Ownership Experience

Reached 5k mark

13 Likes

How do you even ride :open_mouth:

1 Like

Blockquote This is a good idea. Implementing this would mean that Ather has to upgrade the screen to OLED. Normal LED-backlit-LCD displays will light-up the entire display panel and cannot selectively turn-off parts of the screen like OLEDs can. In OLED displays, each pixel is independently lighted-up and there is no back-lighting Blockquote

I think this can be done on LCD screens too. My Motorola One Vision has IPS LCD screen and it has this feature. Some other LG phones with LCD screen have this too. The implementation on OLED screens requires less power as most of the pixels are turned off (black). On LCD, even black needs power, but that’s not a concern in our case as the dashboard is on anyways even without AOD.

I think some software tweaks from Ather will do the trick.

1 Like

Agrere, It is very much possible on LCD screen.

For power saving perspective, it will not work out as anyway all pixel needs to be backlit…

But, from giving a dark mode or simplistic UI based on black background can still work. Because it is LCD, the black may not be real black, but it is still better than not being possible.

Dark mode will not help as it has a LCD screen. The screen will use all the pixels anyway. But it won’t put a strain on your eyes.

3 Likes

Why is Ather behaving like Android Phone OEM’S In Releasing OTA Updates ? For Screen Lag issue when I called customer care they said it will be resolved with Update. But when will this update be released ? This is nearly 1 month ago.How much longer should we Wait for this OTA to be released ? Can @Shreyas Pls give any time frame for this OTA Release ?

2 Likes

OTA updates need approval from govt. That is what was told during 2nd Owners Meet.

Not all OTA updates. Updates that affect vehicle performance or change the input/output parameters of the vehicle from what it was earlier certified require homologation.

Things like improving the compression algorithm for the documents stored on the bike do not require homologation but adding an eco mode does since it changes the range and too speed.

4 Likes

Thx for nice insight regarding OTA Updates. Then by time Ather plans OTA Updates to improve fix bugs and speed at which our govt works nearly 6 months plus for each OTA.

Hi Guys , just wanted to know if the fan switched on during today’s ride , mine didn’t turn on today at all , is it be coz of today’s weather which is cool or should I raise a complaint .

is it the first ride?
how far did u go?
how many stops?
interval between stops?

1 Like

Today I had to ride 18 kms , each side 9 kms throughout the ride fan hasnt turned on . No stops

ideally it should have

but this is for sure

if there problem with fan, motor wouldn’t start in the first case

so before raising complaint

please put it sport mode and ride aggressively for a km

it will switch on

2 Likes

Ok I will try , thanks

Forget about the interface lag, finding a place on the map by entering the address doesn’t work well.
Doesn’t work even when one uses the address copied from maps.
@Shreyas please do incorporate Google maps in a more effective way as finding places on the scooter or the app is terrible is the place to be travelled to is less known. One has to find a good landmark to get to the destination. At times it feels like the maps is a curse.
Do implement the maps in a better way(support of Google map links or plus codes or at the minimum coordinates which are much easy to implement than anything else) as they are a deal breaker if they don’t work well enough.

1 Like

Ride statistics - better now. Shows some statistics, which help me to change my riding style to suit EV for better efficiency.

Noises - 550 kms crossed but still weird noise or grinding noise has not reduced. It’s really frustrating at time.
Left hand issue - After week of issue resolution by Ather team. The left hand again becoming problem. It shows some resistance while turning left side and putting me out of balance.

Sir. Are you riding in highway conditions? I think the range you’ve achieved Is with smooth roads, less road humps, less road elevation, less traffic. (Im Guessing you’ve taken the nice road to electronic city?)

Looking at these numbers I got Ather anxiety coz I can achieve only 75-85km range on an average :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Yes, his bike efficiency is quite amazing. Least efficiency I achieved was 31. I felt like, I was doing meditation on Ather on that day.

2 Likes

It has multiple reasons(including saving battery life the link Rajesh shared should show the technical aspects), simplest layman term is your 4th roti doesn’t enter that easily as the first one into the stomach :wink:
Battery tech is still organic compared to loading Fuel into a tank.

6 Likes