Ownership Experience

I was doing this ‘shutdown’ stuff from day 1 :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Nice…! :slightly_smiling_face: Do you wait for your stats to update first…?

I’ve noticed this too man. I noticed that the test ride vehicles hade some sound but not of the nature in my Ather and not that loud. But the only other ather I’ve ridden is @AnaghDeshpande and the sounds there too but a little lesser. It’s run over 1200Km and mines just 500 so I think with time it will come down. Should wait till 1000-1500 Km on the ODO and see.
But that sound is quite annoying. I found a sort of way around it. By intermittent acceleration. It reduces that rubbing sort of sound if you lay off the throttle. I have to do this often when I’m on quiet roads. It’s a bit annoying seeing an empty road but trying to prevent the sound and limiting my acceleration.

4 Likes

Same here, I accelerate very gradually to avoid that sound and all that Ather team says is it will go away gradually. Looks like can’t help much but good to know it’s not just me :sweat_smile:

Unfortunately yes , otherwise current ride number will stay for every :frowning:

However there is a plan to roll out , post synch data after shut down which will come in the next OTA. Delayed shut down is also there in the card.

2 Likes

I have the same sound in my Ather as well, but I don’t mind it that much. I have done around 680Kms, and the sound has come down a little from the beginning. I expect it will come down a lot after some more kms. It does sound like there are some parts brushing against each other, so I was concerned initially, but everyone said it is normal, so I try to enjoy it now :grin:

1 Like

Oh no. Give back my old charger animation.
New animation looks 2000s’
We’re 2019. Going to 2020. Not a good animation.

11 Likes

Now even am having the same issue , the bike is not turning on and if I plug it for charging it shows a red indication.
How long did it took u to get your bike fixed?

1 Like

Is the dashboard turning on?

No

Yes this animation looks outdated. Older animation was much better.

Raise a ticket. They’ll take 2 Days to get it fixed.

Thanks

Will they provide a loaner vehicle for those two days

did anyone saved old apk?
am missing my pod

I got pressure wash today at Muddeereswara express bike service in BSK 3rd Stage, Kathriguppe.

I was really happy with the way they cleaned and handed over the vehicle. They did a professional job in cleaning.

Foam wash and polish for RS 150/- Owner Name Uma Shankar.

7 Likes

You should not do pressure wash as it can damage the sensors when sprayed under body. This was specifically told to us during delivery of the vehicle.

2 Likes

They told not to do pressure wash on the screen. And this is the not the first time I have done it.

1 Like

Pressure washing below knee level is completely fine and is recommending to pressure wash after riding in the rain as it can improve your efficiency.

3 Likes

I faced my first issue with the scooter today. I was traveling with my kid at around 40-50 kmph and it looks like my kid touched the disengage button by mistake. The vehicle was still going around 40, but i noticed that there was no more whine from the motor. I then noticed the disengage switch, so while still in motion, i switched on the motor by pressing the brake slightly. Now the dashboard showed that the motor was on, but the vehicle was not moving. There was no response to the throttle. I parked my vehicle to the side and tried multiple times but it wouldn’t budge. So i did a shutdown and restart, the motor came on, but still it wouldn’t move.
I was afraid that I would have to call the customer care and I was worried how I would push back the vehicle to my home alongwith my kid. Finally, I turned off the key and then restarted and lo and behold, the vehicle started moving :grinning: .
I’m not sure if my mistake was to restart the motor when the vehicle was still in motion. Any comments from the more experienced owners or someone from the Ather team ?

6 Likes