Ownership Experience

it is actually drive train (remember pulley with drive belts to increase torque at Wheel)
Somehow it is matching resonance of the battery compartment in the floor board which u can feel when u place ur feet (if bare feet it is obvious)

i think some kind of insulation should solve the issue but again
Ather is the best to answer/find the solution

3 Likes

@Abhishek How many mandatory service are required in the first/second/third etc years as adviced by ather for the scooter?
For my petrol scooter, i remember i had to take it for service every 1-3 months for the first few months and ended up paying rs.500-1000 for each visit

2 Likes

3k KM / 6 months

anyways for the first year this will be taken care completely by Ather including Roadside assistance when requiredā€¦

1 Like

3k km, is this a joke. What exactly are they going to service apart from washing and may be filling air to tires. There is no oil change or air filter, No drum brake nut adjustment required.

At best they will inspect the drive belt, FYI the drive belt in honda activa needs to be replaced at every 24000km and inspected at 9000km, this is as per the factory service manual.

3 Likes

it shouldnā€™t be a joke if it has Chinese parts :slight_smile:

On a more serious note I think it will give them enough data to check the wear and tear

2 Likes

yup! like its a serious toy that runs on battery but doesnt have a remote! :wink:

1 Like

decent enough to have safe ride

9 Likes

It could have been nice if head light is attached to handle. We can find things early.

Can the headlight throw be adjusted?

1 Like

Thanks for the post Abhishekā€¦ Doesnā€™t seem vary enough even when you toggle between high/low?

The standard ones change the focus with toggle. I found this to be not doing so.

1 Like

sorry for bad quality of video - have shot on my mobile which is not great for video recording

visibility is very good

u will realise when u see in person

2 Likes

mechanically yes (Ather service team can help u if u have any issues)

otherwise there is not control electronically

1 Like

Iā€™ll upload another video tomorrow which is much better

battery low on mobile now :blush:

time for bed

1 Like

here is the better one my phone can manage

there are 3 main focus areas for light if u observe closely - there are 3 ledā€™s - 1st on top 2 and 3 bottom (left and right)
when u r in low beam top one wont be there - but both ledā€™s (lowbeam) are constant - u cannot turn them off

note: also this video was made for different purpose

was testing google maps (not Ather) to determine how it would behave and learn new route - in off road situation like thisā€¦

so please bear with the wind noise :wink: :wind_face:

7 Likes

Much better - your camera skills will improve as you keep yourself busy with updates here :wink:

3 Likes

Hey Abhishek,

Great updates on your rides. Looks like camera is being an irritant for your shoots. I have a GoPro to spare for 2-3 days if you want to use one? Also safer :slight_smile: No hand-held riding.

17 Likes

thanks for that @Shreyas

i think i should buy 1 for my-self

personally i like dji osmo pocket - but with that price tag - may be not now

can u and all my amazing friends on forum help me suggesting 1 for me which i can afford

3 Likes

@Abhishek I have a SJCAM SJ6 Legend. It seems to be pretty neat and available for around 7K in banggood.com . You can get the same in olx as well. I picked up a used one. If cost and urgency is a factor then please go for it else if you are willing to wait till you accumulate enough then please go for a GoPro.

2 Likes

True, after couple of test rides, I can say the same.

My mom is 4.10 and I need to look for a small stool or elevation to get into pillion seat.

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Accessories