Ownership Experience

State of charge ( SoC ) is the level of charge of an electric battery relative to its capacity. The units of SoC are percentage points (0% = empty; 100% = full).

Source: Wiki

1 Like

Hi @rajeshkav, thanks for clarification. It’s clear now.

1 Like

They told by end of the day they will resolve the issue but it has not resolved. I am not able to use the vehicle because of this issue. There should be some work around to charge the vehicle in this type scenario, please look into this.

@raghav.srinivasan @abhishek.balaji

I have a query to experienced folks like you. My total travel per day is 19.5km. I am just into third day of ownership. I am managing an efficiency of 30Wh/km in sport mode and in ride mode as well. I am as of now getting a projected range of 80km with my style of riding.

Request advice on charging cycle. Shall I plug in to recharge when the battery level drops to 45% and cut off at 80% OR plug in at 45% and charge upto 100%? Which gives a better battery life?

OR

Shall i charge between 45-80% when I need to charge (maybe alternate days) and between 45-100% during weekends when usage could be more. Will this sort of ensure that all cell are active?

1 Like

I am a new owner but know a bit about batteries since we use it in our product. The way chargers are designed when battery is almost zero it starts with trickle charge (this prevents batteries from exploding) and once battery reaches 80% the charger agains slows down. These prevent the battery from getting damaged so you can charge it as and when the battery drops, I don’t think its an issue.

Here’s one from the FAQ section

Since your usage per day is very less, try to keep the 20-80-20 cycle. But any other charge cycle based on a different usage pattern should not bother you as the BMS is already limiting the upper and lower capacities to a certain extent

Thanks Mr. Hemanth Anand.

20-80-20. Does it mean that start charging at 20% and go upto 80% (perhaps during weekdays and as per usage and occasionally go upto 100% (may be during weekends as we get more time for trickle charging)? I am not sure if my understanding is right.

Oh! Sorry. I read your reply again. I think its to start at 20% and end at 80% and go down to 20% again.

1 Like

Yes and I think with your usage and your efficiency figures, you’d be fine by charging it once in 2 days.

I’d suggest not worrying about it. My usage is hardly about 12 kms a day. Use it till it reaches around 20-25% battery, and charge it up. You have the luxury of the using the full potential of this performance scooter, so might as well make use of it. :wink:

Most use cases are taken care of by the BMS, so you don’t have to worry about it.

1 Like

Thanks all for your inputs on charging cycle.

Hi @rajeshkav, In my vehicle, When SoC was 17 percent, with almost of speeds at 55 plus in Sports while accelerating it switched to ECO and there was a sudden loss of power, this happened twice, once while overtaking, which was frightening. Yes, I should have been more careful with an eye on SoC, But the point is when throttle is not at zero, it changed to ECO.

Hi Santosh,

Hope the team was able to check and answer all your questions on the issue reported.

Hi, need to know if my battery is discharging fast!

My vehicle was fully on March 1st, Since then I have traveled 6.2 kms (~7 kms) w/o crossing 45 kmph. I drove only on Ride mode and the current range left is 48 km. I am worried as I have lost 10 kms worth charge in 2 days.

That’s normal, there’ll be some battery drain when your 450 is left idle.

3 posts were split to a new topic: Motor communication error

Omg…this is alarming for me who is going to invest almost 2lac on 450x :pleading_face:

Why does these things happen, if an outsider sees these kind of faults before they buy ather, that would definitely lead to change their minds and leave the thought of buying an ather

1 Like

True indeed.

U can directly meet technician in service center with ur scooter , ask customer care to arrange this …

1 Like

It’s very strange, that few days back I had posted two questions related to the bms issue and the post has been removed. Can you explain why? Hence repeating the questions again. This time I will make sure to keep the screen shot of the post.

1. What is the roll out plan for this fix? When can we expect this be fixed?
  2. What happens to the battery pack ip rating after the fix?
3 Likes