Ownership Experience

Ather, Please explain what is roadside assistance? What is free and what is paid?

1 Like

Service also payable if service at door step?

Except that you are paying for Ather One and plus the cost of service. There are other road side assistance, which charge you as well.

@Ather.Team if that’s the case pls put conditions apply in ather services. It looks misleading.

1 Like

looks like we need more clarity

I’ll browse the site tomorrow and figure out

else call customer care and find those

i still think this is good when compared to surprises from regular dealership’s

but want to have completed info

1 Like

Got a call to schedule point installation in the morning. I was also told about a few OTA features that will be rolled out soon. Some major once were…

1. Eco and Power mode would be renamed as Ride and Sport mode respectively. (I kinda liked it)
  2. In addition to that, there will be one more mode added that will be related to Range, I guess. But this might happen only by June once they get clearance from the govt (ARAI, I believe)
  3. Multiple route options to be shown in the maps. I guess there is only one route displayed on a screen at the moment. This would also include a manual “reset” to er…reset the direction from where you are in case you got lost somewhere.
  4. Range calculation to happen in real time soon. Compared to what is displayed based on the previous ride.
  5. Also, (not too clear about this, but I think…) the range displayed on a full charge will be topped at 65km on Eco and 55km on Power mode. And based on your riding pattern, real-time changes in range shall be display. This would not reduce the overall range from what you are getting in any way…meaning If you get 70km you will still get it but once in full charge what you see might be lesser. I think this is fine as there are adaptive changes displayed in real time and i won’t freak out much if I won’t get 70km.

These might not be 100% yet. But this is as much I could recall.

3 Likes

Definitely their service quality might be very good, but better to clarify what gets covered n what does not. Like me, many might have understood that labor charges are free with Ather one subscription.

1 Like

This is annoying to hear… 250 labour charges? Despite subscription in place???

1 Like

Looks pretty much nothing but profile details… Interesting to have the ride details - individual, cumulative. Battery behavior with time (km run for every 100% charge). Health monitor/indicator.

For now the app seems of little to no use.

1 Like

Can’t we get this punctured else where? Shops near my house take Rs. 50 for a tubeless puncture.

6 Likes

I guess they literally mean the first three services, no labour charge. Not for roadside assist.

Hey Everyone,

Quick clarification on the costs.

Ather One does cover all scheduled service and labour & convenience cost for vehicle related issues. However, for unscheduled instances like an accident, it’s difficult to predict the nature of repair and hence absorb these costs. And in other smaller instances like a puncture, while there is no cost for the doorstep service, cost of material consumed and labour charges are applicable. We have been transparent on this part and also mentioned it in the user agreement.

This was the first request we got of this nature and we recognise that the cost for this service was not appropriate, considering that @samitbanerji already has an Ather One subscription. It’s an error at our end and we regret it. We are waiving off the cost for this instance. We will re-look & revise the process and costs for such services.

19 Likes

Ather delivers scooter generally with 4.4 km on odo and about 64/65km range on full charge.

I rode almost 13kms in city’s Friday traffic at 7pm and another 11kms includes taking delivery, small family round and late night visiting errands.

After this typical driving mode, the range was reduced to 53kms with 68% battery.

Charged 100% overnight and now it’s showing 79kms range.

8 Likes

what it i see i heard i do not belive this message. ATHER gives to me also 93 km.my delivery is in june. I beleaved my ATHER TEEM they did not take wrong decision at any cost.

1 Like

@rajeshkav, Very Congratulations to own flight #8761. Enjoy ather experience and it’s time to deserve @Ather_Owner bagde.

5 Likes

Glad to hear Rajesh… You too were always so nice and helpful in forums just like Ather team.

11 Likes

Congratulations sir

2 Likes

What was your speed sir to get such good range and traffic

Max speed was 50kmph, but definitely it was not constant nor average as traffic was heavy throughout in the ORR. In fact, traffic does not matter for electric scooter range (yes, it matters a little but NOT that much compared to speed). I feel anything above 50kmph, will suck more current from battery! Ather’s dashboard indicates nicely with different colour aura to indicate where your throttle is !

7 Likes

That helps was wondering why mine was less, tried cruising where ever I could so I am in between 70-72 with full charge :slightly_frowning_face:

3 Likes