Ownership Experience

I was actually told wear and tear expenses will also be beared if subscription is availed… That’s the very reason why I opted for subscription…

1 Like

Once your vehicle is inspected, here are the consumables that will be replaced, as and when required.

• FR & RR wheel bearings
  • Steering bearings
  • Front fork seal
  • Swingarm bushes
  • Brake pads (two wheels per year)
  • Primary and secondary belts

Additionally, we will also do a top-up of brake fluid and front fork oil.

3 Likes

Thank you for the info… I want to know more about this, so I will walk into atherspace…

1 Like

Will ather provide spares to customers who don’t opt for Ather Service plan?? Suppose we want to do minor repairs ourselves… Can we pay for the spares and buy them?

5 Likes

After waking up from shut down, am unable to use regen breaking by reverse throttle. It doesn’t work (or at least I do not get the feel like Regen is engaged). Have noticed this more than couple of times in last two months. Some time it works, but the other occasions, it doesn’t. I wait for the next shut down to solve this issue by itself. Anybody else noticed this?

At least for today’s occurrence my battery was above 84%. That solves this query :slight_smile:. Did not pay attention to this fact earlier. Hence cannot confirm on the earlier occurrences what was my battery %. Will update here if I found again.

1 Like

Hue reflects average efficiency during last 10 seconds. So, it will not be immediate…

Nope. I find the headlights quite good… Better than any other vehicle I’ve owned/driven before. Maybe you should get it checked.

I 100% agree I’ve always preferred halogen over LED it’s not just ather. My 10 year Innova’s halogen lights were better than my Fortuner’s huge projector LEDs. Plus LED are hard on the other motorists on the road. I think it’s mostly the colour. Yellow just is better, at least for me. My 10 yr old Activa pushes out better light in my opinion.

3 Likes

It is mostly the eye response at night. The LED gives a full spectrum which is good for legibility. But most of the vehicles as well as Sodium lamps shine in the yellow side. This baffles your eyes. The LED lights should give you better visibility/legibility in a pitch dark situation, by giving you a good response on what is green and blue ahead. But when you are on a sodium lamp’d road with other halogen lamp’d vehicles, LED is counter visible.

1 Like

Yes some spare parts such as mirrors, body panels etc will be available for sale. You can reach out to customer service and place a request for parts, they’ll get back to you with the pricing and shipping if needed.

2 Likes

Ather headlights are not the best ones out there for sure.

It’s mainly because of the White colour light. White is good for normal usage and when it is really dark but the penetration of white light is poor and almost useless during rain or areas with street lamps. Not just with Ather, but on any vehicle, an yellow light is way better than a white light.

9 Likes

How is it possible sir ?

The old ather 450 software made the range on the dash as a dynamic range, which changes with your riding. If the question is how he achieved such range, then do check out this thread https://forum.atherenergy.com/t/mileage-archives/1234/255

Today my vehicle got a scratch near the front left side body panel. It is a small scratch (according to me). As I have (probably we all have) this ‘emotional connect’, did not want my 450 to have that scratch mark, checked with CS on the paint job. Received an update that no paint job can be done but to replace the entire panel. This got me surprised.

Anyone with any experience on having to touch up/paint job for scratches?

Here is the scratch mark and the response from CS.

2 Likes

Not that Painting can’t be done, just that Ather will not do it. It’s a small and negligible scratch and can be left as it is IMO. A small amount of rubbing compound will still reduce this further to a small line. So can just ignore that. But if you still want it to be at it’s shining best (understandable) Get it done from an outside paintbooth. The fairing replacement will cost 1100+28%GST. Painting that panel may cost around 500 to 750.

3 Likes

Sadly at first I used to look at every scratch I get on my scooter. 1 yr since ownership. My scooter has so many scuffs and scratches. Even broke the rear fender twice. Fevikwik fixed it both times. But the side panels and the panels next to battery are all completely scuffed. Ive left it as is now. I don’t plan to sell this ather for what I hope - a decade. So I don’t really mind. Cant really hope to keep a scooter that you use on a daily basis inside Bangalore to be scratch free IMO. Adds a bit of character too :smile: So I suggest embrace the scratches and enjoy the scooter for what’s inside

8 Likes

It’s just an ignorable scratch. Due to the fact that the vehicle is only 4 months old, had this concern :slight_smile: Would try a rubbing compound. Thanks Hemanth.

Yeah Suraj, agree with you. I am in Bangalore for last 10 years and owned two vehicles before. Both having enough marks on them to prove it’s been useed in Bangalore. Everytime the first year of ownership is like a newborn’s father feel. I am going to try a rubbing compound for now :smile:

Cheers!

6 Likes

25 days and 500 km its a smooth experience. No troubles No regrets, right from booking to delivery to onroad experience.

Some of those who dont want me to buy EV are now loving it. Its so special and exciting to ride on this beauty.

I am loving it❤️

10 Likes

Try getting your belt tensioned Have you gotten the break pads changed recently? That being said. Since ive got my scooter I’ve always noticed ather doesn’t coast as well as other petrol scooters which aren’t in gear. ICE in gear obviously, ather coasts better but if you were to rotate the front wheel of ather 450 it comes to a stop significantly faster as compared to my activa. I have videos for this. I’ll try to upload it on youtube and post a link here. Basically I do feel that athers wheels aren’t as free to rotate as their ICE counterparts. I won’t compare the rear wheels, but even the front wheel has a significant amount of resistance.

7 Likes