On Road Experience

After running without a hiccup for a little over 1K KM, my 450 decided to not turn on today.

Completely unresponsive… Not even the headlamps. Waiting for RSA, hope they figure out what’s wrong.

So sad, please share your RSA experience.

Mostly the bms issue. I had it too.

Looks like it. They are going to take it away for fixing. Did you get a temp vehicle?

Took 2 days and a new battery

That’s not too bad then… Did you mostly charge using your home pod? Or did you use the portable charger a lot? I’ve been charging using only the portable charger so I’m wondering if something went wrong there, or if this is a general problem with all the Athers.

Doesn’t matter where you charge it. Something to do with the SW issue with the BMS.

I charge at home all the time btw.

Spotted this quirky looking EV … NDS Lio… near my home …

Spotted another unidentified EV near my home. Looked like a 2-Wheeled golf cart.

5 Likes

This has been there for over a year now. I almost bought it but then took a test drive. It’s really silent. The ergonomics are really bad and it’s like our eco mode in it’s power mode. The Lio plus is the same price as Ather but lesser power more range. They’re also up for hire one zoom car app. In indranagar. I used it to go to the Ather zone for my test ride.

5 Likes

Came back from a trip and first thing i did was test the Eco mode on the ather. First impression, its the worst thing ever… zero acceleration (2 people) and quite dangerous on inclines (couldn’t climb and was just making noise). It might be good on highways for constant speed 45 kph, but city is dangerous.

Ride mode feels more like a proper driving mode to me in the city

6 Likes

I feel ECO mode, doesn’t work the way of RIDE or SPORT mode.

In Ride Mode - Engine stops responding after achieving the speed of >= 59 KMPH

In Sport Mode - Engine stops responding after achieving the speed of >= 90 KMPH

But in Eco mode, engine stops responding starting from 11 - 33 KMPH consecutively which makes user to stay away of using Eco mode and gets irritated.

Suggestions :
Eco mode would been configured in the way without any engine clitch to achieve 40 KMPH then after engine stops responding.

7 Likes

I think you mean motor ? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yeah I meant motor as engine

1 Like

My review of the latest OTA

OTA Download:
It was a wise decision to split the OTA into two. Compared to the last OTA, I could get it installed rather quickly on Day 2 itself. But, there is more scope of improvement in how OTA download is handled by the system.

Charging Status Sync:
I too faced the sync issue. But, after restart I see charging status syncs properly.

Range Prediction:
I really dont use the Range Prediction. So did not miss anything here.

Eco Mode:
For me, Eco Mode = Safe Mode. Whenever I take my kids in scooter, I consciously switch to Eco mode. There is hardly any chance for you to do rash driving.

Eco Mode vs Sports Mode is like DSLR vs Point & Shoot -> People who know how to extract good range does not need ECO mode. @rajeshkav can get 100+ in Sports mode. :wink: But, ideally what Eco mode needs to achieve is what a Point & Shoot camera does in photos. i.e. Get good range (75 km) without much effort from the rider without loosing much of the function. It should be usable for most use-cases.

But, right now Eco mode is very restricted. In my ~8 solo trips in Eco mode, I observed the below

1. In flat roads, it is hard to get top speed beyond 40 kmph.
  2. Only in steep downhills like Empty Marathahalli bridge, I get top speed of 50 kmph for few seconds.
  3. In slightest of inclines, the average speed goes down to 30-35.
  4. In medium inclined roads, the top speed is only 30 kmph and literally every single two wheeler could overtake me :slight_smile:
  5. If momentum is lost during steep inclines, it struggles to keep up.

ECO mode is really needed. But, it cant be used regularly with the way it is now. I dont feel like using it with adult pillion riders at all. The roll on acceleration (20-40) needs to be better.

And, inspite of using the Eco mode, I am not excited with the efficiency. I can easily beat / achieve Eco range in Ride mode itself.

8 Likes

Interesting. I just wonder who will be the sponsor.

2 Likes

Why did it get flagged? :thinking:

2 Likes

Same efficiency same everything, different modes

2 Likes

I am currently Charging at Agon.
There is another Ather 450, whose charger lid is open.
It is also raining…
I think I should close the lid…

2 Likes

One of the things Ather could’ve worked on was maybe a magnetic and rubber lined lid for the socket on the vehicle, so it’s water resistant and also snaps shut unless it’s held open by the charger.

Useful when you forget to close it. Or spray water in that region by mistake.

8 Likes

Did anyone notice app doesn’t show real time charge status anymore after the recent update? It’s seriously annoying for me :-x

1 Like