Ownership Experience

It has multiple reasons(including saving battery life the link Rajesh shared should show the technical aspects), simplest layman term is your 4th roti doesn’t enter that easily as the first one into the stomach :wink:
Battery tech is still organic compared to loading Fuel into a tank.

6 Likes

I was trying to reduce my speed n change style of riding. It never happened because of My Apache RTR 160.
Now with Ather, I am able to achieve. I leave early, ride smoothly, have enough time to answer people questions and be happy. Yes it takes extra time. But I am more happy now than before. The world suddenly seems to be different now. Lol.
Only irritating factor is the noises, grinding sound. Can anyone help me with this issue please.
I hate giving bike for for frequent repairs, that too new bike not even a month old. :frowning:

2 Likes

Hey Harish,
I was also promised that the noise would go away. Now at 700 km still waiting for it to go. I will wait till 1000 and then give it for service as it is really irritating when climbing an incline

2 Likes

Even I’m having some noise. I actually love it. The sound is stuck in my ears. I need to listen to it every single day. But it can be annoying at times. I feel there might be some issue with my scooter. Its pretty loud. I’ve clocked around 600 now. Waiting for 1000. Then I’m planning to call the service guys.

1 Like

Well, I drove in combinations of all conditions, first 8 kms are really bumpy with lot of pot holes and humps. Then next 10kms are really smooth, not much of traffic too. Last 2 kms are in city with traffic.

2 Likes

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: The Funny Side

Good news, I rode in Ride mode, very smooth acceleration. I got 4.6 kms extra range. Wow

I charged 100%, 65 range for ride mode. Distance covered 17.6 kms. When I reached office still 52 kms range was available. So 65 - 52 = 13 kms. But travelled 17.6 kms. Gain of 4.6 kms. Wow :smile:
Ride stats to support to above claim. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Is Motor not able to drive the belt in a efficient manner? Or Do we have a clutch in between the Motor and the final drive? What exactly causes this sound to be precise? Belt, motor or gear?

I noticed that the regenerative braking(negative throttle) did not have any effect today. Other days I could feel the vehicle slowing down.
Couldn’t figure out why!
Everytime I tried, I was above 30kmph.

Can you recall if your vehicle battery level was more than 80% … :thinking:

It was above 80%

Regen does not work if the battery level is above 80%… :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Not sure from where the noise is coming from. But it definitely sounds like a big grinding machine.

If centre stand was available I could have analysed from where the sound was coming.

I audio recorded while driving but more wind sound recorded and no use.

I played the recorded audio to Ather service team, even they were not sure from where the sound came from.

They made general statement saying noise might come from belt, motor and disk. Or combination of all these things.

The belt and gear assembly are too closeby for my comfort, My hunch is that when there is load the belt side shifts momentarily. But, well thats just my guess… It could be the gears as well.
I think someone from Ather team has to clarify if that is normal, since it also sends vibration through the vehicle body it either feels like a rub or a shudder since something is not responding in time for the load increase.

1 Like

Nagkig, you seem to have described it absolutely right. But Ather seems to have no idea

1 Like

They made general statement saying noise might come from belt, motor and disk. Or combination of all these things.

:rofl::smiley: Any other part left in the assembly?

hey buddy

we had this discussion and almost all the owners complained about this in first 1k km’s of owning the bike…

let me assure you, this will fade away when you are getting close to 1k km

and with the noise itself

it is combi of belt, motor, stepup gear assembly and finally resonance - together produce that special effect

resonance of the above combi and floor board with battery compartment matches, that effect is produced however this vanishes when more km’s are done

donot worry, enjoy the ride

6 Likes

Thanks for the ride statistics. It’s so important to understand our style of driving and the end result.

Today better than yesterday…
I am really happy to see high ranges achieved by adjusting our riding style for EV

I got 6.5 kms gain…

5 Likes

I never seem to get the consumption below 33 Wh/km. My usual consumption is around 38 Wh/km :flushed: . Today, I tried to ride slowly to achieve better efficiency, but then gave it up after a few hundred metres :joy: . It was no fun going so slow. I’m not worried too much about the range anyway, since I use my Ather for only a few kms a day.

6 Likes