On Road Experience

What I have observed is, if I start riding my vehicle immediately after unplugging from charge the fan kicks on very often and if the motor and battery r cool enough the fan doesn’t switch on often.

2 Likes

Yes, that’s logical and even Experience centre shared the same view like you said, but for me, even if I don’t charge and the vehicle is not used actively for more than 12-24 hours, the noise kicks in as soon as I start to ride normally.

I suspect, this is not common in all vehicle but may be my vehicle is getting heated up sooner than other vehicle… again that’s my guess.

1 Like

Its not Ok with me… since it’s NOT common!!

1 Like

Is the bike parked out in the sun?

Call Ather team and request for reinstalling the software

In that case, there is some kind of problem with your vehicle. It’s better you get it resolved by getting in touch with ather team.

Yes, they have taken the vehicle and will have to see how they resolve this problem.

Oh ok. I will ask them, right now the vehicle is with them. But I wanted all your input to my case forward… thanks for your input

1 Like

@raghav.srinivasan, its parked in basement. and I started to experience from initial days itself

I just got an email about the charging reimbursement!

7 Likes

I got one for 10units!

@abhishek.balaji2 how long have you had the bike?

March 6. Looks like they’re doing it for every quarter in the calendar year.

I got the electricity consumption reimbursement email today for the Q1 of 2019.

As per the report, the scooter has consumed 39.87 units. At ₹6.5 per unit (for the announced slab of 100-200kWh), I’m reimbursed a total of ₹259.15.

The scooter had run 836.1kms till March 31st (today it’s 930kms). That’s just ₹0.30 per km.

However that’s not the actual cost I’ve incurred. My regular electricity consumption at home in at least the previous 3 years is around 270 units per month. This month, I’ve consumed 320 units. That means 100 units in the slab (200-300 units @ ₹7.55 per unit) above the one announced by Ather and 20 units in two slabs (above 300 units @ ₹7.6 per unit) above that.

So if I calculate accordingly (20 units in the highest and 19.87 in the second highest), the running cost for the scooter will be ₹302 in total and ₹0.36 per km.

We had taken delivery of our Ather on March 3rd. My home electricity billing date is 1st of every month. So the calculation is actually easy for me. Of course this will not be same for everyone. But whichever way we look at it, the running cost is 5 times cheaper than an ICE scooter. :clap:

7 Likes

Let me know if it’s solved. I was under the impression that it’s inherent. If it’s really an issue and is solved in your case, I’ll get mine checked too as it’s exactly the same as what you’ve described.

2 Likes

+1

@ather.team is working on dark mode. We are waiting.

1 Like

Just for clarification of a small doubt, if the vehicle is towed down and taken by traffic police, is it possible to track the location of the vehicle? Because the computer isn’t turned on by key to update or to sync it’s data or location

1 Like

Good Question. If the ather is on sleep mode (not shutdown from dashboard), it should show the current location.

1 Like

Ather Rally

:motor_scooter:

Rally video-3

Rally video-2

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Accessories

Actually I have booked Ather.

Expecting delivery in May sometime. I am indeed excited to own an electric bike next month. Having said that , I also have a couple of questions n need answers from the reliable sources

My riding distance everyday is from Yelahanka to Bellandur which is 65-70 km to n fro .

Will the charge be sufficient for this trip .

It is mentioned that one time charge will last for 75km

But does it hold good In traffic conditions , when the bike lies idle from morning to evening.

I will have no energy to wait and keep it for charging in between if it gets discharged.

Is it possible to test ride this distance for a day and then decide ?

1 Like