Ownership Experience

I got my bike few days before. Yeah I’m very much satisfied with the bike build but few things:

1. Rear suspension - Kind of hard
  2. Indicator switch - Hard to turn it off
  3. Front mud guard is small and placed high - when I go through water, it splashes very much.
  4. It would be nice if we can control regen braking through the app.
  5. Few games on dash so that we can play when we go out shopping with ladies and they make us wait outside the shops :sweat_smile::rofl:
  6. I also feel that the steering is kind of narrow & I feel it difficult moving it.
2 Likes

Does it not turn off after your push the button in?. If yes, its most likely dust & grime build up. I have a similar issue and usually goes away when i give it for service.

Would be fun if Road Rash was there rt?. Using the the handle bar as a steering and the accelerator/brakes for movement :slight_smile:

Do you feel it when you turn both left and right or is it in only one direction?. If its only 1 direction, please report this in your next service request. It may require realignment of the harness that comes from the body down to the front wheel.

1 Like

Games…ya as u said, will be fun except for that laggy touch. And ya in both directions I feel it is kind of stiff. I think it’s because the wheel and steering is almost upright.

Just wanted to know from any Ather customer who have been using it for more than 2yrs…doesn’t the colour turn yellowish as days pass?

1 Like

If u have put any extra layer or body Polish then it can become yellowish…

@abhishek.balaji @Ather.Team Today I faced a wired issue. While riding, my dashboard completely switched off but vehicle was moving without any issue. It rebooted and automatically scooter went off in the middle of the road.

1 Like

Had a test ride again today at ather space Bangalore today, just to keep excitement high and also to check the seating comfort. Personal feel the step in the seat is hindering. As a side effect of the test ride I observed there was something wrong with the test ride unit, everytime I went over a hump on exit the hump the shock observed crashed through. Had observed this my Pulsar200NS the cause was the oil in the shock had leaked out and hence on rebound there was no damping.

Wanted to post it here so owner who were complaining something similar could check.

The first batch of scooters were delivered on 09.11.2018. So no owner has used their scooter for more than 2 years :slight_smile:

No one has reported any yellowing on stock scooters till now. There are cases where the scooter has turned yellow, but those are from owners with scooters having 3M PPF or similar. Even though it was known to turn yellow, many owners made that conscious choice of protection over aesthetics. Below is a picture from one such scooter. This is near the right floating panel where a small area isn’t applied with the film. You can see the difference.

You can make out in this scooter because there is no film applied. In some scooters, for uniformity even this area is covered with film. In such cases you cannot makenout the difference until another scooter without film is beside.

1 Like

The white of my Home Charger plastic has been turning yellow. And so is the middle of the underseat light. When I click a picture, it doesn’t look too bad, but IRL it’s worse.

The charger is left outside so exposure to the elements might cause yellowing on it. You can see the difference with the Ather sticker and the rest of the plastic. Probably bad quality plastic :confused: but do you know what might cause the yellowing on the LED underseat light?

The scooter on the other hand is still shiny white like the day I bought it, even though there are a few scratches here and there. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@abhishek.balaji are the batteries imported in batches or were they imported in bulk to keep costs low. At the time of delivery will the battery still be able to hold quoted capacity, i.e. 2.7kw after a full charge for the 450. Will we be able to verify this with the service team. Concern here is the calendar aging before delivery.

My pod has no such issue. 1) Maybe because it’s in the basement parking. 2) Not sure, but the paint finishes maybe different for the pod and the vehicle panels

Regards to the yellowing of the boot lamp, I had/have it too…I had observed that in August last year and reported it. It was replaced in one of the owners’ meet. I have reported that in the below quoted post of my ownership topic too

That new replacement lamp has also turned yellow now is what I’ve observed. Below is a picture I took couple of weeks ago. Planning to report this issue at the 10k Service whenever I reach there.

4 Likes

Thanks for the quick response Hemanth! :slight_smile: I suppose I’ll replace it at my 10k service too.

1 Like

Usually this yellowing happens on transparent mobile phone cases also. I guess with proper cleaning this can be fixed.

1 Like

Call up ather they have fix for this

1 Like

Hey @anandquasar,

There’s no need to worry about calendar ageing before delivery. The battery packs are manufactured in the same facility as the assembly of scooters, and are thoroughly tested for capacity and function before being installed in a Ather 450.

3 Likes

My Ather experience hasn’t been all that Rosy. Fell in love with the bike and forced my dad to get it. The flight is 2 months old and facing constant shutdown issues. Had a ather mech have a look a couple of times as it was a safety issue. But today the vehicle completely cutoff power and refuses to start resulting in a fall. Have raised a service request. Hopefully, it gets fixed. I had a fantastic experience so far. Barring this incident.

2 Likes

@Ather.Team Kudos to your service. Got the vehicle back in lightning speed and the whole service experience is quite refreshing. I am happy to report that the issue is resolved and the issue was because of a faulty motor temp sensor causing the motor to switch to low performance mode.

6 Likes

@abhishek.balaji Read in one of the posts that the new 21700 packs are not backwards compatible with 450. When the market is moving towards 21700; when the time comes in 5-6 years when the 450 owners might need a new pack, there could be a chance 18650 would be obsolete. Just looking for assurance we would be supported with new battery packs.

7 Likes

You’re right, currently the 21700 packs that would be used on the Ather 450X are not compatible with the 450, since there would be some major changes in the electronics required, and would not be financially feasible. We are committed to making replacement battery packs available for owners throughout the life of the Ather 450, but cannot promise that there would be upgrades.

2 Likes

@abhishek.balaji i haven’t received any mail for the monthly log data…How can I get it?

I don’t think May’s Ride log has been sent out yet. We will generally receive it by the end of the first week of the subsequent month.