Ownership Experience

Raised this issue everytime my vehicle was picked up for service. I recieved same response like you.

@santsplen and @srivatsabs24,

Checked with the team on this and seems to be a miscommunication somewhere. They mentioned itā€™s due to the suspension bottoming out, and is common in all two wheelers, and not an issue. This wonā€™t cause any issues or hamper your ride. However, if you still face any issues, do reach out to the customer service team to schedule a service request for this, and weā€™ll be happy to do a deeper analysis.

I have ridden your Chennai Ather 1.1 and it does not have this issue and I have a scooty which is more than 10 yrs old and I do not have this issue @abhishek.balaji its not normal , there is some issue that you guys are not ready to fix it .
Let us know how it can be fixed , may be we can fix it ourselves (we just need to know the cause of the sound), why does suspension bottom out on a small ditch less than 1-2cm deep , when it does not happen on your later version of Ather.
I had sent vehicle for service , but its not fixed and was told we are working on a fix , not sure when that would happen.

2 Likes

Alright, letā€™s get this fixed. Raise a request and weā€™ll ensure we take a look at it clearly this time. :slight_smile:

I have sent an email yesterday please check .

Apart from the suspension noise , all other things are fantastic, the latest update is kind of ironed out all the issues I had. Only thing missing is the ability to disable the firmware auto update feature via dashboard or via APP. As Im happy with the performance and have not had any major issues with the scooter so far . I also wanted to upgrade to 450x , was expecting a different design and increase in range , however did not get what was expecting , I shall look forward to see upgrade options or even buy another Ather in the coming days based on the new models that you guy would come up which would have better range and design. Every time I ride it I feel so happy to ride an Indian based vehicle that is truly world class that too from a startup ā€¦Kudos to all the engineers and the wonderful team .

4 Likes

Same here my 6 year old Suzuki access 125 with same telescopic suspension doesnā€™t make this noise at all. There is something which is not secured or in way which is causing suspension noise.

Any Updates regarding performance degradation in Sports mode especially pickup which is reduced severely?

Do reach out to customer service to schedule service request.

There have been no changes in the riding modes in the past few OTAs, hence no changes in performance at all.

But my scooter doesnā€™t have pickup like ather experience vehicles at all. It canā€™t outrun even Suzuki access.

Have you checked the belt slack , is the tyre bald and any abnormal grinding sound from the gear or drives ??
Im still not very happy with the 4.x firmware with the introduction or ECO mode.
But there is no choice but to live with it.However there is no performance degrade seen on the latest firmware.

Two weeks back my bike was taken for 2nd time issue with restarting the dashboard and motor offā€¦ It was fixedā€¦ now again same issue. In 10 mins ride bike was off 5 times. I called customer service. They are pick the bike in 1 hour. When I am in traffic, the motor offs. Very risk to ride this bikeā€¦ @ather.teamā€¦ pleaseā€¦ pleaseā€¦ fix itā€¦

1 Like

I donā€™t agree with Balajiā€™s verdict. Even i am also facing this issue and we have been riding the twowheeler and car for the past 25 years. This is probably a R&D issue where it has not been fixed in my vehicle since long time. I see lot of vibration in the vehicle from the day 1 and i am getting response from customer service that ā€™ there will not be any impact and it is there in all the Ather vehicleā€™. This is totally unaceeptable and after investing Rs.1.23 lakhs still we need to face these kind or problems and vibrations.

Yeah during last service they told they have adjusted belt tension. Still I am feeling performance in sports mode is not like before.

Looks like a Lock issue , get the lock checked as this may be a lock issue , I too had this issue and was resolved after changing the lock.

Lock was changed on 1st bike visit to service

Can you explain in detail, how it can be reproduced or any typical symptom how the issue happened while riding, what speed you were driving , what mode ,time of day and firmware that you are running etc.
More like a scenario that would help @Ather.Team analyze the issue in house.

I was in 20 to 30 km speed. Ride mode, 6:15 pm to 6:30 pm on 5-feb.

any error seen on the dashboard or any issue seen while riding any unsual motor sound or sudden jerk or any other observation, is the lock operation smooth with the new lock in place?.
May be its a lock issue again as the quality of the lock is not very good , I have seen the lock replaced and its from STP or something that starts with S .tell them to check the lock again ā€¦

Once thing noticed over the ownership experience is be lite and gentle on the vehicle while accelerating , there are no issues see.
When I ride it like crazy , the vehicle starts to act crazy as per my experience,
ex. Blank screen , vehicle stopping , touch not working correctly (resolved via a firmware on the screen itself) pickup issue. Scooter stopping in middle of the road (resolved after lock change).
The issue are generally noticed when I drive in Sports mode, I rarely use ride and never use ECO mode.
I have never seen my wife complaining about any issue except for the blank screen that used to happen earlier some times. But now its kind of almost not there as she is the one who used the scooter more than me.

So moral of the story is ā€œuse the powerful performance machine in the most gentle mannerā€.

1 Like

My ride statistics are not getting synced since a month, I had raised a service request for this and received response to restart vehicle and reinstall the app! I tried all the options and still the data didnā€™t sync. No Ride Statistics are being displayed since Jan 11 2020.

I raised the same request again but didnā€™t receive any response yet!
Anyone facing similar issue?