Ownership Experience

Same here mom found it very difficult during test drive.

Ather team any chance of considering this as an optional fitting or as @anegondi4 put it an essential accessary.

2 Likes

10 Likes

Iā€™ve ordered anti-skid strips from aliexpress for the same purpose. I found the floorboard on occasion slippery

3 Likes

Has any of the existing owners given the 450 for a wash yet?

1 Like

Hi Sunil,

I have seen this image in twitter but donā€™t know who has washed it.

3 Likes

done myself twice now

3 Likes

I think Ather scooter with itā€™s plain white would be a great platform for artistic vinyl graphics.

2 Likes

i feel the scooter is very comparable in dynamics to a bike. Smooth as a bmw. Opinions anyone?

1 Like

Absolutely! its no nimble and easy to drive around, and yet you know you can surprise the two wheelers running along at any moment :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I am yet to get mine. Then have to ride for a while. Meanwhile I donā€™t have BMW kind a experience. Maybe I can put up the comparison the riding with my old scooty.

2 Likes

There were reports of people getting around 40kms of range earlier on. Is that issue resolved? Was that issue only for that batch of vehicles or did Ather make any change to the algorithm?

1 Like

I have issues with range, I am getting around 57 to 60 in eco mode and I am not an aggressive rider, I have highlighted my concern to Ather team.

I did have this issue (40km Range) with my 450. Based on some comments and knowledge in this form, and changing to a sedate driving style, iā€™m able to see 60kms (Eco), 50kms (Power) range as on today. However, its not fun anymore as it used to be earlier.
First of all, i think the Ather team assumed that every buyer would know how to delicately drive an EV, secondly they didnā€™t offer any riding/driving tips, and now they take ages to respond to customerā€™s concerns/issues. During my first few days of ownership i was proud i made a good decision to buy this new age bike. But, iā€™m rueing my decision now.

@tarun It was nice meeting you during the delivery, but i didnā€™t expect that i would need to tag you to get attention or my issues sorted.

Regards,
Raghu

4 Likes

Took delivery on 9th Feb, so far the estimated range in normal mode is very comparable for the range I am getting.
The range seem to be consistent either riding with two full size adults over the weekend or on ORR traffic in the last couple of days.
Ordering, Delivery experience has been top notch.
Regards

3 Likes

If you are measuring range by what the dashboard shows you then you might not be correct with the numbers, but if that is not the case and you are actually considering the distance covered on road shown by the odometer or google maps then it is a matter of concern.
As in my case even though the estimated range on the dashboard the first couple of days showed as 60 kms on a full charge I was back home after covering about 34 kms with about 53% battery charge remaining(as displayed on the app). This is on normal mode. I have not tried ECO mode yet.

2 Likes

hmmā€¦ this is concerning mateā€¦ is range the only issue? or are they any more?

Looong wait is seemingly coming to a closeā€¦

Keenly looking forward to :

1. Assessment & installation of the point at home
  2. Delivery of the A450ā€¦ have not been through this excitement in years now

There was a period of concern seeing the discussions regarding the distance per chargeā€¦ will i reach home in one full charge !!?
Why: Because my daily office round trips are to Eco World from RRNagar amounting to about 55Kms.
But thanks to the list of people putting & pushing their vehicles to the limits and also reporting it out here did help me in NOT pulling back from this decission to become one of the Owners.
i believe that my route is one of the worst routes i need to go thru :
(i) RRNagar-PES-Hosakerehalli-BSK-Jayanagar-Jayadeva-Udupigarden-Silkboard-HSR-AgaraLake-Iblur-Marathalli ORR-EcoWorld
(ii)RRNagar-Uttarahalli-JPNagar(inner ring road)-Bannerghatta Rd-BTM Lake road-AxaBuilding-Silkboard-HSR-AgaraLake-Iblur-Marathalli ORR-EcoWorld
(iii)RRN-MysRoad-Nayandanahalli-BapujiNagar-SirsiCircle flyover-Townhall-MissionRoad-Langford road-Elgin mill-Hosur road-Koramangala-AgaraLake-Iblur-Marathalli ORR-EcoWorld

One concern i would request @Ather.Team to address is installation of charging points at Eco World.
The nearest one today is seemingly PlayArena which is about 7kms from EcoWorld.

i am also exploring to secure 5A points from the office side to promote EV culture too and that would enable me to think of carrying the Ather charger additionally onboard for myself.

Will report out on the actual coverage i get on my route once i get my hands on MY A450ā€¦ i am sure i will not be able to fly like @Abhishek on my route :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I believe it has to do with the way the vehicle calculates the range with multiple factors. Your driving history + the average driving history of aggregate drivers etcā€¦ it is not a true vehicle range and ather acknowledges itā€¦

I am told that ather is going to push OTA which would change two things

1. The way the range is calculated and displayed every time you start the vehicle.

2. The Eco Mode would be now called Drive and the Normal Mode would be called Sports.

These updates would take couple of weeks as this change requires certain government approvals to apply to vehicles already on road even if itā€™s OTA.

1 Like

Hi Ganesh, Good to read your comments. I too had charging concern in my tech park located at RR NAGAR. i just checked with work place solution requesting if i use power socket and they informed already EV Mahindra Reva cars are being charged in parking slot and happy to know that before owning the vehicle.

So just check with your company work place if there no restriction to charge in parking slot.

I hope, You should get a positive response.

2 Likes

One more weird thing I noticed and was shocked, Friday night the estimated range left was 30, I did not use the vehicle on Saturday and Sunday. Monday morning when I switched on the vehicle range left was 15 km only. Such a huge drop within 2 days. I am not sure what is wrong and from the day I received the vehicle I never seen the range more than 60 in eco mode. The battery pack might be defective I guess.

2 Likes