Ownership Experience

Even turning on the scooter didn’t help? That is how the dashboard tells you to do it once you turn on the scooter

as soon as power is gone it should unlock and we can remove the cable
or u can turn on the key which again unlocks solenoid…

at times it will be hard to remove but u can remove in both the cases

2 Likes

Nice after how many km sir?

1 Like

Gooood luck sirrrrr. You are very lucky person. Ur vehicle has strong battery. Ur lucky. we are expecting true range 107 from Ather .Ur vehicle ranges seems to very very very happy .wish u very happy weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeing to get true range 107 far away …I bless u .we also expecting from Ather. We all are happy when our vehicles get this true range seems in this forum.We believe Ather helps us. Thanks weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeing

1 Like

Thanks. When I tried yesterday, nozzle was refusing to come out even when the key is turned on. I will check again.

2 Likes

got my bike same day evening

couldnt do much on that day

exploration started from next day (Friday)

by Saturday started experimenting with scenario’s

every one thought am crazy but glad few in this forum are liking it

i clocked around 1600 already heading to 1700

i don’t bother about the prediction, now i can manage to drive at least 75km while also enjoying ride in city

and do some careful riding to get more range (minimum 85km)

this can go upto 95km by keeping acceleration minimal and make use of limited regen

5 Likes

it happened to me aswell initially but later i noticed it was too tight (while pluging in you should not apply more pressure this will make it difficult while removing)

you can hear solenoid lock while locking - but while unlocking it is minimal - we might not be able to notice it.

may be there should be an indicator on dashboard when lock is engaged

1 Like

Hey Rajesh,

The solenoid should disengage once you have put the key in and turned it on. It does not depend on the power coming in from the pod or not.

Hence, power or no power, the solenoid will disengage if the key is turned on. In this instance it might have been due to the charging handle and the port having some friction. I will request the customer service team to give you a call and understand this better.

Regards,
Shreyas

9 Likes

Thanks, I will check again and call customer service if required. Appreciate your response.

2 Likes

Congrats Rajesh, have fun

1 Like

@Shreyas

1. Which is the insurance company that Ather is tied up with or do we have an option to choose our insurance company?
  2. Are we free to choose our carrier for the data plan or is that fixed by Ather?
1 Like

Let me take privilege to answer your questions.

1. Yes, you can go for your own insurance provider. When you get a call for the “payment window opening” from customer care, please mention this to Ather representative. However if you decide Ather to handle this, then Ather will pick. As of now Digit is their insurance provider.

2. No, Ather has tied up with Vodafone. Ather vehicle does not use normal commercial SIM in its vehicle and you do not have choice to switch in the current model.

3 Likes

Good to see a prompt response @Shreyas I know I have been critical of the team’s communication standards but I cant and will not shy away from appreciating you and your team whenever you have done good. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

How is the range is it improved or the same

No:) I am still getting the same range, I have to use for few more kms as per Ather team to improve the range.

1 Like

What is the range sir for me it’s 69 km

2 Likes

Still it is showing 52 km in eco mode. 69 is decent range you should not be worried. Ride few more kms and it will improve. I am hoping that after few decent rides I will also get good range like 70. If not the battery is covered under warranty, Ather might replace it.

3 Likes

Thats the hope but battery remains for me after 35 km drive is 57% and spent is 43% for 35 km but estimated range is less that’s the worry

1 Like

Being completed 1000km i can say is do not go by range indicator… The range indicator will always depends upon how much you are traveling on a single day… My commute is just 20km… And even if i fully charge the range it shows is 54 at max… But it doesnt mean it will give only 55… We had discussed the same in open session… I think @rajeshkav and others would remember… The new OTA should provide a stable range and many people getting 90 and 80 kms as range may panic once the stable range update comes up… And further try to avoid tyre marks on the panels it will not go even on washing…

5 Likes

@Shreyas i have my queries to be answered… My issue of noise when vehicle runs over any pothole or a bump or speed breaker is not rectified… I have been requesting the same from my first service… You people been telling me the issue is rectified and it still persists and im fed up requesting for the same… And its been almost two months and my smart card is not received yet… I need to submit the same to my bank… Kindly look into it please…