Ownership Experience

Each and every time near my home

Why they didn’t gave brake lever lock, because we need it when we park in slope places

Is it necessary to service for 6000 KM or 6 months which ever is earlier if there is no problem in scooter…?

Where do I get the air valve changed to straight one?

Any good tyre shop which also deals with 2 wheelers will do it. A shop with experience in motorobikes/superbikes will be good as Ather’s construction is similar to bikes than scooters. Triton valves are one of the best ones and i got those. Big shops are better as they’ll have both experience and equipment. Since Ather’s rear wheel has a pulley on one side and a disc on the other side, it is difficult to remove the tyre. An hydraulic machine will make it easy. I went to Madhus in langford road…one of the best and the oldest in the business. But yes any good tyre shop can do it

1 Like

Thank you, Mr Hemanth for the input. Will plan for change of valve. Would change of valve also necessitate removal of tyres? If yes, I don’t want to mess up anything. Need to visit large outlets only.

I think general service is must required for every 5k or 6 months whichever completes first.

Actually, no. I called CS when I completed 6 months of ownership and they told me since I had not completed 5K km, I should wait and call them once I complete that much. They believe since it is not an ICE and just an electric motor, there are lesser moving parts and thus requires less maintenance.

So it is rather “5K km or 6 months, whichever comes later”!

AFAIK the 5k service is for brake check and suspension as well as for cleanup of other moving parts. Other issues are addressed seperately.

Then I have been wronged by the CS! :open_mouth::sweat_smile:

It’s recommended for your scooter, so we can check a few things and rectify issues. The brake pads to wear out after riding for about 5k kms, so it needs to be replaced then. If you don’t have issues, you can delay it.

Hi All, While cleaning the vehicle today found these cracks in the front doom.

The bike is parked in a well shaded place. It is parked in my home only. Any idea what it could be? The cracks are near both the side mirrors.

Looks like somebody has forced and disturbed the mirror. as the mirror is tightly screwed, the panels cracked.

It can’t be correct. Since the the cracks are in random places and not near the bolt harness. Additionally it is a closed place, also during lock down no one is out.

1 Like

I noticed this today. There is a mild gap between the frame and the aluminium body near the seat lock. Do everyone see this or only me? One side the body is not perfectly fit to the frame but the other side it is fit properly. Should I raise a issue request regarding this?

If it’s not hindering your ride, I’d suggest waiting till the lockdown is lifted to raise a request. The team will then be able to take a look at the issue.

i dont have any problem for my ride. just curious what if i drive it during rain and water gets inside through this ? anyway knowing that there is a gap in that i will not be driving it during rain until this is fixed but if water gets in while in parking is my concern.

Taking the Ather out tomorrow for work after nearly a month of shutdown and not having stepped out for weeks. Have mixed feelings - looking forward to getting out, feeling the breeze and considerably lesser pollution. And riding the 450, I have actually forgotten how it feels! On the other hand, bit anxious about stepping out at all…! :slightly_smiling_face:

Anyone else started going back to work premises? Be safe you guys!

3 Likes

I am going to office thrice in a week as am an employee of health care organization… feels like lonely ev on the road.but proud only my ev (may be) roaming in city…!!

5 Likes

I just saw someone’s ather being seized :pensive:

Completed 1000KMS in lockdown while attending my duty. I am using / enjoying my flight since Feb delivery. Bike is well built to deliver ultimate power. It’s smooth on almost all road condition. Tyres are good if we change slight riding habits than usual. Super power comes with super twin disk brakes. At any point in time if anybody asks me about flight I will definitely tell the person to buy the flight with blind eye.

9 Likes