Ownership Experience

I haven’t got mine either. But I really don’t want to turn it here and there and fix the angles to get a proper view. We all should talk to the team to get it fixed. It shouldn’t be a temporary solution.

I think it’s just a little about getting used to it. In my previous scooter, Honda Dio, I could see a wide area behind me, but I did have a blind spot when someone would try and overtake me and I wouldn’t know unless they’re too close.

In the 450, I can see this area of blind spot clearly. In fact, that’s where the mirror is pointed, sacrificing my view of vehicles behind me. If those vehicles want to overtake, they will come into view before they overtake and I’ll know.

Yet, I do wish the mirrors were wider or had a better view behind.

3 Likes

How many days or kms are required for that belt noise to subside ? And it feels like when accelerating hard there is minor hesitation. Will both problems new resolved after vehicle has run more km ? Current odo reading is 22km. Or something is wrong with my vehicle ?

I’m coming from a Vespa which already has bad rear view mirrors. Will be very interesting to see how I will get adjusted to the Ather mirrors. Honestly I shouldn’t have any issues. As I have already lived with the Vespa :joy: But yeah there is always room for improvement. Probably all the small issues will be fixed in the upcoming models.

2 Likes

Even I hear that noise, when you acceleration hard looks like something is causing resistance for seconds and then it is fine, let’s wait for around 500 Kms and then reach out to Ather support if problem persist

You’ll get used to it. I had a vespa too and the worst thing was the floppy rear view mirror. The moment you hit a bump, it gets loose and starts wildly rotating.

No such issues with the Ather. It’s very sturdy and behaves as you want it to. The problem is figuring out how to orient in a 3D space with only 2 axes of movement.

Thank god it isn’t so bad :smiley: I always keep a spanner in my scooter. Whenever it starts wildly rotating I just stop and fix it. Finally getting rid of the issue after 6 years :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yeah same likewise.

Haha same. Had a spanner for 3 years.

2 Likes

After 4 days of continuous usage for about 50 kms on each day… I have no major issues with the bike. Ride has been quite enjoyable. I have manged to get the mirrors setup properly. Left mirror would not budge and it took me some time but managed it. The arm angle is key I guess :slight_smile: Getting a predicted range of about 84kms which is great.

Only issue I observed which concerned me was the drive belt. It was on the outer edge for first day and then when I saw it yesterday, it has moved to the inner edge of the hub. Hope this is fine… have any of you observed this ?

1 Like

That’s normal

1 Like

Saw 2 Ather’s in HBR Layout.

Our fleet is growing exponentially…

1 Like

After 2 months of ownership I finally spotted an ather on sarjapur road.
On the issue of mirror I have today found the perfect position for mirror. One observation I have if that if I was slightly bulky or use a jacket or raincoat the rear view gets covered. I guess they made the mirrors keeping a slim guy in mind. Ideal rider profile 65kg 5ft 7
Just my thought.

1 Like

Strange behaviour with battery, last night after 8 hours also there was no discharge of battery percentage, however today in just 6 hours there was more discharge and range reduced by 3 km, also got only 49 Km range over all compared to previous day’s where I was getting over 55 km in ride mode, need to get the vehicle checked once

Is Ather having DRL daytime running lights?
That would consume more battery.:thinking:
owners let me know

Yes it has DRL and also the head light is always on on low beam

1 Like

I have the same issue. I think this was after the last update.

I too have same observation in Off/Shut down condition at higher charge state of the battery where I see high drain. I have logged the complaint and it is under attention. If possible, try to keep a log of your observation which might help Ather to debug faster.

This image is forwarded by my friend who isn’t active on this forum. But it happened 2-3 days ago on a brand new bike. Happened just after delivery. I guess there are some serious issues with the mirrors.

Please ask your friend to call support. They’ll come home and change the glass.

Let’s not go by anecdotal evidence and classify issues. I have not seen anyone else complain about a cracked mirror - most are about the angle, height and one or two instances of a loose ball joint.

4 Likes