Ownership Experience

Upendra410 I think its fair to get it checked from Ather service guys… I did see somewhere in the forum that if the vehicle is stationary for the duration you mentioned then there would be some loss of charge. I guess there is a feature to completely turn the vehicle off so that this loss is minimal. I will leave it to other owners to comment… @mprags @Abhishek @samitbanerji @anegondi4 @mrraghavendra @sandeepnvp

1 Like

there is shutdown option in settings menu (i never used it though)

when bike is new - loss was more but these days - it is minimal - but is good choice to shutdown if u know u r not using for a while

also temp of parking area and battery status will play big role

:airplane:

u can check with servicing team if it is too bad (my request please see battery % on app and not range until we perfect the predicted range)

Ak

4 Likes

Ather is learning fast to analyze my driving style and accordingly updating the estimated range. Now it stands at 92 km with full charge. The estimates are encouraging as it is in line with the mileage I get from my ICE vehicles.
I have used shutdown option recently and the discharge was less than 0.5% per day.

7 Likes

What was the range earlier and how much imrovement you have seen, any change in riding pattern by you.

1 Like

@anegondi4 your 450 gets a biiiiiiggg thumps up!! :smiley:

I have this issue too and have reported it about a week back. No response on this till now.

1 Like

Yup I agree @mprags @upendra410 @mrraghavendra . “Communication” is @Ather.Team 's achilles heel. I am not quite sure why is it so difficult but they always fall short of our expectations in this department. I agree you cannot keep everyone happy but whats wrong in at least stating "… Sure we are looking in to it … " or “… please do give us sometime and one of us will reach you…” . After-all they all are a part of this forum (I guess)

5 Likes

@Ather.Team
This option to handle discharge while stationary should be default in idle times.When vehicle is stationary we should be selecting any options that will add user complexity. Technical users can understand this , when it reaches niche users they don’t truly get this and this need lot of training to use the vehicle.

Hi @mprags,

If time permits, make a full charge and ride untill complete battery drain out to know the exact range being covered in your vehicle so that you may conclude its battery problem or range prediction algorithm problem in your vehicle.
But make sure turn on incognito mode to send feedback to ather.
(one of our ather owner has proven getting 99 km in one fully charge and gives more than expected true range)

4 Likes

Range started from 75km full charge at the time of delivery. Then to 82, 87, 89 and now 92

6 Likes

Thats amazing Bro.

How is the traffic and your average speed for getting that much range.

1 Like

installation done today. Only registration is pending.

5 Likes

Its so elegant… Just falling in love every time I see that.

1 Like

where is the MCB switch

1 Like

I told them to install it inside the home

2 Likes

Hey Raghu,

As @anil.m.nayak mentioned there are a few changes being made to the range prediction algorithm.

I will go into more detail on this closer to the release of the update.

Also, what @samitbanerji has posted is correct.

The predicted range on the dashboard is not representative of the range that you’d have gotten on your last ride. The way to measure the range on your current charge cycle is through the odometer. How @Abhishek has been doing for the past couple of days. I would agree that this is not the best way to measure range or predict it either today. Hence we are making two changes:

1. Flatlining the range to a median value, instead of individual value for each user.
  2. Adding a manual trip meter to measure range/distance. To make it more convenient for the user. (Might come in a later update)

Along with that we will also be adding a few more features that will help you get more information on your riding, energy consumption, efficiency, etc.

Over time, as we learn more we will be able to take into account more variables and develop more robust algorithms that help predict range more accurately.

Can’t go into too much detail on that as a lot of it is still under development.

Regards, Shreyas

6 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Idle Discharge while parked

How well does the connectivity work when parked in the basement of apartment buildings? My main need is to check the battery charge level before heading out.

2 Likes

You don’t need to be connected to read the odo and estimation when parked.

I highly doubt if the BMS does any instant/live learning from the riding pattern to give estimates. My guess is local computation with a set of data to begin with and over the time it learns from data but is it LIVE? I doubt.

1 Like