 20-80 rule…

yes, it is not easy to stop at 80% unless Ather does something and gives user control from the app. (as you might know Hyundai Kona has this option). Alternatively we can have a timer switch (Hardware switch) in the front, so that we can stop charging at around 80~90%.

By the way, I use hardware switch to stop charging at 80% for mobile phone.

4 Likes

Do you use IFTT to control from your mobile?

I think he’s doing that to stop charging his mobile at 80%

2 Likes

No Raghav, I use simple count down timer based switch as my mobile phone tells me the time to reach 80%.

1 Like

DtTlL_9UUAEGFwV

4 Likes

A comparison chart on depth of discharge…

For more reading,

https://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

2 Likes

Can you explain this in a simpler way ?

Shreyas is replying. Just wait for it :wink:

4 Likes

This specific graph is not very accurate, and it also does not factor in the total energy stored and released. The overall, trend however, is true that 100% vs 80% cycling can improve the battery life dramatically.

For instance, in this graph at 10% DoD, with 6,000 cycles, you will only be able to get 600 full cycles worth of energy out.

So if the 100% DoD gives 300 full cycles, the 10% DoD is only giving 600 cycles. Only two times at 100%. Even for 80% DoD, you are essentially getting 320 cycles out.

Usually, there is a sharp improvement for going from 100% to 90%, and henceforth, the improvement is very marginal. The primary reason why we cap the battery DoD to 90% :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Agree Shreyas, intention is to get a ROM and how it benefits to prolong the life span of battery by going reducing DoD.

Of course, there are many other factors which will prolong the life span of battery such as Charge level of cell, Temperature etc.

1 Like

Guys What about clunk(something like metal clanking)Noise which comes from front suspension when going over broken roads potholes ? Has anyone managed to get this resolved from ather service ?