Ownership Experience

@rajeshkav i think you are the right person to help us :slightly_smiling_face:

Mine was 10units for 223 kms. Roughly 34p/km.

Not bad considering that I am not spewing obnoxious fumes!

2 Likes

Since the units consumed is calculated from the vehicles data, given the number of kilometres @abhishek has driven we would definitely get better paise/km averaging I feel, it would also show how many units got reimbursed given he has all different scenarios of charging his bike.

3 Likes

I am using home charging cable, so doesnā€™t matter where you charged from. Units are reported from the vehicle itself I think.

What Iā€™m after is not a necessarily a lower number but the breakup of the energy profile of the vehicle, including energy consumption when the motor is off.

Wh/km is a runtime metric when the motor is on, Iā€™m looking for other metrics to improve the performance.

We all know that in practice shutting down the scooter leads to increased usable range and therefore a better paise/km metric, but its hard to quantify it. If we do see a large enough overhead, then we can ask for a shutdown button in the app which has been requested by @rajeshkav earlier or even better a scheduled shutdown feature.

Another aspect is how to charge with the backup charger. I think Li-ion batteries need to more work to charge from 80-100% than otherwise. So charging up to certain battery capacities is more energy efficient. Again that requires unit breakup by % ranges to understand correctly

It is identifying these small thing in statistics and ordering them from the most effective to the least effective. We will not know until we see all the data.

5 Likes

For 1500km I guessā€¦

8 Likes

6 Likes

Hi Abhishek, this for a total of approximately how many KMā€™s travelled?

I do agree on seat comfort. Seat would have been bit wider. After riding about 20 Kms it gives a bit pain and I always try to change sitting posture.

not sure Iā€™ll have to check

but this is from feb 1st to 31st March

Booked my vehicle. Some serious issues.

1. The registration is valid only in Karnataka. Please do something about this.

2. Whatā€™s the likely date of launch in Delhi.

3. Some way to disable sim when user wants to do so.

Anyone tried high pressure washing Ather450 from Local service stations !
Please share your thoughts on this.

Thank you,
Arvind

Hi ACS

I myself use Bosch AQT pressure washer of 130 PSI and itā€™s absolutely doing fine
But please donā€™t ask to use the pressure wash on the dashboard

2 Likes

Where in the RC card does it says - only valid in Karnataka?

1 Like

I was advised by Ather people that, pressure wash should be used below knee level and NOTHING ABOVE ! Please be aware!

Wait! Can we avoid water wash? Is it really necessary? I am managing with just a mug of water or less. Just 2 clothes, one wet and another dry. Just a wipe should be good enough unless the vehicle is really dirty.

Since we are green ambassadors, we should be green in every walks of life! We are in summer now and water is really precious!

26 Likes

On pressure washing, they advised that except the dashboard, the rest of the vehicle is safe to pressure wash.

I do recommend cleaning underside with pressure water (not pressure wash, just a water jet with good pressure), this removes a lot of the dirt stuck between the moving parts and was causing some noise to show up. Some areas which helped were targetting the wheel hubs and disc brakes, along with cleaning the intake vents for the cooling fans.

I cleaned the vehicle with a hose and already the ride feels a bit better.

4 Likes

Your electricity consumption , i.e. mileage per charge is excellent.

Considering, it takes 3 units (rough) for complete charge,

(24.33/3)*x = 770km

that equates x= 94.9km !:muscle:

2 Likes

how did you know your odometer reading from the 31st?

I was depending only on fastcharging for the first weekā€¦I think the numbers are coming low because of thatā€¦ because I know I have not ridden that conservativeā€¦for sureā€¦ :neutral_face:

That way for me, it comes to about 71.8 kms per full charge cycle roughly, which is not so bad considering I am always on SPORT mode.

Odo: 1350kms (approx on 31st March)
Units consumed: 56.39 units
Units consumed per full charge: 3 units approx

I had forgotten the readingā€¦ luckily I mentioned the ODO reading on the ownership review made on 31st :sunglasses:

1 Like