OTA Wants - Feature requests

@abhishek.balaji Will we ever get an update to control the charge limit say 80%. Set the time at which the said Soc should be achieved like 8AM before work trip.

Now we don’t have to remember when it will reach 80% and go to plug it out.

2 Likes

Some sos or emergency option in the app f so that if it’s stolen… We could send request the turn of the vehicle and proved the location lock the tires

3 Likes

Can there be an auto switch on feature of indicators if we are using the maps in the dashboard if a fixed route is followed? Can the indicators switch on just 10 meters before turn is taken as a fixed route is followed through the google maps in dashboard in our Ather 450s’?

2 Likes

That’s a good idea, but might be dangerous in real conditions at certain times. A small delay in gps signal, a different road or traffic condition, etc can cause a huge confusion or error. Even though it might be rare, it could be dangerous.

4 Likes

To add to @acorreya This has Already been spoken about before. I think the legalities around it don’t allow it (not sure if this is the reason ) but youre not ALWAYS going to take the turn indicated on the map. There may be other factors affecting your route and that puts you at risk.

1 Like

I wanted to put in a feature request. It was partially answered in the owners meet but was misunderstood a bit. All grid points have the ather proprietary charging plug as well as the 16A socket at the centre for non ather owners. I wanted to request ather, since they are upgrading the hardware of the grid to allow us to use the charging plug as well as the socket in the point. I realise for this to be useful for ather owners, we’d need to carry the charger with us, in my case the portable charger is ALWAYS in my underseat cubby hole for the charger. And having the charger is not a problem. But I’ve been in at least 4-5 instances ( and I’ve visited grid points for maybe 10 times in total) where the grid point was under use and I had my portable charger but just couldnt charge up. Of which 2 times was at Nature’s basket Sadashivnagar , once at the only place, once at GT world mall ( all Bangalore). @tarun misunderstood this and thought we were requesting for extra validated 16A sockets at the grid points to just increase the points. What I’m suggesting is not a huge hardware change. The socket is already there and being used. Request is just simultaneous usage :blush: could help out a few people if not completely solve the waiting period.

7 Likes

One challenge I see is power theft can’t be controlled if there’s open socket in public place…

I also saw socket in the grid point charger, may be what you propose could be executed with some OTP to get access, also can avoid power theft !

2 Likes

But this would mean more work for Ather to develop the necessary tech and rollout across grid points. The way I see it, they already have their hands full with the 450X, national expansion, the committed Series 1, among other things…

A more ‘quick fix’ approach would be for them to directly connect their portable charging units into the lines behind the grid point at a few places for the time being, such that only the wire that connects to the scooter is visible and left for use. This will ensure it can only be used for charging Ather, and won’t require them to put a lot of effort to add charging points in key locations of B’luru, albeit these will not be fast charging (but better slow charging than no charging, I guess? :smiley: )

1 Like

As I said, validated socket. The socket in the grid point even now is only usable if you have the grid app and go through the process of activating the socket. It’s anyway free right now, this doesn’t change anything. Just the choice of using both of them together.

The functionality of using the socket already exists on the Ather grid app

Idk what tech would be needed. But it’s just an extra functionality. That’s it. They’re anyway setting up the new faster charging grid points.

It’s more of a limitation in how much power can be pulled between the socket and the DC fast charging. And most locations have a limit on how much power they can supply to the charger as well. @nishant.dk would be the best person to answer this.

But I think this is a change we can start ourselves, if you’re at a Grid point and see that you’ll park it for a longer duration or charging is non-critical, use the socket by default? That way if someone needs to charge urgently, they can unplug the portable charger and use the fast charging.

4 Likes

Tbh I didn’t even this was possible. I thought onceyou close the black flap there, it locks or something. Good to know. Will do this the next time for sure. :blush: If the current allows to, we needn’t even take out the plugged in charger. But I understand that there might be som limitations to this. Just something for your team to consider. That’s all

But this would be a problem once Ather starts charging for using the grid points no?

Also, my portable charger will not authenticate with the point (since it’s a normal 3pin) so I would end up paying for the session, even if I am on the charge or 360 plan.

For the next few months, don’t worry about it. If you’re on the Ather One 360 plans, charging at Grid this way will even get you some reimbursment :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

1 Like

Hi,

Please look into providing input location with coordinates, without this feature its very difficult to use Maps.

Regards, Abhay

1 Like

Search in Google maps and send it to the scooter. That’s the best way if you’re not already riding.

Hello ather team and ather community ,

1. Wanted to ask my queries for my ather 450 upcoming OTA updates . Wanted to know clearly if the anti theft / tow detection is possible for 450s . Because when i speak with ather customer care . They are like its 50% - 50% I.e may be yes or no . Requesting anyone to reply on this .

2. Also requesting the ather team to find out anyway to put bluetooth to 450 . I know spoken with customer care on this they say ather 450 and ather 450X software versions are different . We are ready to pay extra if needed to change the software and addition of bluetooth module

Requesting @abhishek.balaji @tarun to reply on this

yes it’s in the works through an OTA soon. Don’t have a clear timeline to share yet, but we’ll announce when it becomes available.

No plans currently, since it requires significant work to integrate a new bluetooth module and the related firmware for it.

3 Likes

Has any one noticed , significant loss of power after the latest firmware upgrade. The last upgrade that worked best and bug free( atleast for me ) was the one that introduced the dark mode on the ather.