Ownership Experience

A post was merged into an existing topic: Owners’ meet - December 2019

Hi @hemanth.anand, Have you installed screengaurd on your Ather?
I have one concern with screen gaurd (plastic or tempered glass). Ather Dash screen is not like a mobile phone that has a glass panel. In case the gaurd breaks and need to be removed, then while removing the gaurd, it can cause scratches on the screen.

Alright!
A week after I got my hands on my Ather, yesterday, I got the opportunity for a full scale drive and here is 1st impression review!

Took the vehicle out for a spin from my home, where the main road is under repair (not patch work but complete repair). So the 1st km was on compacted gravel/sand surface. This is when I understood, why people call Ather a ‘Flight’. I felt as if, i was gliding over the surface with hardly any undulations reaching my spine. The only observation was, like every other ICE scooter on road, the handle tends to shudder on such roads once you cross 40kmph.

Then came the ring road and here’s where, I realised that an Ather is not just to be ‘Flown’ but it should be ‘Flaunted’. I was just entering the road taking a right hand turn and out of the blue an Apache biker tripple riding, without a helmet and his eyes half closed (quite common in Mysore) zoomed across the barricade and got very close to me. Thanks to low CoG of Ather, i leaned more than what i normally do and just got away from his path. The guy stared at me and my Ather and just moved on. However, it just took me a twist of throttle and few seconds to get close and past him, just waved at him to be cautious. Good that he realised he was wrong and just smiled back. But all 3 were staring at my Ather probably thinking 'Yava gaadi appa idu?? yentha pickupu!! All through this, I got another reason as to why Ather is called ‘Flight’ again!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Remember how it feels, when an aircraft pilot pushes the engine to max power while taking off??!! Its the same feeling, when you pull the throttle to maximum on an Ather!! I hadn’t tried this during the test ride at Ather Space, so this was my first such experience.
From there on, it was me, my Ather, Sports Mode, throttle in red zone and “stares and oggles”!!
Went on the open roads around Kukkarahalli lake to Yadavagiri and back home through KD Road.
Max speed achieved 78kmph. Consumed around 46% charge for a 29 km drive.
Another thing I loved was the sound of the motor once the helmet is on and your are at a good cruising speed. As you increase throttle and hear the motor revs going higher, it gives you a feel of “Bat Mobile” (without the jet powered mode of course).

All in all a adrenaline raising yet soul soothing drive.

Next will be all tourist places in and around Mysore that I can target with my Ather’s range…

9 Likes

Thanks Samarth for the review.

That road beside Kukkarahalli lake has been my favourite since the time I started to ride. Back in the days, when I had a Kinetic Luna, I used to love it when I used achieve it’s top speed of 55kmph on this road. #Cheapthrills #nostalgia :slight_smile:

I look forward to your ride reports to Balmuri, Venugopalaswamy temple beside KRS backwaters, Ranganathittu, Brindavan gardens, Nanajanagudu, Somanathapura to start with.
Later on after you gain more confidence, Talakadu, Melukote etc…

Edit: Please do post more pictures :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Venugopalaswamy temple is a mine and my family’s favourite. Have been there several times.
Will surely post pics in next posts.

Hi @abhishek.balaji my ather was picked up for service for replacement of touchscreen which had turned yellow but after they installed new touchscreen they have not installed so called screen guard to prevent yellowing again. So I was under impression they would install screen guard for vehicles going to service ? Right ? Now again should I raise service request for installation ? Thx

Nope, nothing else to do. Since yours was replaced, it doesnt need the screen protector :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is there any changes in the panels coming with new scooters?

There’s been very little information about any new product from Ather.

so no need to worry about UV damage in this new replaced screen?

1 Like

Hi All
I am shifting my house to a new place and I am not sure how long I will stay at this place
Is it better to shift Point to the new place ? Or is it better to buy a portable charger instead ?

(I know pros and cons of portable charger. Just FYI)

1 Like

Check first if the portable charger works in your new place. A lot of people have noticed that the point night function well but sometimes the wall point and portable charger combo doesn’t really work. (some grounding issues)

1 Like

If earthing is correctly working then u can go portable charger …

1 Like

Can someone change my status to “Ather owner” if it isn’t changed? :sweat_smile:

You’ll automatically be added to the group when you logout/login. Do try that, if not, I’ll add you manually.

1 Like

The worst efficiency I’ve ever got. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Too short distance to categorize as worst !

2 Likes

True. Sorry. Just wanted to see the highest value I can ever get.

Hey guys
THIS IS A VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE TO ALL ATHER OWNERS
PLEASE READ IT VERY CAREFULLY
So it has been 20 days since i have got my ather 450 and guys trust me the experience of the quality of parts has been really very bad.
Yesterday i called ather customer support and literally scolded them to give me such a bad quality scooter
I dont know what pre delivery inspections these ather people have done.
@abhishek.balaji is this how you treat your customers.
Motor cuts off at high speed
Dashboard issue
Charging socket placing issue
Parts are not tightly fixed
Paint problems during delivery itself
I feel it is WORTHLESS BUYING ATHER 450
I have paid 114000 for the scooter and i feel it has gone for a toss.
I have uploaded a photo which shows the complaints
All ather owners please read it carefully and people who are about to buy ather also.
@abhishek.balaji very disappointed with you people.

The key is on but dashboard is not working only
How many times should i shut it down to make it work fine

3 Likes

Yours is a one off incident and I think ather will fix all your issues. Don’t worry. We all knew it and still know that it’s always a risk to buy a product by a brand new company. But we all trust ather and I think you should give them a chance to fix it.

4 Likes