Ownership Experience

In my case, I saw my ride history, added all distances from the trips after April 1.
I subtracted this number from the current ODO reading and I got the odo till march 31

1 Like

How can I help you! you are already good in range per charge. Anyway, my observations are as follows for long/better range

1. Do NOT ‘hard’ accelerate (watch out for Red aura and avoid)
  2. Do NOT speed more than 40-45kmph.
  3. Maintain constant speed as much as possible.
  4. Use Regen as much as possible for braking.
  5. Watch out your energy consumption (post ride) in app. Keep that to minimal. 24Wh/km will fetch you mileage of 100km.
  6. Shutdown the system - if you know, vehicle is going to be idle for more than 3-4 hrs, this will reduce unnecessary discharge. Turning on again hardly requires a minute. So, Save Energy!
  7. Use low beam only (high beam will light 2 more LEDs)
  8. Watch out and maintain the tyre pressure, at least once a month.

In my experience, SPORT or RIDE Mode does not matter much. For me, the difference between these two modes are just 3 to 5km (in app) in predicted range.

Fan - I do not think it affects the power consumption much. It turns on only when the motor/pcb board attains certain temperature AND when the speed is above 15kmph.

Hope these pointers helps.

10 Likes

Well, my consumption is something like below :

I have consumed 40.62 units for 1175km (this is based on the reimbursement). That equates to 86.78 km per charge (I ride mostly in Ride mode)

My predicted range is much higher, say above 95+. However I guess I lose some numbers as I charge once in 2 days.

4 Likes

Point #2 …riding at 40-45kmph …I feel that’s the most unrecognized but useful tip for the group… Because if you are in that speed the moment you leave the accelerator you enter with in 40 and then you can use Regen in the most effective way… :v:

2 Likes

I time my regen so that I avoid braking for speed breakers, but even then the jerk is not that comfortable as I hit the breaker at about 15-20kmph. Would love for regen to cut-off around 10kmph.

3 Likes

40-45 kmph, is the best to achieve maximum range. With 1 to 8 pointers , one should easily get 24 Wh/km.

I drive at 60-65 Kmph at times, this pulls down to 26 Wh/km.

1 Like

I have some issues with the red ‘halo’ or ‘aura’. It’s not clear what avoiding the red aura would do. For instance, I can think of two scenarios:

1. When you’re in sport mode, avoiding the red halo means you’re riding good according to Sport mode? Or does it mean you’re riding with the same efficiency as ride mode?

2. In ride mode, if you’re avoiding the red aura, does that mean you’re riding similar to the upcoming eco mode?

I get nervous when I’m going on long journeys due to uncertainity of what it indicates. Also, since it’s based on the last 10 seconds of data, is it misrepresenting when moving from traffic signals? Considering that when you’re at the signal, you’re not moving, does that count in the 10 seconds of measurement?

3 Likes

Take into consideration the riders weight as well. Don’t expect someone weighing a century to hit that efficiency :slight_smile:

1 Like

Agree, I have never managed to hit below 27Wh/km I think :smiley:

If there is no ‘red aura’ , simply it means you are NOT burning extra energy (in the last 10 seconds, note it is not instantaneous) irrespective of mode.

At times we cannot avoid. However keep it to minimal period.

3 Likes

Also depends on the changes in elevation. For me to hit the ring road I have to go up to a higher elevation so my efficiency goes down as I do that climb, plus all the flyovers and underpasses enroute.

I think folks in Chennai might get a higher level of efficiency since it’s relatively flat land.

6 Likes

Finally It rained, it was fun,
but I slipped twice near speed breakers.

1 Like

yeah! and be careful when riding.

Hi Rajesh,

Based on my ride experience, it’s good to check tyre air pressure weekly once as I can see it’s reducing by 3 to 4psi per week.

Not sure if others also facing same behavior…

A post was merged into an existing topic: Accessories

Yes you are correct… I am driving into shell bank once in a week at free of cost although sometimes I pay just for his good service…

Until date, the predicted range in the app has not got updated. Did anyone get an update in the range?

Guys!!!
I just realised that my regen starts when the battery is 85% and not 80%.
Anybody else who experienced the same??

I also noticed the same … not sure at what number it start but regen was working at 84% of charge.

1 Like

on my app also its the same standard prediction 65 and 53 in ride and sport mode respectively. I think guys who got scooter after recent software update may not be seeing range prediction based on ride.

1 Like