Ownership Experience

Structurally the 450 is stable only till 85kmph(not dashboard speeds but actual speed).
This is why it is electronically limited to 89 on dash for safety reasons.
P.S. at 90kmph you can feel the motor having enough torque to reach a 100 (on a flat road) but settles at around 90.

1 Like

What range can be expected from Ather 450 for a sedate rider who prefers riding between 40-45kmph?

I get 90 km with this driving style in Chennai

i drive mostly in that range and i get more like 1.2% per km (calculated for 10km average)
considering wise one will never reach till 0%, we will get around 60-65km (average)till 20% threshold

1 Like

check this link :slight_smile:

I got 450 on 12.1.20. 450 is a very good scooter. I am satisfied with 450. One more thing I want to mention here ATHER says always less range but real you can get more what they say. But others say more range but actual you can not like Okinawa

Maybe in delivery they are not able to keep promise but 450 quality wise so good

3 Likes

BAD…BAD…BAD… Experience with Ather bike from past 1 month. Twice bike has already gone for servicing… Last Saturday 2nd to e the bike taken. The service member told all is fine they had check. But today again 3 times the bike was stopped and restarted… they told latest update was not installed still this happened. When I called Ather support… they told will look into it.
Just think i am riding the bike in 50k speed and bike stops and their are vechiles behind you… its puts life at risk… I have called up to Ather Team and asked for Pay back the amount or give a new bike. This is un-acceptable, I cannot take risk with this bike on road everyday…

1 Like

My scooter has been for service 6 times in 1.5 months and still they are not ready to replace.
No wonder what @Ather.Team is doing

I have booked my vehicle and waiting for delivery… but sad to hear you have already 6 times visit in few months …just curious to know even after frequent problems …what made you book Ather 450 X also?

2 Likes

As @abhishek.balaji said that there are upgrade plans for existing owners
It is better to pre order the 450X and more over i felt that this one will be way better than the 450
You get to see the launch of the vehicle and you also get the collector’s edition of the scooter
But i have a query
If they have been working on the scooter since a while
Why didn’t @Ather.Team or @abhishek.balaji or @tarun update us telling that there might be a new scooter coming up in a few months
It is not possible for any company to just set up a brand new model over night
It takes couple of weeks to work upon it
While @Ather.Team was working on it they should have informed us
But they didn’t because it would be like
Ather 450 remains unsold or only a very few handful number of ather 450s would have been delivered then.
That is a reason these people didnt tell us about the new scooter before.
Obviously that most of the people will opt for a newer and a better version and the old 450 will not get sales.

I wish they update the price & specifications at the earliest as my payment gateway for 450 is already open @abhishek.balaji as you say few weeks then it can be months also right? if u had mentioned few days it would have been more convenient to decide.

Did you ask for a replacement or Money back.

I asked but as always @Ather.Team is like your scooter is registered and it is not possible to get it replaced but we will resolve the issues.

I suggest you to not order the 450 because you are going to get a subsidy even though the pricing is going to be higher
I guess the pricing will be somewhere around ₹150000/-

If it will be 1.5 including subsidy then i will go for older Ather only

1.5 without subsidy is somewhere possible
The older one is 1.3 and this is a variant so could be 1.5 without subsidy and somewhere around 1.25 after subsidy

1 Like

I suggest you just upgrade to the 450X. You seem to have struck a streak of bad luck.

1 Like

If i get an option from ather to upgrade it at a reasonable cost i will surely do

A post was split to a new topic: Alandkar’s review of the Ather 450

A day back or so a technician came home to change my horn since j had a mechanical issue. He removed the dashboard replaced it and put the dashboard back. I hadn’t noticed this. But I guess he forgot to screw in the dashboard.

Both sides he forgot to screw it in. :sweat_smile:
No problem. But just wondering if someone hadnt pointed it out to me at a traffic signal what would have happened.

2 Likes

Guys have you noticed that in both left and right sides handle bar grips upper rubber like layer is very loose? Like if you hold them little firm they are not adhered to handle bar like other vehicle’s? Like some air is inside and is forming bubbles inside them ?

2 Likes