I have an old access 125 which is having same telescopic suspension like in ather but doesn’t give out noise like ather suspension does.
I have access 125 and Dio, both of them doesn’t make that sound. Also it’s not fair to compare other scooter and say that’s it’s common.
My observation the bolt of the suspension hits the frame of the vehicle and produces the sound. The gap between them is very small.
Why the test drive vehicle doesn’t have these sounds???
The fork cone sound.the service mechanics soloving the problem by tight the cone nuts.u ask the costumer care or …
Just took my Ather out today evening to withdraw some cash from the ATM. And then, I saw an auto rickshaw which was blue in color. And had a green number plate. Just forgot what I had to do and parked my Ather and rushed towards it. I knew what it was. It was a Mahindra Treo. I had seen some videos of it on YouTube, but I had never seen it in person. The auto driver was super busy talking to people and explaining other auto drivers what it was. I started asking him lots of questions and showed him my Ather too. And then suddenly he stopped talking to others and we started talking in detail about each other’s electric vehicle. We spoke for 15 minutes. He was an absolute gem of a person. I asked him about the range/charge and all the normal stuff, and I asked if it worked out for him. He later said that he has some frequent customers like children (drop off to school), old aged people (taking them to temples, clinics etc.) and other customers. I even asked how he managed to pay for it. He said they have an association and they help these auto drivers buy these vehicles at a very nominal interest. We spoke and spoke and spoke. I finally asked where he stays and took his number. I shook his hand and thanked him for his interest in preserving the nature. I am planning to meet him and his association again.
I had absolutely no idea where to put this post in which thread. I am putting it up in Ownership Experience because if I had not bought an Ather, I wouldn’t have stopped and spoken to him or admired about electric vehicles.
What an experience!
If anyone is interested to meet him/people like him, hit me up. Let’s meet up and discuss all things related to EV and probably some sort of rally too?
Electronic City has many of these…
Good initiative
Even in my office, they started using electric cabs n installed electric charging point
That’s amazing. Let’s go on a ride and meet them.
My worst fear has come true. The vehicle was taken for repair and returned with scratches.
I didn’t notice these scratches yesterday, as I checked only the white body parts.
Today while washing my Ather, I noticed three scartches on the vehicle, i.e on wheel rim, belt cover and front black plastic on the handle.
Worst part is the belt cover scartche has happen when crossing over the divider or high foot paths. Definitely irresponsible driving.
I have taken an appointment this saturday to resolve the pending issue. Now I totally scared to give the vehicle for repair.
I am sorry to say this but I am having pathetic service experience.
These things are nothing to do with vehicle, but definitely to do with attitude your service team has towards the vehicle.
Sharing pics for your analysis.
@Shreyas @Ather.Team I believe the customer should be given the option of dropping and picking up the bike from the service station. Not comfortable with the idea of a random service representative doing it on our behalf and wrecking the bike.
I got my Ather 450 delivered 10 days back on 20th July, 2019.
First the things I liked:
- Pick up and speed is really good. I feel its on par or better than Activa or other Scooters on road.
- Suspension is good
- Dashboard and mobile app is superb
- Charging Pod amazed everyone who visited our home
But the major thing I am concerned is it’s making so much noise while riding as if like siren. I don’t need to honk while riding as the siren does the job. I complained about it and the technicians from Ather checked it. Technicians from Ather adjusted the belt tension and explained me that it is the noise from the belt and it will reduce after 500 km of ride. I remember that when I took test drive in March 2019, I didn’t hear such belt noise. Also, when I observed couple of Athers on road, I didn’t hear such noise from them. I would like to know from other Ather owners if they experienced similar issue.
Yes, I am also facing similar issue. Other Ather owners noise reduced after 1000 kms. I am just waiting to cross 1000 kms.
Same here
. I even got my Ather checked by the service team. They told that it’s common and would reduce in some time. I’ve crossed 550 kms now, and still, have the same amount of noise. It’s a little embarrassing when everyone looks at your premium bike not because it’s cool but they can hear a lot of noise.
I’ve also sent feedback to Ather that this sends a bad message to people on the road. That said, two of my friends have had the bike for the past year and theirs sounds really silent. Just hoping to get there soon!
I actually love the drone of the motor and belt. I secretly enjoy revving through my office basement parking just to hear the sound reverb through the whole lot. I do the same while riding or overtaking other bikes… Turns a lot of heads and I enjoy the attention 
I’m up for a meet with their association…
I too love that! I don’t want to get rid of that. But mine makes a wobbly motor sound during free coasting. That’s the sound that people react to when I’m almost coming to stop.
Those who feel belt noise is more compared to first initial kilometers or belt sound did not reduced even after crossing 1k kilometer.
Just try to give vehicle for pressure wash. In my case it helped and reduced the belt noise.
I like the sound when riding just after a puddle/ water clogging/ after washing…
Awesome sound!!!
Thanks. Let me also wait till 1000 km
Thanks for reply. Will wait till I cross 1000 km.
I have prepared short summary to explain people about Ather. Atleast 5-6 people daily ask me about the vehicle.
Daily cleaning my Ather because people are watching the bike very closely and don’t want it to look shabby 
It’s kind of James Bond in bikes.




