Ownership Experience

Yes… these are non painted parts like the grabrail, swigarm, alloys etc.

Yeah I too spoke with him… I am yet to decide whether to go or not. Because this is expensive and we did not budget this :slight_smile:

1 Like

The Real NAVIGATOR :heavy_heart_exclamation:

9 Likes

I am getting rattling noise from Ather body on patchy and bad roads, is anyone facing this?

1 Like

May be some screws are lose… If you can identify which parts are causing, you may call customer support…

Unable to locate it, mostly front portion is noisy on pot holes and patchy roads, also when I lift the bike after removing side stand for riding, some noise I can hear, creaking kind

2 Likes

You can check at Wow cars - Bala for a quote he does an excellent job 9945933339

never heard such nose from front

but rattling noise generally is from saree guard, it will easily become loose and make some noise

just check

1 Like

Let me observe for some more days then I will call Ather support

Thank you, I spoke with him.

He does only 3M or Avery PPF but not Xpel. He advised against PPF as it turns dull white / yellow after some time because of White colour… Also, he told since Ather’s body is alumnium not steel, the outer paint glossy coating will be affected because of PPF (application and removal). So he was asking to go for Ceramic coating. I am not sure about that.

Regarding cost, I am surprised XPEL from other vendor costs around 17k but 3M costs 4.5k and Avery costs 3k. Ceramic coating (Brand Sonax Profelene) costs 3.5. Difference is too huge. :frowning:

More confused now…

2 Likes

Ather’s body panels are made of painted plastic material and not Aluminium. Only the chassis is made of aluminium which is irrelevant here.
3M PPF does turn yellow…don’t get that.

1 Like

Thank you for clarifying… Still surprised about the difference in cost

11 Likes

Ather, the heavy duty EV

2 Likes

The mirror position looks so bad IMO. We need to ask ather to do something about it.

Mirrors are for safety first…if it doesn’t look good in any position, that is secondary

@Abhishek has found a mirror position that suits him, that suits his height and his not-so-usual sitting position. I’ve found a suitable mirror position which is very traditional and still I’ve got no complaints with the view (the tapered ends reduce the area of view a bit but still nothing that creates blind spots)
In fact I’ve not seen any other scooter mirror that covers such a big area that can suit different people (because both the mirror stalk and the mirror rotates 360 degrees).
I’ll be honest, the adjustment that was made for me at the Ather experience centre during delivery wasn’t great although it looked good to start with. But on Day 2, I spent some time to understand how the mirror stalk and the mirror moves. then I could find a good position. I have actually found one single mirror position that works for both my wife at 5’ tall and me at 5’7" tall.

One thing I found out was that I was trying to keep both the mirrors symmetrical which wasn’t working as I could see only my shoulder in the left mirror. but a little adjustment proved that I get a good view when the mirrors are asymmetrical. I’ll try to post some pictures today evening

7 Likes

Anyone in the forum made modification to the existing seat, any direct fir seat covers available or someone bought it?

1 Like

I know that mirrors are there for safety and not for style. The mirror placement might be a small design flaw. If they can push it a few centimeters here and there, it can fix the issue.

3 Likes

There is a small glitch in the mirror design. Today I was driving down the Mysore road (very busy Highway) and almost got into a trouble. I couldn’t see the truck behind me that was continuously honking at me. I have tried adjusting the mirror N number of times but still rear view is not good.

True, so many ppl cannot be wrong… I have not got my vehicle yet… During test ride, I surely felt the coverage is less than conventional one in my Wego.