On Road Experience

This Monday I had an overzealous Activa rider ram into my back tyre as I braked to avoid the bike in front. The saree guard is slightly out of alignment and I see a small scuff mark on the mud guard.

Has anyone removed the saree guard? I found the 2 nuts to be super tight. The Allen key I had did not have enough leverage to even crack a turn in those nuts!

1 Like

I do remember reading that someone removed the saree guard!. was trying to find that message but no luck!

@vinodvaddi??

My under seat light won’t turn off. I noticed it today when parked it in the dark. Is this a known issue?

Yes call customer support… last time another got same problem… There is sensor/switch to sense seat cover to close… that malfunctioned last time

2 Likes

Guys don’t use any film paper especially on white as the film turns yellowish after 1 year due to sun

Films should not be used on any light colour these guys don’t tell you that
I had to remove the film for my VITARA brezza after 1.3 years as they ruined the colour of the vehicle if you go to show room they will themselves tell you that it is not advisable on light colours

1 Like

I did

1 Like

+1

Deselect the automatic brightness.

2 Likes

Did it. But it’s still too bright for me.

1 Like

Yes Raghav, it’s very tight. But with a little patience you can remove it. Even I removed the saree guard.

I took the delivery of Ather 450 few weeks back and have been facing a peculiar problem wherein the Fan (Seems to be the cooler) is switching on frequently and makes a weird noise (very annoying). This is apart from the Belt noise which is usual. I didnt see this FAN noise in Test Ride vehicle and was told that Fan will kick only when the Motor is heated up (probably due to excess ride or speeding), but for me, it’s happening continuously even after riding 100 meter with a speed of 20KM/hr.

I am now told that, this FAN noise is common and every vehicle has this noise. Can anyone confirm if other Ather 450 owners are also experiencing this FAN noise all day (on and off)?

1 Like

So I did a test to check my range anxiety. I did not charge over night. Started at 65kms and…

04/Apr - 28km
05/Apr - 32km
Overnight Leakage - 3km
Remaining mileage - 15km

Kept my speeds to within 40kmph with no rapid acceleration. Used the regen wherever possible before hitting the brakes.

Nice to know that I can expect a 80km range without even trying that hard.

5 Likes

Raghav, Are you facing any Fan noise while riding?

Same in my case… The noise seems to come at around 5 Km drive every trip ride.

1 Like

I had the same issue, the switch is magnetic and it is glued under the cover, small fix but call customer care and they come the same day or next day depending on when you raise the concern to Ather

1 Like

Yes. Usually kicks in after half a km of riding. I barely notice it as I wear earphones while driving.

The only time I know it’s on is when I can feel the fan vibrations while stopped in traffic.

Personally not a big bother for me. I had asked in the last open house in Dec 2018 if they could put in liquid cooling instead of forced air cooling. But they couldn’t as it would mean smaller underseat storage due to housing a coolant tank and circulation pumps.

2 Likes

Understood, but for me it’s very annoying since it’s always keeping on and off even if I ride 100 metre. Thanks for the feedback

1 Like

this is very annoying … since this is addition to the Belt noise and vehicle becomes very noisy. Plus for this is happening with just 100 metre ride…

2 Likes

You’ll get used to it, it’s OK!!