Ownership Experience

No I have done this. Turning off motor while riding, after you switch on, i just press start button and continue riding. It worked for me many times.

1 Like

It’s normal
Ather knows about it.
Vehicle won’t start if u use engage switch off on when vehicle speed is more than 30 or 40kmps.
In low speed it work.
May be in next update they modify dashboard display accordingly.
Ather insists to use engage switch only in stationary position not in movement.

6 Likes

Thank you. That clears things :slight_smile:

I tried it under 30kmph. It worked. Will try above 40kmph today.

When speed is above 40kmph. After engaging engine kill switch. Vehicle needs to be stopped and run off and on the key to start

1 Like

All - Have been facing an issue wherein, whenever the throttle is released, there is a squeeking noise from the back, if i throttle again it doesnt appear, again when i release the throttle it appears. Not sure why this is happening, is it coz my belt is dirty due to rain? or is the belt touching something? Have any of you experienced this?

Had this for a couple of days post riding in rain.went away after I washed the belt.

1 Like

Let me try that and post an update. Thanks

Thank you for confirming this. Now I can rest easy since it is not an issue specific to my scooter :slight_smile:.

Congratulations to @aditya.51187 @capshankar and 8 other lucky people who complete 1 year of ownership of their 450 today!
You must’ve answered more questions on road than any of the other owners here. Thanks for making our scooters better with your invaluable feedback to Ather. :slight_smile:
How are you celebrating the Anniversary?

10 Likes

Woah
1 year!

Hi,
Thankfully shajahan was no more here else he would have gifted the first Ather to mumtaz and definitely she would have loved this one more. for me it’s my most exciting day, feeling equally like my birthday infact.i am celebrating this day by traveling to Taj Mahal since it’s one of the seven wonders of the world and this would be my first time visit…very very exciting, I am leaving behind the India’s best EV at home to rest a while out of our craters filled with water and pollution…let it breathe green on it’s birthday …

Thank you for this lovely product guys,see you soon…
Regards
Aditya reddy

15 Likes

I can vouch for this cause I randomly turned the vehicle off (key turnoff)on a downward slope cause map wasn’t updating (about 2 weeks back). The vehicle turned on cause speed was about 30

Is the “current ride” removed?

1 Like

Ather discontinuing 340 as per the update in Ather website.

1 Like

Touch interface now non responsive.
Ride quality like an old scooty. Maybe front dampers need servicing.
Hard ride due to hardened shock absorbers led to loosening of saree gaurd.
During Double ride, it takes more time settle from sway movement.
Battery storage now reduced. (Assumed by calculating watt hour per km and left over %age).
Odo reading is 4500+ kms.
Thinking of rectifying the problems during 5k km
service.

Advise please.

1 Like

Dear Team,

This is very bad 5K Service Experience, I was not in Hurry to take vehicle.
You have not washed vehicle at least you dont have time to wipe the dust.
(This is what you do in 5K Service but you charge for AMC)

While taking vehicle i have been told that vehicle will be washed.
But while give vehicle executive is telling we dont wash, after telling while take vehicle they told vehicle will be washed…
Your Executive is telling we went to washing they told 2hrs so i took your vehicle without washing as your delivery timing is 2.30 we have to meet our target…

I dont mind your target, you take vehicle once in Eight month dont you have time to do in nice manner.

You are loosing your quality, for Quantity

7 Likes

Too bad. I wonder if they actually service the vehicle.

With more and more scooters now reaching the 5000Kms mark, the service guys have got a task at hand. Everyone will expect a clean vehicle after the service. Looks like again there is a gap in communication between the Ather service staff which is not very good!
I don’t know how other scooter brands are doing but due to a Pollution Control Board notification, all service stations must do only Waterless wash. Almost all car dealers are adhering to that. But looks like even that is missing here!

@mmdk, how was your experience otherwise? Were there any other issues?
Would like to hear more…my scooter is quickly approaching 5K kms.

2 Likes

@mmdk, other than washing, were there any other issues. Is there any change in riding experience ?