Ownership Experience

The issue I see here…almost none of the usual ICE scooters till now had DTE. Only thing available was low fuel warning. If we were low on fuel, we just went and filled at a fuel station nearby. We were never riding for efficiency as we were not worried of “running out” of fuel. But in this case of an EV, range anxiety kicks in as there is “no fuel station to refill”.
Reading the posts, I understand that people have understood that Range = Mileage. It is incorrect. like @sunil.nv has written above, DTE in any vehicle (more seen in cars) works like this only.

Let me share my experience with my E2O which I feel will be helpful here. The variant P6 that we have purchased has a range of 110Kms. Initially, even with my sedate driving style I was not able to drive 110Kms.
But slowly I adapted my driving style to an EV and once I went on a 102Kms round trip to a place near Bidadi and came back home with 9Kms range remaining (which is 111Kms)
My drive to office is 55Kms 2-way and I come back home with a range of 65kms still left (which will be 120Kms total)
In both cases above, I have driven more than the range of E2O which is 110Kms only. I can now drive E20 without much range anxiety.
In fact this adaptation of driving style has led me to extract more from my ICE cars also. But I’ve not become a “slowpoke” either. My average speeds have remained more or less same
On the contrary, In the E2O I’ve driven like how I used to drive my ICE car, I’ve driven it spiritedly full time in Boost mode (sport mode equivalent in Ather). I could drive 70-80Kms max.

So what are the changes that I have made to my driving style to extract more distance from the EV?

1. I avoid sudden acceleration and deceleration. If I map my speed curve it is more of a flat line than spikes and valleys. Avg speed remains almost same
  2. I take my foot off the pedal when there is a downgrade. Before driving the E2O I never knew there were so many up and down gradients on the NICE road
  3. Use regenerative braking. Braking regenerates energy, but just to use it if you accelerate more and brake hard, you would’ve spent more energy than regenerating. find the perfect balance.

The same holds good for Ather as well. I’m still waiting for my scooter, but I’m confident that I can extract the tru-range easily.

Hope this helps.

19 Likes

i meant here loosing after full charge example 17th Night full charge is 70 Km and 18th night full charge will be 68 KM this the pattern i found, riding has been 30-35 Km with no sudden acceleration & sudden brakes…

1 Like

Can you try shutdown and restart? It might help you.

By the way, what is your ‘distance’ range? What are you achieving?

2 Likes

I drive every day 34 km and I loose ever one km 1% I loose,I get end of the day with 56% left battery with 34 km and my driving style of 35-40 km speed with no sudden acceleration and no sudden breaking.

Losing 1% per km is correct sign. Please try shut down and restart.

I did that yesterday evening… i did not see much difference

1 Like

that way it shows 100% batter for 68 Km thats the range defined but heard it will also calculate over all driving style and calculate and i drove about 120 Km initial 60-70 i tried in eco & power mode both may be the reason still shows less range for me

1 Like

asper your observation
1% - 1km
100% -100km

even with occasional acceleration you should manage at least 75-80KM

also assuming you will not start the day with 100% even at 70%+ you shouldn’t have any range anxiety

about the range prediction on dash board - ignore ti for some time - it will take time to show correct projection which matches your driving style - this will not change over night

go with % for now

and FYI

last few kms (from 16%) it will automatically adapt eco mode and by the time %drops below 10% max speed is reduced anyways by system to make sure you find a place to charge or reach home - this will be typically last 8 to 10km left which is good enough for you to find a place to charge in the city very easily…

hope above is clear and dont be worried about prediction on dashboard

concentrate on enjoying ride on the flight

4 Likes

Thanks abhishek, that way my ather battery performance is very cool and never found any drastic loose of battery… will wait for more KM driving and observe

4 Likes

enjoy veeeeeveee sound on the motor

get out of range worries

have fun with the flight

1 Like

I am not getting more than 52 in eco mode, today just to test I covered 35 kms in eco mode and the available range now is 19 km with 36%. Huge variance from the claimed and believe me I did not cross 45 speed today.

1 Like
  1. I am guessing you started when the charge level was at 100%? If not what was it?
  2. Did your drive involve a lot of braking or steep inclines?
  3. Did you measure the covered distance of 35kms using the odometer or google maps? Or was it using the range estimated on the dashboard?
1 Like

we canceled the order what u say

Hi Samit…

I am guessing you started when the charge level was at 100%? If not what was it?
yes 100%
Did your drive involve a lot of braking or steep inclines?
No much of braking and road used ORR no inclines except few flyovers.
Did you measure the covered distance of 35kms using the odometer or google maps? Or was it using the range estimated on the dashboard?
ODO meter and google too showed the distance as 18 kms each side.

1 Like

It could be some issue with my vehicle only, lets Ather figure it out the issue. Coming to vehicle performance it is awesome. so don’t take a call based on few reviews as I see most of the owners here get around 75 to 95 range.

1 Like

OK sir

Hi Samit, what range are you getting…

About 70 KMS on normal mode.

thats nice i am close to it 68-70 KM eco mode

Charging cable removal: How do I remove charging cable from the scooter if the grid power goes off? This morning I could not remove the power cable till power came back. How do I unlock the solenoid without power? Any expert comment?

3 Likes