OTA 4.1.0x

Pure coincidence :stuck_out_tongue:

The new update has a few bug fixes, no changes in performance or features. The existing 450s will continue to be supported through regular OTAs, bringing in new features and updates :slight_smile:

The previous update had fixes for the touch screen firmware. If you’re still facing issues, please reach out to customer care to get it checked.

Thanks for reporting this, I’ve flagged this to the team to get it checked ASAP.

@abhishek.balaji, thanks for the reply.
Yes i was aware of the 4.1.0 update, and my concern about the touch has been going on with Customer care now for a very long time… Ather is seemingly clueless as they have been saying tat there is no issues or we are working to get some updates to the display firmware, but so far i dont see any change in the concern i have raised.

Since they mentione that they are working on an update to the display firmware, i asked if that was part of this 4.1.1.x update we just received.

Anyway, i shall continue to wait for a fix for it…

New issue post updating to 4.1.1.x that i am noticing is that the turn lights now doesnot turn off automatically. It is behaving like any other 2 wheeler on road(Full Manual !) i am not sure if others have noticed it or if it is some issue post my 10K service. i am yet to communicate this to CC, will do so shortly.

DO NOT update the latest version. I personally know atleast 3 vehicles that aren’t starting after the latest update.

*** TO ATHER TEAM***

VERSION RELEASE 101

TEST AND DEPLOY

FOR NOW IM STRANDED AND SUPPORT TEAM HAD ASKED ME TO WAIT 5 MINUTES AND TURN ON THE VEHICLE. ITS BEEN 20 MINUTES. NO LUCK

UPDATE: my vehicle is being picked up

@tyam17sriram You check info about OTA updates here: Over The Air Updates

Thanks Abhishek!

I was not in Bangalore for close to 2 months. So installed this update just recently.

My Initially impression before even installing, just by seeing the change log, I was disappointed to be frank… too late and too little.

Already @raghav.srinivasan @hemanth.anand has shared detailed review.

Here are my INITIAL observations: +ves:

OTA downloaded quickly. Big improvement from early days where I had to wait for days. Typing in the Navigation UI is much better… Earlier it was unusable. Auto Turn-off indicators work much better (hit ratio is > 50% now) Frequent Cloud Sync - This is good and much awaited. Drop-Pin Location is a good addition… Not sure if people use it more than co-ordinates.

-ves:

Navigation lag - Still there. And, I still miss turns because of this. The recent one on Sunday evening. 09 bug - Still exists. If we delayed and limited the features for for a stable fix, then really wonder if we could not fix this small problem in first attempt. Dark Mode - This was in everyone’s wishlist and still a distant dream… :frowning: No option to Location Search by Co-ordinates shared by WhatsApp / Google - More than Drop Pin, IMHO this was more practical need. But, Ather prioritized it over this.

On hold: Touch screen is still very laggy. I remember seeing firmware update done by @rajeshkav. So, will keep this pointer on hold until I update FW.

My first impression: Not so happy for an update which came after a 4 month wait. Will update / add pointers after couple of weeks.

2 Likes

No issue in starting the vehicle after the latest update. Need to check the auto-off turn lights.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Maintenance and Service

Just want to share this Incident, related to recent OTA update----->
Myself, @Rahul, @chandruM and two others. We all just planned for a casual meet up at thiruvanmiyur beach - VTV spot :heart::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. Myself and Rahul started from nungambakkam, on the way we get to know that chandru’s Ather 450 is not getting on and display is blank, when key in. Also solenoid is locked since it was charging. We went to his home and thought of trouble shooting, we tried couple of times, no response. This happened just after the OTA update finished. I tried to switch on my Ather 450 just to check some info, its not getting On, blank display and no response. Myself and @Rahul reaction was like WT*** :astonished: :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :thinking: something fishy and scary at Chandru’s place :ghost::skull_and_crossbones::joy:
My Ather 450 was up and running smoothly last 2 days, post recent OTA update.

Tried to switch on couple of times, tired manual restart, got no response. Later we made small Jerk by applying brakes just to make sure if there is any loose connections - (Idea credits @Rahul :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)and then tried to key in and switched on very slow and gentle. It worked :rofl::rofl: we tried the same to other one, it woke up.

Conclusion : If your Ather 450 is down after recent OTA update, just try making some Jerks by applying both the brakes, forward & backward and then Key in slowly. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::rofl::joy:

I hope @Ather.Team fixes these bugs in next update, similar 7 cases recorded in Chennai, including us :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

wow that is some fix :smiley: I wish I had tried that before handing over my 450 to the service team yesterday. Seems like a lot of 450s were affected by the last update. Hope I get mine back soon.

1 Like

Immediately After update, my screen went blank (white) as well. Turning off and on also didn’t help.

But, after 3-4 minutes it came back. I didn’t think it was because of OTA. now, hearing yours I could relate.

Same problem…?

This doesn’t seem to be resolved even after the latest update. The GPS location on the app still randomly shows the bike to be a couple of kilometers away from where it is actually parked, every now and then.

1 Like

Service guys might be doing the same with your scooter after reading this :laughing:

1 Like

Guys even I had similar issue yesterday evening around 6 00PM. I switched off my Ather in a signal and when green, my flight didnt switch on. I tried to switch off and on a couple of times, nothing worked.

I pushed it to the sideways and tried to switch on, to my surprise it switched on. I can relate my issue to yours. Not sure what went wrong after the update.

1 Like

My vehicle not turned on today …yesterday OTA was updated :pensive:

Today called to CC and raised concern …tomorrow service team will visit my place…

And now the ride statistics don’t show up anymore on the app. If I go to the statistics page, it just says “Go on your first Ather ride, now!”. This latest update is turning out to be quite buggy for me :frowning:

Today happened to me also twice and also got this error message

Ather support team member told their is a service person near my home come from your office. I came home now they have not called and not picking the call. This is a smart way of service as I am also at home so… I need to follow up tomorrow again. @Ather.Team this is my 4 bad experience in 1 month.