Ownership Experience

I should keep throttle in green only color sir

2 Likes

Ather has done everything smartly except partnering with Vodafone. Received my vehicle on 15-Feb. Noticed no network in the delivery area itself within Ather experience center in Indiranagar. Network slowly started when the vehicle was moved out. Similar experience in Sarjapur road where I live. No network or very weak network in this area. No network in my parking. My parking has good Airtel, BSNL, Jio network strength. Navigation, real time charge monitoring are useless for me now. Called Ather yesterday and was informed that it runs on Vodafone network. Would like to hear from Ather if there is any alternative to Vodafone.

Getting a range of about 65 Kms in eco mode. Its lot of fun to drive Ather 450. Regular mode has too much power and vehicle can fly to 80-90 Kmph in no time.

7 Likes

This is true. Electric vehicles are almost opposite to petrol/diesel vehicles when it comes to efficiency.

EVs: Very efficient in traffic and at cruising speeds. These cruising speeds could be around 30 to 50 Kmph for scooters like Ather. For cars like Tesla Model 3 it will be 80 to 110 kmph.

At higher speeds the range will be less in EVs. For electric scooters, as speed increases over 60 kmph the range will be down. For EV cars, range will be decline at more than 120 kmph speeds.

ICE (petrol/diesel): Very low efficiency in traffic conditions. For example, Honda City (petrol) gives only ~9 kmpl in heavy traffic conditions while on highways I could get ~18 kmpl mileage at 100 Kmph speeds. Even ICE vehicles mileage goes down at higher speeds like 120 Kmph.

Note: While EVs may seem less efficient at high speeds but they are still much more efficient and substantially cheaper than petrol/diesel vehicles.

3 Likes

Many congrats Rajesh :):+1: Your Ather looks very good in the photo and makes me even more restless. Btw my CP installation is scheduled coming wednesday. Looking forward.

1 Like

Hearty Congratulations Rajesh on the arrival of your very own flight(Green board, but you still own it !!) … Enjoy and i will soon join the group :slight_smile: soooon.

i had the 5A plug point installed today… Needless to mention that the jop was done very neatly and on time as per commitment, infact they went out of the way when i could not take their offer to install on Friday or Monday and insisted for the weekend.
The came prepared with both options… i was in love with the pod and still am, but choose to listen to my mind which pushed me to be more practical, to be more flexible, to be able to charge in office(RMZ Eco World, Marathalli ORR) where there is no Ather charging station available.

Eagerly looking forward to hear about the readiness of THE vehicle for delivery post registration formalities.

3 Likes

(Green board, but you still own it !!)

Can you please help me understand what you mean by this?

Awesome @rajeshkav… Wish you a very happy wheeeeing!!

A much awaited Ather owner badge awaits you :slight_smile:

1 Like

He bought the scooter on lease. I hope that’s what he meant

Thats right… Scooter might be on lease but all the fun is your own… enjoy.

2 Likes

Green board has nothing to do with that.
Lease, loan or completely your own, All electric vehicles will have green board. White letters for private, yellow letters for rental (chauffeur driven or self driven)

4 Likes

I have question, as battery is placed under foot steps.
Does any one used this place to carry luggage like water can, Gas Cylinders or any heavy material.

Does Ather specified any specific limitation.

3 Likes

Did you install charging pint at Ecospace:open_mouth:?

Hi Ather owners please let me know what is your full charge km range if it’s charged and I am not getting good range in eco mode so checking pls let me know how to improve

Thanks

1 Like

Hi Kashyap, what do you mean you are not getting? Are you referring to dashboard range prediction OR real range (End of the day Km-start of the day Km)?

This morning my predicted range was 68Km with 100% charge, however at the end of day after covering nearly 38Km, I still have 58% charge left with 56km left. So, if I math these two 56+36=92km for today’s charge. So, 80Km range is easy and achievable.

So, my suggestion is not to rely on dashboard prediction for now as it may take sometime to stabilize (this is based on your riding)

3 Likes

Hi Sir, today my 100% charge with 69 km range End of day with 35 km drive left with 57% charge 35 km left, now 100% charge showing 68… So wondering my range is not going well

Every day 2% reduced range in dash board

Till now I have never seen predicted range more than 60 in eco mode and in real world my range is only 50. The day when I took delivery also the available range was less than 60.

+1 @rajeshkav

Though I dont own an Ather, I am pretty sure of your statement here. Take any vehicle for instance which has distance to empty figures shown in the driver display, a slight orthodox driving/riding will let you beat those figures pretty convincingly . It holds good for my Nano and XUV where if the range is shown as X I would get more than X when I do the math.

Regards,
Sunil Narayanan

4 Likes

I guess the 2% reduced range on day to day basis is because of the idle time - This is expected. It would be worthwhile on what other owners have to say.
@Abhishek @samitbanerji @rajeshkav @mprags @mrraghavendra @anegondi4

4 Likes

2-3% loss is anticipated even before i purchased the vehicle - this is because of the nature of battery itself and there are few functions which run on background when vehicle is idle - may be BMS taking care of battery and system on board - keeping the memory also checking on any diagnostic activities

don’t worry this is normal…

but if u r talking about the range shown on dashboard at a particular battery %
then it is a different topic

again this depends on how u r riding and will be much more than it appear on dashboard!

2 Likes