Charging at Ather Grid

Hi Team is there anything being planned for the charging station solution because the number of vehicles are obviously going up as you all know and today I had planned my journey as I was running on low battery and had to reach home And I planned to go to natures basket on the way for the charging It was free at the time I left and when I reached it was already occupied by another vehicle and it was raining very heavily I had only 16% left I can’t even ride slowly to the next station due to rain and it was a very difficult situation for me and I’m sure many others are facing this aswell. I just needed 10 min of charge n I would have left

Is there any solution coming up by ather for this ?

If there is something like we can ping the owner to request to attend to the vehicle by tapping on his dashboard button to ping him on his phone directly ?

And he can disconnect the charger lock through the app or decline it with a message which will be shown on his dashboard something like that By making use of the connected feature already available

Incase the owner has connected the charger casually and he really dosent need charging then there can be a charge release option on the dashboard we can remove without disturbing the owner

Anything please

Since the number of vehicles are increasing its gonna be more difficult

@abhishek.balaji I am tagging you to this post so that u can read it Do let us know if ather is working on this already or planning to ?

9 Likes

Why doesn’t Ather, for now, enable the 16amp socket which is below the black cover, when another ather is getting charged? If someone who is carrying a portable charger with it’s Scooter can also be benefited?

8 Likes

Th plug point is actually not a DC output. So this argument doesn’t hold good. It is just basically like a basic 5A socket. Just authenticated

But since the grid points were not designed just for Ather vehicles and any vehicle can charge including electric cars…the probability of a scenario where the charger is already blocked is pretty high IMO

My bad, in that case, I don’t see why the plug point can’t be used while the grid point is being used. I don’t see anything limiting this, other than a power draw limitation from the host.

I did ask for it a while back

This was partly a solution that was provided but idk if they’ll consider enabling both. But I honestly this it’s in their best interest to let us use both. Since Ather grid is open to non Ather too they use the socket and even though the charger is available we can’t charge our scooter without unplugging the other person’s charger. Feels like one charging point wasted.

!(upload://gpJw6uj6dbzZvqwgb1sw8qhDWEH.jpeg)

Agon sports fast charging not working. It says charging now but no time or no update. @abhishek.balaji please ask grid team

1 Like

Raise a ticket via the Ather app. Quickest way to resolve issues.

ya done already. and then only informed here… Please let me know if anyone has recently used agon sports fast charger

Hi Ather team,

At ather grid locations people leave it for charge and don’t come back even after the charging is complete. I have been facing this multiple times where I’m waiting for more than an hour, and if it is after 8pm we can’t contact support also. We should be given an option to unplug the charger after 80% or should be able to contact customer who has left for charging via ather app or some text message, with more and more ather coming to market this has become a problem.

Please do come up with a solution for this

11 Likes

Ather should definitely come up with a solution to this. In the coming months, vehicles will increase and this will become a huge pain point to the owner waiting to charge his vehicle.

3 Likes

My solution for this is to to implement financial penalty from the app after the charge is completed and not vehicle is not removed within few minutes of this. Otherwise till free charging exists, this problem would be there.

Or in another option… The owner can unlock the charger by using his mobile app… If he permits to remove the charger by sending message with OTP or something like that… Pls think in this way… A simple things will change this kind of issues… Y because upcoming days number of Ather bike will be more… Then it will be mandatory…

1 Like

Valid suggestion, but I’m curious to know what exactly happened in this case? Was the status of the Grid point reflecting incorrectly on the app?

Regardless of whether it shows the status correctly or not, I think this is a big problem especially if we don’t have enough charge to get to the next grid point. Everytime I have gone to a fast charging point there has always been another vehicle plugged in. Till today I haven’t charged at ather grid once also, I have owned my 450 almost 6 months now. But luckily I have had enough juice to make it back home. Please do look into it.

1 Like

I get it’s a problem, not discounting that at all. And ofc we’re evaluating a few solutions, but trying to understand if there’s something going wrong in the status of the Grid points on the app.

Can some let know whoz vehicle is this at ather space bangalore. It is 100% charged but no sign of the person

Update: Done the person came

1 Like

Does anyone know if the point at Cafe Azzure is accessible? Last I went there was a few months ago and desperate for charge, but there was some road work happening which made the cafe and point inaccessible.

The pod at home is also showing red after a power cut yesterday :man_facepalming:t2:

BBMP, BESCOM & BWSSB have/had dug up large parts of Kalyan Nagar, Banaswadi, Ramamurthy Nagar.

I had driven by Cafe Azzure 4 weeks ago and it was still operational. Roads had already been fixed by that time.

1 Like