Ownership Experience

Hey @gandharv.bakshi,

Haven’t raised an issue yet. Thought of understanding if it has been done intentionally, it surely doesn’t feel like 20 Nm.
Will raise one soon anyway. Any update from your side would be really helpful.
Thanks for taking this up !!

Hi all,

My Ather has clocked 250 km so far, I’ll share a detailed pre-booking to delivery experience soon.
Will also try put in first impressions after crossing 500 km.

Here are some issues I’m facing:

There is lot of vibrations and noise below 20 kmph. Its actually very irritating in Eco and Ride mode, I’m sensing that there is belt-slip happening. I called up customer care and they told that it’ll be smoother after 500 kms on odometer.

Is it normal?

The vehicle automatically goes to shutdown mode sometimes, Also once the vehicle was on and running but dashboard wasn’t on or displaying anything, I had to manually do that 2 brakes + start button for the dashboard to restart from shutdown mode with the help of customer care.

Also the range I’m getting for the first 5 kms is less after full charge, It’ll consume more than 7 kms for a 4 km ride at start i.e. 65 km range will go to 58-59 even though I have traveled 3-4 kms (Even when I don’t rev or travel at higher speeds). After 5 kms of travel the discharging is fine.

Any other new owners facing this issues?

And, Does Ather have the auto-off turn indicators feature? (It seems to work sometimes)

Today top speed reached this much …
It’s a really very wonderful experience ,
All people’s watching me , how the battery scooter is going to fast …

Yes of course. Do note that it works based on the data it gets from the IMU. So if you notice that the auto cut off isn’t working, it might be because you didn’t lean in that much on that turn.

As a matter of fact I do face the same. I think it’s just the predictions which aren’t 100% accurate.

This is quite common. I don’t think you need to worry since your scooter is no where affected it’s just the dashboard which has a few glitches. Like any other new software out there. There will always be a few glitches here and there.

That’s not normal. What do you mean by shutdown?

Completely normal! It won’t go by 500 though. You might have to wait for 1000-1500 Km on your ODO for the sound and floorboard vibrations to come down. But there will be a single high pitched tone at around 18Kmph. Not nearly as much as you might be getting now.

I don’t think it’s your belt slipping. The sound might be a bit new for you. I think you should wait till 1500kms

Thanks for clarifying things Suraj

Oh okay, It was hit and miss and I couldn’t figure out whether it was working or not!

The vehicle starts from loading screen with Ather logo and takes some time to display the usual dashboard, This happens only if you have put the scooter in shutdown mode. But I faced this issue 2-3 times even though I had not put it to shutdown.

Damn, I was hoping that sci-fi noise would go away by 500 km :expressionless:

1 Like

This is a known software glitch and is one the stability related items Ather is working on. As long as the motor does not cutoff, you have nothing to worry about.

If you see he motor losing power during these dashboard blackouts then pls raise a service request immediately as it is a safety issue.

1 Like

I just hope that they don’t bring back that original extra torque in a new mode and call it ludicrous mode…

4 Likes

Hi All,
Just clocked 1k on my odo. 30 days after my delivery. Pls remind me, when is the vehicle due for first service? 1k or 5k? And how long does it take for service?
TIA

Check this out

1 Like

Thanks. 5k periodic service makes sense. But to be doubly sure - there is no service after the first 1k running? Probably to check belt tension, screws, rattling sound etc.?

I had an issue with the throttle. Ather service guy came and attend to it this morning. He told me about 1k service and to schedule it.

What was the issue you had?

Need testing on this issue I had 2 days back,

1- Start the scooter
2- Run the scooter for about 2 kms about 50-60 kms speed.
3- Turn on and wait for 2 minutes.
4- Start he scooter turn it on and ride for another 1 km.
5- While moving at about 30-40 Kms turn on the kill switch (motor off position)
6- Now turn off the kill switch again (motor on ) then try to acelerate , I did this and motor did not respond , tried to turn on and off the kill switch and tested same issue could not accelerate , its like motor is turned off.
stopped the vehicle turned off the key and then tested the same steps as above and now it worked as expected ,once kill switch is off motor works.

Can you guys check as I feel this is a bug and needs to be reported.
I have reported this issue , its been 2 days and there is no response from @Ather.Team .

1 Like

Once kill switch is used, you need to do the regular ignition sequence to start the bike (brake+ignition switch). This is how it is in every 2w I know.

Never ever engage the kill switch while riding, its extremely dangerous.

5 Likes

even after brake and igintion start button motor says started but did not move forward.
Had to turn off the key and tested same steps and it worked now.

I had a motor cut off itself
I was riding at 75 and it just turned off and i tried to start it again it showed motor on but it was not accelerating
I gave it for service last week and @Ather.Team has given me a loaner vehicle for a few days until my vehicle is serviced.

2 Likes

Hi raghav, Even I had thought the same. But once I read the A450’s user manual completely, I remember reading that to turn of the motor while gliding in slopes to save battery. So I was doing the same whenever I find a sloped road. Turning on the motor and accelerating was not an issue to me until last 2days. I had the same issue like @santsplen said. I did not think much about it. I just turned off the key completely and turned it back on and continued with my journey.

The manual only says to use the kill switch when “Pushing” the vehicle down a slope. This is to avoid accidental acceleration when you hold the handle bar while pushing the bike.

4 Likes

The throttle developed some friction while twisting. Started happening after 1k kms. Called for service but they said it was normal.

Once u cross 30 kmph, if u turn off your motor using the kill switch, it will not turn on. You have to come to a complete stop and turn the Motor on. If your speed is below 30 kmph, and u turn off, u can turn on the motor using the ignition switch and the brakes on the fly. This has been experienced by many riders. This is completely normal

1 Like

first of all i don’t get the idea of using kill switch while riding > 0kmph … if you want to glide, just release accelerator. Motor will not consume or resist more for sure :crazy_face:
although testing these kind of scenarios might welcomed by “Ather” to make product robust … but then you should be on their test team, not regular user :wink:

5 Likes